Ian Somerhalder: Fashion World is Less Creative for Talent (Exclusive)

Ian Somerhalder: Fashion World is Less Creative for Talent (Exclusive)

Ian Somerhalder is smoldering sexy in this new image from his photo shoot for CBS Watch magazine’s April 2014 issue, provided exclusively to JustJared.com.

Here is what the 35-year-old Vampire Diaries actor had to share with the mag:

On his early modeling career: “In the fashion business, if you’re a creative director or you’re a designer, it’s a very creative business and you can drive it. As talent in the fashion world, it’s significantly more vapid.”

On earning his self-guided degree in humanity: “You don’t have to be in an institution to study. The world has been a really cool classroom that we’re all in together, sort of bouncing around, learning, failing often and passing sometimes. And just like in school, the kids who are nice make the experience a lot better. The kids who are bullies and assholes make the experience not as wonderful. The thing we’re lacking the most in the world, and yet what everyone wishes for, is compassion.”

The spring issue of CBS Watch is out next week!

ian somerhalder watch magazine exclusive 01
ian somerhalder watch magazine exclusive 02

Getty

SO HOT!!!!!!!!

HE IS GORGEOUS OMGGGGGGG! <3333

He’s so awesome and very sexy! Love those pics *-*

Beauty and Brains!! He’s the whole Package :)

He is HOT MAGIC turned Gorgeously beautiful

He’s a very smart and handsome Man! LOVE HIM!

HOLY GOD. SO damn fine. Let me fan myself. Not to mention, he said some pretty impressive things. Now would be the time to fling myself off a cliff.

He’s just mind-blowing!! Gorgeous, adorable, talented, and so full of love and compassion, what more can we ask?? The sky is the limit ;) <33

Looking good as always Smolder! But the best part on you is your heart….

He did another photoshoot? This man is on fire and we love it! GOD HE IS SO HOT!!!!

my baby <3 Ian hot as always :)

Sebastian @ 03/11/2014 at 4:22 pm

Ian is so impressive, he has what we say the package. a man with looks but also with the most beautiful soul.

Ian is the man the more humble, more grateful, the most loving, the most generous. Ian is a great actor but he is not that ca…Ian love his fans, he gives us all his time and his love. Ian arrives every day to give me a smile, this man is a joy to him alone. My life would have been sometimes more sad without him.
Him soul is a gift for the world, for us, for me…♥
Thank Ian to be just you, to be in my life ♥

HE IS EVERYTHING!! So sexy&beautiful AND super smart!! DREAMY ;)

HOT HOT HOT….did I mention HOT?!! And what he said is A+

OMG Ian !! so hottttt

AAAAAH JUST DIED !!!! SO HOTT

He’s getting older

He’s looking so dapper! Wow IAN :) :) :) and his Words are just as beautiful as he is

Is he even reall ? how can someone be so gorgeous ?

MY BABY! He gets hotter every day!!!! His soul is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen, he is an inspiration for so many people. He’s a true hero who wants to save our world, thank GOD there is a man like Ian Joseph Somerhalder. We owe him so much.
His foundation REALLY makes a difference, be a part of the change & donate to http://www.isfoundation.com/welcome – every dollar makes a difference!!!!!!!!!

OMGGGGGG ONLY TWO PEOPLE WHO ARE COMMENTED HERE LMMMMAAAAOOO

hot+smart @ 03/11/2014 at 4:39 pm

he is hot AND smart ! Love you Ian !

Amazing <3

can someone ask him who broke nina’s heart ?????Of courses , One and only IAN

the most interesting man @ 03/11/2014 at 4:45 pm

As Paul Wesley said : Ian is the most interesting man in the world !! Love him !

Ian Somerhalder is a beautiful Man in and outside! His Words really touched me and he’s so right. “The kids who are bullies and ******** make the experience not as wonderful. The thing we’re lacking the most in the world, is compassion.”

@Ana: Everyone is.

WrongPlace @ 03/11/2014 at 4:46 pm

Oh another PDubber amongst us. “Attention seeker” People are giving him attention. Magazines want him. He’s smart, beautiful, talented and is changing the world. There are very few people as impressive him. Perhaps, even none. He has it all.

I’m sure the guy is good looking. But the pictures look so airbrushed it’s hard to see if that’s what he really looks like.

Not only does Ian looks beautiful here but I really love the comment about kids and bullies. I see so much bullying on twitter everyday. And I agree the world is a classroom. I do think education is important but it is not enough. The world has a lot to offer. This man is very astute and that to me is more important than looks. He’s the whole package.

OMG, he looks so hot! Sexiest man alive for sure

smart, sweet, handsome, hot, intelligent, compassionate :) this is our wonderful Ian :). changed my life, otherwise, you’d better see the world. His words – “breath, smile – repeat” help in the most difficult moments. For the fans loving, patient – we are his friends. The most humble and most grateful of famous people. Loving your wonderful family and friends. He has my love, respect and support to end of the world and one day longer. Thank you Ian for everything :) #proud #somerholic

BEAUTIFUL MAN!

@sarah: he’s even more beautiful in real Life!!!

Oh please @ 03/11/2014 at 4:55 pm

@Ana: Oh Ana, Paul Wesley is getting older too, they all are, we all are, and Nina’s heart didn’t look too broken when she was flaunting and boasting her single and free happiness on Twitter last Summer about two weeks after the break up. Maybe Bradley, Derek, Julian, Liam etc broke her heart too….shame on them. She’s living the life she wants. Her and her 33 year old hairdresser companion, College boys galore to rub against. Don’t you have anything better to hate on Ian with?

GRANDPA IAN

so trueeeee @ 03/11/2014 at 4:56 pm

@Oh please: and ian is a SAINT NO>?????????????????? SHUT UP

he is the terrible actor from TVD no?

grandpa?hahahha lol

HE ROCKS <3 awwwww love the pics and his Interview

He’s not only the sexiest Man alive, he’s also very smart, kind and super awesome to his Fans! I adore him. Go Ian ;)

he’s pure Sex! Drop dead gorgeous

Kassandra @ 03/11/2014 at 5:06 pm

HOTNESS OVERLOAD *___________________*

Stunning!! Can’t wait for this mag to come out. Hope they sell it in my Country :)

He is flawless, literally!

This guy is beyond amazing!!! He is definitely beautiful and gorgeous inside and out. His deication to his fans, work and isf is so real. He is a good man.

He’s everywhere recently and I love it. It’s super awesome to have an Idol like him. Ian is genuine, kind and loves his Fans so much. He’s beautiful inside and out. Those pics are gorgeous as always ;)

This is so photo-shopped he doesn’t even look like a person. It’s more like a painting. I get that he’s a handsome man, but these photo-shoots don’t show how he really looks.

@ Ana @ 03/11/2014 at 4:36 pm

Everyone’s getting older or they’re dead.

Ian is sexy,beatiful,smart,compassionate and generous man that i know.I love him.THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS WONDERFUL HUMAN BEING

He’s an amazing man who deserves everything in his life. He spends his free time meeting people and working for us, for the entire world, and he’s also a talented actor. Few people can be called idols but he’s definitely one.

So proud of him <3

PS : OMG THIS PHOTOSHOOT! XD

@Jessie: I disagree. I mean all shoots are Photo-shopped but Ian is literally flawless in real Life. I met him and he’s just wow. Mind blowing beautiful.

Too much perfection :’) :’)

HOT & SEXY! Perfection all the way!

To all of you saying “he’s getting older”, “he’s aging”… guess what? We ALL are, we all get older every single day, so stop using that as some kind of insult because at the same time you are trying to insult him you are insulting yourself as well. Everyone gets older and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Apart from that, Ian isn’t just his looks, he is also the humble, intelligent, generous and compassionate human that he is, trying to make the world a better place for everybody. What are you trying to do to help? Let’s see if you achieve what he’s done by the time you are his age.

His acting career is going no where, I guess a modeling would be an alternative?

Ian is such a talented, gorgeous man. He is truly a celebrity of substance. Quite impressive how he spends most of his free time trying to make a difference in the world and bringing joy to so many. I’m proud to be a fan and look forward to all his upcoming endeavors.

He is everything!
He is handsome, hot, smart, humble. I just love him so much!

Thank you haters for giving Ian publicity <3
Love you guys xoxo

SMIRKING LIKE A RAPIST. D ACTOR

Ian is a phenomenal actor, super hot, intelligent, funny, kind-hearted, caring, sweet, nice,handsome….He’s awesome! Best Idol ever XD

“The world has been a really cool classroom that we’re all in together, sort of bouncing around, learning, failing often and passing sometimes” SO TRUE!!! ;)

Ian Somerhalder is more famous and loved than many Hollywood Stars combined! He has over 10 Million Fans on Facebook and almost 5 Million on Twitter. He’s unbelievable hot and awesome! People all around the World love him. So don’t be jealous you haters, you will never be as awesome and sexy as he is. So stop stalking him and move on.

Saintdobrev @ 03/12/2014 at 7:51 am

old rapist!

Everything is about Ian and nothing hurts <3

@Torreys: I agree! He has the best Fans in the World. No wonder….we have the best Idol ever! :))))))))))

I NEED THIS MAGAZINE!!!! HE IS SO HOT!!!

He is terrible actor! He deserves the award “worst actor”

@Looch: do you really think we don’t know who you are? With your bad english and your same old crap? Changing names doesn’t help ya anymore. Aren’t you tired of stalking Ian? Are you that OBSESSED with him? Your jealousy is showing my dear. It’s a very ugly thing you know! Maybe go and see a doctor ;)

This man deserved all the credit in the world 4 being humble , inspiring, philanthropy ,causes &….. above all his enthusiastic 4 saving the world
so proud of him bec of all his amazing job
PS: dear hater did i told U how much i appreciate u 4 making him more famous & popular ;) oh i am sorry 4 u bec apparently ure idol didn’t give u anything useful otherwise u didn’t stalking every Ian’s news xoxoxo

Ian is too low (5 ’7”) tall! INot could make the model for the profession.

@michelle: doesn’t matter! He already was a Model and a very good one! <3 I think he can do everything…acting, Modeling and saving the World! He's just awesome like that

Those pics are hot but I want more please <33333

@stacy: LOL! I take that hot, beautiful, gorgeous Grrandpa any Time., and that Man is even more gorgeous in Person..

@michelle: Ian is 5 *9* and was a top Model for all the high Fashion Designers,

He’s a very hot man, no doubt about that. Loving the pics and what he said.

This man has everything :an hot body with a smart mind and a beatiful soul in..he’s basically perfect in everything..haters can go to hell!!! we are in heaven with this gorgeous amazing talented and more to come man!!!

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL GRANDPA GOO AWAY