Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery

Angelina Jolie Reveals She Will Have Another Preventative Cancer Surgery

Angelina Jolie has opened up about her plans to undergo more surgery to prevent the chances of her developing cancer.

“There’s still another surgery to have, which I haven’t yet,” the 38-year-old Maleficent actress told EW in their latest issue. “I’ll, you know, I’ll get advice from all these wonderful people who’ve I’ve been talking to, to get through the next stage.”

“I’m great!…I’m very happy I made the decision. I was very fortunate to have great doctors and very, very fortunate to have a good recovery and have a project like Unbroken to have something to be really focused on, to be getting healthy for, and to be able to just get right back to work,” Angelina added.

“I feel very, very close—much closer—to other women, and women who are going through the same thing,” Angelina continued. “Wherever I go, usually I run into women and we talk about health issues, women’s issues, breast cancer, ovarian cancer. I’ve talked to men about their daughters’ and wives’ health. It makes me feel closer to other people who deal with the same things and have either lost their parents or are considering surgeries or wondering about their children…The reason that I wrote it was to try to communicate and help and connect with other women and other families going through the same thing. And…I was very, very moved by all the support and kindness from so many people.”

Angelina bravely underwent a double mastectomy last year.

• A Panthers NFL player has been deactivated for domestic abuse - TMZ
  • Charles Barkley is defending Adrian Peterson - Gossip Cop
  • Nolan Gould is all grown up on Modern Family - Just Jared Jr
  • Martha Stewart is slamming Gwyneth Paltrow - Huffington Post
  • What do you think of Emma Stone's LBD? - Lainey Gossip
  • An Amy Winehouse statue was erected in London - The Hollywood Reporter
  • Alessandra Ambrosio's legs are so long - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 735 » Show All

Strong, brave woman. The next step will be making these preventative surgeries affordable for all women.

Love everything about Angelina.

luvangie4ever @ 03/12/2014 at 1:56 pm

All my love to Angie. I hope she’ll live a long and healthy life that’s fulfilling, joyous and full of love.

Don’t get me wrong cancer is serious business but it sounds a little pretentious when she says other women come to her to talk about health issues. whether she wants to admit this or not, she is the definition of the women who does not have a lot of girlfriends, if any.

@sky: Maybe she finds her charitable work more fulfilling than sitting around and gossiping with girlfriends.

Another thread about the same topic. Boring and unnecessary.

Brave Angie!

She should take her brain out and replace it with a functioning one.

Bracing myself for the ****** comments… too bad people take opportunities like this to showcase what ****** human beings they are. I hope she’s happy and healthy, if only for her children’s sake. It’s nice to see a celebrity use their celebrity for something other than selling smart water or overpriced watches. It’s comforting knowing that someone else is going through the same thing you are and is willing to speak to it so that others will listen.

Love her! Just love her!

Beautiful inside and outside

were the morons @ 03/12/2014 at 2:17 pm

@Red Head:

# 6 Red Head @ 03/12/2014 at 1:59 pm
@reply | flag this

——

THIS. Angelina isn’t like a lot of women who sit around on their high ass horses and be catty all day- she actually works!

@Nikka: @Nikka:

Ugly inside and out.

@Again: You really want her to die ew!!!!!!!!!

Orientals can hear, and see what you’re visually thinking.
THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A MEME! This is the absolute complete truth!!!!
Orientals hide their mind reading abilities by a lot of them having completely expressionless faces so they don’t accidentally show facial expressions when people think things they don’t like, find funny, astonishing, etc, and Orientals segregate so their not nearly as susceptible to that happening.
Orientals also segregate, and are untalkative to avoid accidentally saying things that are similar to what people are thinking and going to say.
All Orientals are keeping their mind reading abilities a secret, they don’t want ANYONE to know they can read minds! They value hiding it more than their own lives!!!
Try thinking, and visually picturing things as wild as you can when you are around Orientals, it works if you try enough!!! Also look for Orientals who give people dirty/particular looks for what appears to be for completely no reason.
PLEASE SPREAD THE MESSAGE!!!!! THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW THIS!!!!!

@Again: You are a despicable person. Go and die yourself!!!

These 4 links show it is obvious that Orientals can read minds!!!!!
http://lunaticoutpost.com/Topic-Asian-mind-reading (this is a very rare case of An Oriental straight out showing they can read minds!)

sweetness @ 03/12/2014 at 2:27 pm

Recovery from major surgery is quite an ordeal..How can she have the strength to do this, finish working on post production of her film, eventually start promoting Maleficent and still handle her humanitarian duties as well as care for her family….She’s a super woman but still the body can only take on so much.

Here comes the psycho Angie groupies and haters.

@Nikka:

She’ll die from drug use first.

roxana fan jp @ 03/12/2014 at 2:34 pm

uhiuiii..habia un nuevo hilo…que tonta… traigo mi ultimo post para aqui…

hola buenas tardes una TODAS Las fans de pitt de jolie …. cheeeeeeee. Nadie me aviso Que salio Una nueva pelicula de película asustadiza ….. jajjajjajajjaja
si tan solo los fotografos le hicieran la ONU Mejor Primer Plano … veriamos Hasta los Dedos del cirujano.jjajajajjaja

illuminati cuckoo @ 03/12/2014 at 2:34 pm

Self Mutilator

what a wacko @ 03/12/2014 at 2:40 pm

cancer sounds like her dream disease

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 735 » Show All