L'Wren Scott Dead - Designer Found Hanging in Apparent Suicide

L'Wren Scott Dead - Designer Found Hanging in Apparent Suicide

L’Wren Scott was found dead, hanging in her apartment, on Monday morning (March 17), according to the New York Daily News.

The 49-year-old fashion designer was found by her assistant at around 10am this morning in New York City, the police said. The police do not suspect foul play, but the Medical Examiner’s Office will determine a cause of death.

L’Wren, who started her career as a model and then a very influential celebrity stylist, has been in a long-term relationship with rocker Mick Jagger since 2001.

We send out our thoughts and condolences to all of L’Wren‘s loved ones during this incredibly difficult time.

lwren scott dead mick jagger girlfriend 01
lwren scott dead mick jagger girlfriend 16
lwren scott dead mick jagger girlfriend 17
lwren scott dead mick jagger girlfriend 18
lwren scott dead mick jagger girlfriend 19
lwren scott dead mick jagger girlfriend 20

Christopher Polk/Getty

I don’t think it’s necessary for the public to know how she committed suicide. The media in the country where I’m from just announces their death, without mentioning the cause (thus we all understand that it’s suicide) and leaves it at that. I think that’s more respectful.

I truly hope she’s found peace.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds @ 03/17/2014 at 12:54 pm

Is it just me, or are there more Suicides lately? What is it that makes people think there is no way out, other than death? Sad and she was so talented. Praying for her family. R.I.P L’Wren.

@Liz: That sounds very respectful. May I ask what country you are from?

Wow sad news

Depression is a powerful thing to cope with. You’d think having enough money to pay your bills and not have to worry about day to day surviving would be enough to be happy. She had that plus so much more and it still wasn’t enough to beat her depression. Now she can RIP.

@Anna: I’m from Norway. Some things are just not important for the public to know.

That’s shocking and sad. I feel so bad for the people left behind when someone decides to end their own life.

Had there been something awry going on between her and Mick Jagger that left her in a shattered state frame of mind ….?

Living in a box @ 03/17/2014 at 1:13 pm

If her death cause of depression,it really sad. Money cannot buy happiness. RIP.

@Liz:
I’m from Sweden! Hello fellow Scandinavian :)
I remember when a young Swedish actress, Johanna Sällström, committed suicide. None of our newspapers ever mentioned in what way she did it and I think that was very respectful and classy. A suicide is tragic enough as it is.

I agree, TMI. We don’t need to know every single detail, it’s too invasive!

sad thing @ 03/17/2014 at 1:19 pm

This is very sad to me. RIP

@Liz: I agree with how your country handles it. Much more respectful to the deceased and his or her loved ones.

I don’t think there are more suicides. I think that social media and mainstream media just pound them at us harder than ever. There is really no such thing as “respect for the dead” online. Makes me sad.

I don’t feel bad for her, it’s her own fault. She had money and could get every help in the world. She’s a weak and disgusting person, no mercy for her. We have people who fight for their lives.

redwine11 @ 03/17/2014 at 1:39 pm

I disagree with the information being withheld from the public. She was a public figure and the news is just that. From someone who suffers from depression also, Im going to say; it’s still a incredibily selfish act to commit suicide. I feel much worse for the people who knew her.

@redwine11: I agree. Why hide the obvious? The point was, she was found and it was reported as an obvious suicide. They sure reported the heck out of actor David Carradine’s death by autonomic asphyxiation. He was found hanging in a hotel closet, dead by his own hand. I don’t see why covering it up helps anything.

Also disagree that it’s a selfish act. I used to think it was but now I think differently. People who commit suicide seem to have lost all hope and they can’t be reasoned with. For them, it’s the only way out. I’m not saying it’s the right thing to do, but they can’t see an end to their despair except in killing themselves. For these people, suicide seems to be all they have left as an option to end their pain. What about someone dying from a very painful type of cancer? Is it selfish of them to want to end their horrible pain? I don’t think so.

Anyway, this is a sad story for her and her family. RIP.

Wow

Mick liked them young and perky

Really sad and awful. May she RIP.

@Lol: Wow how insensitive and judgmental can you get. Depression is an illness. It can hit anyone from politicians, sports stars, actors, designers, soldiers, accountants, bloggers–the rich, the poor and everyone in between. All the money and help sometimes just isn’t enough. You sound very shallow so hopefully no one close to you ever suffers from depression because it is obvious you’d make it worse.

@caryn: haha, how judgemental are you now my friend, how do you know that I would make it worse, lol at you, she has a support system and lots of money that can help, only weak people think its not enough, dont feed that bullshit to yourself and to me saying its an illness.

Sad, sad, sad.

@Lol:

Spoken by a true a-hole.

Personally, I think that it’s enough to report that it is in fact suicide. Any more details than that is too much information, and not an image I want in my head. I don’t want to know how they did it, nor do I want to see paparazzi photos of the grieving family and friends, like we’ve seen with the deaths of Hoffmann and Walker. It’s a private thing, and should be kept away from the public.

Believe it or not, some people are not that depressed at the time they commit suicide. Sometimes they are “tired.” Long-term depression can make people overly sensitive to even minor stresses and problems. They struggle daily just to find joy and feel good. Sometimes they decide they don’t want to continue going through the ups and downs anymore. They add up the pluses and minuses, and looking into the future, they make a decision based on what seems better to them. I’ve heard of people who don’t want to become senior citizens planning early to commit suicide by a certain age. They fear facing any serious illnesses. They’d rather die with their sanity and health. Very important to every single person alive is the beliefs about who you are and what you’re here for. Frankly, I think that if you do not seek God and depend on him to carry you through to the end, you’d better make sure your days are super-busy, so that you won’t have time to think about it. If not, when you’re older you can begin to believe your life had little meaning. Many old people are filled with regret and unhappiness. Add illness to that and it can be unbearable. I don’t think this lovely lady had children, did she? Also, had she been married before? Her relationship with Mick Jagger didn’t seem to be going anywhere. Maybe she needed a higher purpose for living than what she had in fashion, etc. In any case, I pray that she is at peace.

groundcontrol @ 03/17/2014 at 4:04 pm

Causes of death are a matter of public record.

blinditem @ 03/17/2014 at 4:06 pm

Blind items are usually nonsense but this one reported on 13th may have a grain of truth to it.
03/13 **#10**
She is not dead, or at least don’t think she is dead. I think people would say something if she died although she has disappeared from the face of the earth and no one is saying much of anything right now. She is a C list celebrity but is A list in her own little corner of the celebrity world. Her boyfriend is a permanent A lister and has been cheating on her almost everyday for the past month which also adds fuel to the fire. They used to be inseparable. Now they are not only separated but he is having his way with groupies and celebrities and other people taller than him. There are reports she had a breakdown because he was cheating on her. She canceled a huge event she was working on and has retreated into a hospital to get help although some people say she is hiding out at her home with medical professionals. You would think people would be talking by now but just the whispers getting louder. I think when her boyfriend gets back home the whispering will be much louder.
C list celebrity: L’wren Scott
(cancelled London Fashion Week event)
Boyfriend: Mick Jagger (on tour in China)

blinditem @ 03/17/2014 at 4:07 pm

Sorry:13th March

correction @ 03/17/2014 at 4:13 pm

Having read another account of her death, assuming it was true, I have to wonder how they are so sure so quickly this was an obvious suicide. It could be autoerotic asphyxiation gone wrong.

My deepest condolences to Mick and her siblings, this a very sad news. I stumbled with her bio here http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/?p=30084

The Rules @ 03/17/2014 at 4:50 pm

That’s what dating a womanizing lothario will get you after ten years! lol

@LOL
Depression is an illness. A devastating one to the person suffering and often to friends and family. What a horrible person you are to think this is funny. I’m assuming the LOL is your screen name just for this situation.

@Lol: Nobody’s asking for your “mercy,” loser. Your opinion isn’t nearly as important as you think it is…go away.

This is so very sad and shocking. My condolences to her loved ones.

Point Break! @ 03/17/2014 at 6:33 pm

Murder. Why would she kill herself?

Who hangs themselves with a scarf sitting on the floor? Someone killed her.

@blinditem: the CDAN Blind Item has now been officially revealed as L’wren Scott.

@Sad News: It’s sad you care about a blind item – which may not be even true regardless of what that garbage site says – after someone’s suicide. Get a life.

Unlike L’wren Scott, I have a life which hasn’t been cut short by a serial cheater.

In the photos, she and Jagger don’t look emotionally or physically connected at all. I wonder if she was lonely. He seems like a hard shell of a person. I hope he feels something for her now.

I don’t know who she is, but this news broke my heart. every case of suicide does, actually. I am praying for her family, and also for her, where ever she is now. I am not religious (the religion I was born into says people who take their own lives automatically are going to hell but I think that’s ridiculous). if there’s a God, he should be loving and he should help these people who are in so much pain. i seriously hate the world we live in. there is just too much pain and no real way to escape it.

“i seriously hate the world we live in. there is just too much pain and no real way to escape it.”
I don’t agree. There is so much good in the world. Decent people, all over the world, offering a helping hand to those less fortunate. You just need to look for the good. It is alive and well.

The common link among people who kill themselves is the belief that suicide is the only solution to a set of overwhelming feelings. The attraction of suicide is that it will finally end these unbearable feelings. Unfortunately, it is often too late to realize that there are solutions to work out these feelings.

Is anyone else bothered by the reports that several friends were allowed into the apartment before her body was removed and spent “several hours” with her body? Isn’t there a police protocol for this? Very sad indeed. Thoughts and prayers to her family.

Mick Jagger’s longtime lover killed herself in her Manhattan condo on Monday — leaving the legendary rocker “devastated” and racing to New York from the Rolling Stones’ Australia tour.
L’Wren Scott, who recently split from Jagger after 13 years and was millions of dollars in debt because of her crumbling business, used a black satin scarf to hang herself from a balcony door handle, sources said.
Scott, 49, sent a text message around 8:30 a.m. telling her assistant, Brittany Penebre, to “come by” her ninth-floor duplex on Eleventh Avenue and West 24th Street at 10 a.m., the sources said.
Penebre arrived right on time in an elevator that opens directly into the spacious apartment, and found Scott hanging from the L-shaped handle, sources said.
She called 911 and Scott was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 6-foot-3 Scott rigged the makeshift noose so that her body weight would cut off the oxygen to her brain. A law-enforcement source described it as a “painless” way to die.
There was no note, no evidence of drugs and no sign of foul play, sources said.

Her poor assistant was the one who found her and it must have been traumatizing for her and something she may never get over so it’s all the more shocking that she has received a message asking her to come over.
That was a very cruel and evil thing for L’Wren Scott to do to her assistant and any sympathy I had has now gone out the window. What a wicked person.

@Lol:

All the “money and … every help in the world” was clearly not enough to save her.

Show some humanity.

She set her assistant up to find her? Why? I wouldn’t think dating a man like Jagger could end well. Too much power, money and fame to be down to earth and faithful. Very sad. Life is hard.

Actually it’s more common in women than men to go out in a fashion that leaves the face intact and take precautions to preserve their face and beauty in death. Women are more likely to take pills, hang themselves, put their head in the oven etc. Men are more likely to shoot themselves in the head or jump off a building or bridge where there is no chance of sparing your face.

L’wren’s logic may have been to let everyone know as soon as possible rather than dragging out what she had done. She could have seen it in a twisted way as a kindness. If only her assistant or someone had popped in earlier and prevented the whole thing. People in L’wren’s situation have tunnel vision. Call it selfish but they aren’t in a clear mental state to see how their choice to kill themselves always impacts friends and family negatively.
N

Could it get any worse, a name brand designer to stars, but secretly a commercial flop in financial ruin, linked to one of the most eligible bachelors in the world, and yet more lonely, wounded, forced to look the other way, as Mick Jagger cheated and tended to her hands off….. but smile back happy for the cameras, forced to play the unbearable role of perfect, glamorous life.

Of course the biggest question is had things had come to a head in recent weeks between L’Wren and Mick and had the pair just broken up or had a major falling out….? Was that what in the end pushed her past the point of no return….?

Sorry I won’t click your link. You have no clue.

@Lol: You are one disgusting human being

RIP L’Wren I hope your soul finds peace that it deserved

We’ve heard from Biana Jagger on the death, but nothing from Jerry Hall- who is a blonde version of Lwren.

Jerry– where art thou?

@limon: Yes, Scallywag speaks the truth. Jagger has always, always cheated on every woman he has been with.

And both girlfriends Chrissy Shrimpton and Marianne Faithful attempted suicide when they were with him.

Rest in Peace @ 03/18/2014 at 11:21 pm

My heart goes out to friends and family of Ms. Scott. Please keep her in your prayers to find the eternal light. May she be remembered for all the happy moments and for the genuine person she was in her life.

Maria

really now @ 03/19/2014 at 2:23 am

@Drats: Fvck off. There’s always some nobody who thinks they know the intimate details of someone’s life. Sorry you don’t and neither does the user who wants to pimp theiir blog for hits.