Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' is a Film 'We All Need Now More Than Ever'

Angelina Jolie's 'Unbroken' is a Film 'We All Need Now More Than Ever'

Angelina Jolie looks absolutely gorgeous at The State of the Industry: Past, Present and Future and Universal Studios Presentation held at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace during CinemaCon on Tuesday (March 25) in Las Vegas.

The 38-year-old actress discussed her film Unbroken, which she just wrapped directing earlier this year.

“Over the years the project experienced a number of false starts,” Universal Pictures chairman Donna Langley said of the project (via THR).

“I wanted to make this film because in the end its message is one that we all need now more than ever. It’s the journey of man finding his way through the darkness and into the light,” Angelina said when she walked on stage.

FYI: Angelina is wearing Juan Carlos Obando with Ferragamo shoes.

15+ pictures inside of Angelina Jolie at CinemaCon…

angelina jolie vision in white at cinema con 01
angelina jolie vision in white at cinema con 15
angelina jolie vision in white at cinema con 16

Photos: Getty
Posted to: Angelina Jolie

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 933 » Show All

wow…so sorry for paltrow and martin.sad for the kids. here’s the thing…. we know this is coming.

So Putrid and Chris Martin have announced their separation. I guess of all the people who have expected this, the JP fans have been right all along. C’est la vie, as they say in Paree. Another single woman on the prowl.
Too bad Brad Pitt, Ben Affleck and Johnny Depp are already taken.
Maybe she’ll turn to the billionaire boyfriend now or hang out with Chelsea and Jen more than ever. Three single ladies.

@the ring:

When your @ss splits in half, that’s when Brad & Angie announce their split.

That’s what Paltrow gets from hanging out with MANiston. She’s a walking relationship poison. Haha, of course those VF affair rumors are true. She can now hang out with MANiston full time and both of them can pray for Pitt to come back to either of them! Haha.

Passing Through @ 03/25/2014 at 7:23 pm

# 31 Richard @ 03/25/2014 at 3:53 pm
Buried in this Deadline story is a nugget about ScarJo having an action movie coming out this summer. ScarJo is the latest in a long line of Angie wannabes. She had minor role in The Avengers and now she thinks she can headline an entire action flick? Even funnier – it’s Luc Besson, who really, really wanted to work with Angie last year and Angie chose Unbroken instead. So he chose another script he had about a drug mule who swallows some of the packets she’s carrying and ends up with super powers. Enter ScarJo. The name of the movie is “Lucy”…whic is kind of similar to “Salt”, ain’t it? LOL! Plus she’s got a Black Widow movie that’s been announced. I hope this turn to action works out better for her than it did for Kate Hudson but if I was her I wouldn’t hold my breath. Watching her try to front like she’s a badass should be pretty funny though.

Well, Well………so conducting your relationship ‘privately’……how did that work for you? So Miss Smug is divorcing…….oh, my how many cleanses will it take to clear that up………sorry for the kids, it’s always a negative for them…….guess it means we will have another fameho back on US shores……..never ‘felt’ them as a couple…..maybe the Hair can give her a shoulder……but Goop will have to crouch……..Oh, Brad, your dumpees just can’t find happiness……..but what can I say if you are dumb enough to eff up a relationship with Brad Pitt…….you have to be on the ‘deserving’ side. I suspect they were both having affairs….woman leaves me cold so I really could care less who she is with.

Gee, who’s next? Ben and Jen 2 Electric Boogaloo?

Squiggy and Goopy would look good together. Her being so literary and all.

Bwah.

Observer2 @ 03/25/2014 at 7:26 pm

@the ring:

Dream the impossible dream, ring a ding a WRONG. LMAO!

When have you ever been right?

Not a day in your sad little ring a ding life.

In HW, maybe it is better not get married, the relationship would probably last.

I guess Lamey was busy fantasizing about Brangie break up that she missed the real couple who’s faking their relationship the entire time and actually breaks up!

I know Brad would be dragged back to Goop’s split. DM has three pics of Brad and Goop only one pic of Goop and Chris. what the f-ck?

Observer2 @ 03/25/2014 at 7:33 pm

#129 lol @lol:

That’s the real reason Goopy and Ticky became friends. They can lament on letting Brad get away and also NOT being the love of Brad’s life. That goes to Angelina and they both know it. LMAO!

@huh:

Good god, are we going have a decade of Gwynnie gooping around that she should have married Brad and then she wouldn’t have had her ass “conciously uncoupled” by Chris?

That’s rhetorical – it’s Huvane.

This story about Paltrow/Martin separation will now go away in 5 days. Too many people dislike Paltrow and her need to tell everyone else how to live a great life like hers.

Passing Through @ 03/25/2014 at 7:36 pm

# 65 Bea @ 03/25/2014 at 5:05 pm
Jeeze – who does Angie think she is?

She’s out there promoting 2 of 2014′s most anticipated films in two completely different genres that have the potential to earn more than a billion dollars worldwide all while prepping to host world leaders in a summit on behalf of the UN like it’s something special.
++++++++++++++++++++++++
…and we have yet to have even one interviewer ask her about her skin care routine, her hair, exercise routine or diet. I bet she’s already done a few major interviews for June mags for Maleficent and somehow I doubt those subjects came up in those interviews either.

I like and respect her, I really do. So noting that I want to say she looks like she is in pain. I feel bad for her. While people think she is a superhero she is just a woman as fragile as any other and she looks like her medical conditions are really taking their toll. I wish her well.

Passing Through @ 03/25/2014 at 7:42 pm

# 78 ndn @ 03/25/2014 at 5:36 pm

Langley says she is the reason it got made without doubt.

——————————-

I love that part…Jolie IS the reason the film got made….S uck that haters!!!
+++++++++++++++++++++
I can see it now…Oscar season 2015 and Payal is tweeting Scott Feinberg and Dave Poland again claiming Angie had nothing to do with Unbroken getting made. She’ll be Bill Murray in Groundhog Dog. LOL!

Passing Through @ 03/25/2014 at 7:48 pm

# 93 Observer2 @ 03/25/2014 at 6:10 pm
O2 -
I’m sure Squiggy kept that apt because he thought he’d needed so he’d have somewhere to live after he was through with Ticky. He knew he’d never be able to afford anything better on his own. And no, he doesn’t stay there when he’s in NYC. Every time he’s been papped they’ve said he was staying at hotels. He was papped coming\going at a Greenwich Village hotel when PSH died. HBO is probably paying for it anyway.

Angelina is SUPER FANTASTIC, I say KEEP ON KEEPING ON, you will show them what you are working with and no one can ever say you did not try. GOD BLESS YOU AND LOVE YOUR STYLE.

She told Diane Sawyer: ‘My kind of internal stuff really tripped up that whole relationship.

‘And I felt really responsible, and also like I was the architect of my own misery … I just made a big mess out of it.’

However, she doesn’t regret the time they spent together.

She said: ‘I’m so lucky that I spent time with Brad, somebody who was such a good person! Especially when I was, like, such a mess.’

She even admitted she grieved for the relationship for five years afterwards, saying: ‘I was very upset for a long, long time.’

Passing Through @ 03/25/2014 at 7:53 pm

# 102 Caribbean @ 03/25/2014 at 6:26 pm
How is Lamey going to manage now??!!!! Goop is ovah!!!
++++++++++++++++++
LOL. She’ll probably claim she already knew and just couldn’t say anything. Before when they were having problems Putrid proclaimed that divorce was NOT an option. Guess it is now because everybody knows about her affairs – and HE wants out. Everybody should have known something was up when she made him move to LA last year. Wonder who’ll get the Hampton’s house? You know Putrid will probably cut off his left nut to keep her prestige house in the Hamptons. BBBBBWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

@plez: I don’t know if this story will go away in five days, other than feeling sad for the kids, Fishsticks is not going to get the pity that Ticky received.
This is another B itch that is going to be name dropping Brad.
Beyonce probably saw the writing on the wall, and step back from the friendship, a friend talking about your husband more than you.
Jay is still tight with Chris, how will he enjoy his freedom, after living with perfection for so many years, go on tour and continue to bang groupies.
Maybe Fishsticks move to CA, to get a fifty-fifty split in property.

@GOOPY:
Brad was a good man. He has always been a good man. His exes know that. And Brad doesn’t look back.

Passing Through @ 03/25/2014 at 8:03 pm

# 113 G. Paltrow , C. Martin SPLIT @ 03/25/2014 at 6:46 pm
Putrid said they’ve spent the last year working on their marriage but maybe they should have spent the last TEN YEARS working on it because that’s how long they’ve been married. Of course when she said the last year she meant except for the 2 1/2 hours she spends working out 7 days a week – roughly 912.5 hours over the course of the year. I’m just saying… “Gwynnie…we HAVE to talk about our marriage!” “God, Chris! Can’t you see I’m working out! Come back in 2 1/2 hours!” That probably got a little annoying after the first 3 or 4 years after she hooked up with Tracy What’s-her-face. Plus…I’ve seen pix of him at fast food places with the kids. Bet that didn’t go over too well with Ms. “I’d rather do crack than let my kids eat McDonald’s\My kids only eat quinoa, barley and drink purefied angel’s tears.”

Passing Through @ 03/25/2014 at 8:06 pm

# 114 busted @ 03/25/2014 at 6:46 pm
Lamey tweeted this

Elaine L. ‏@LaineyGossip 48m
Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin separation announcement crashes her site Goop

OH what will her insightful analysis be on this.. and I’m sure Chris will be the bad guy in all of this.. Maybe there was something about that Vanity Fair threat that had something to do with this. Too bad for their family. Their children are still young. That sucks.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
I didn’t think Lamey would be too broken up over it. She’ll just immediately start pairing Putrid with other men trying to turn her into a “brand like the Brange”.

Pages: « 13 4 5 [6] 7 8 933 » Show All