David Letterman on Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' Takeover: 'I'm Very Excited for Him!'

Current The Late Show host David Letterman has released a statement about his successor Stephen Colbert.

Stephen has always been a real friend to me. I’m very excited for him, and I’m flattered that CBS chose him. I also happen to know they wanted another guy with glasses,” the 66-year-old television personality said in a statement.

Stephen was just announced as the successor to the Late Night show after David Letterman announced his retirement in 2015.

No date for the takeover has been officially set by CBS – stay tuned!

WILL YOU WATCH the Late Show when Stephen Colbert takes over??

Credit: CBS
Posted to: David Letterman, Stephen Colbert

• Nicolas Cage cares about what people think of him- US Weekly
  • Young Jeezy drank from a $20,000 bottle of Moet- TMZ
  • Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

WOW surprise another lefty twit.

Yes for sure, I enjoy the Late Show. So relieved Chelsea Handler was snubbed. I guess she didn’t give enough bj’s to the right ppl.

No talk show host is going to beat the J.Fallon/S.Meyers lineup. Colbert is too political and belongs on MSNBC, since he repeats their talking points.

Take the $ and Run @ 04/10/2014 at 3:00 pm

Letterman wants out of NYC and the country. The mega wealthy are leaving in droves as they are clued in to what is coming to America in the very near future.

of no importance @ 04/10/2014 at 3:09 pm

Used to love Colbert when he backhandedly skewered the Bush Administration with his wit and sarcasm. Unfortunately he seems to have lost the ability to poke fun at the Obama Administration, who is just as corrupt, if not more, with the same vigor making him a political pundit and a hypocrite and aDouche.

Truthiness!! @ 04/10/2014 at 3:56 pm

HAHAHA NO CHELSEA!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE STEPHEN COLBERT!!! Go Stephen. So very happy for him. Luh him!! : ))) My only fav conservative that doesn’t see race!!LOL LOVE HIM!!!!!!

umm ...Thruthiness!! @ 04/10/2014 at 4:18 pm

Colbert is not a conservative. I see the whole act has gone right over your head. LOL

Truthiness!! @ 04/10/2014 at 4:27 pm

@umm …Thruthiness!!: that’s why he’s my FAVORITE conservative, noting went over me head!! I also said he doesn’t see race which is all conservatives see disguised as something else!! Once again my favorite conservative!!! He’s my CILF!!!

@ Truthiness @ 04/10/2014 at 4:43 pm

So confused. Liberals are the ones consumed with race. When a person is judged not by race but on the content of his character, thus his/her deeds, as Dr. King wanted, liberals scramble for the race card. Done out of some deep seated fear of “the other” (which is racist in itself ) or to take avantage ot the situation as we are now all seeing with Obama and his henchmen.

Colbert is obviously some inspired wink wink masked man who is allowed to talk openly about all those liberal media crackpots who still believe that Obama was born in Hawaii, etc. Hence Comedy Central’s Mr. Wink was just shot by some symbolic Sheriff Joe Arizona figure.

Great choice CBS… Stephen Colbert will rock CBS, late night & some… bravo, bravo, bravo…