Leonardo DiCaprio Lines Up 'The Revenant' as His Next Big Film!

Leonardo DiCaprio Lines Up 'The Revenant' as His Next Big Film!

Leonardo DiCaprio has just landed his next new role in the highly anticipated film The Revenant, Deadline reports.

The 39-year-old actor will star in the Alejandro Gonzalez-directed gritty thriller based on the Michael Punke novel The Revenant: A Novel Of Revenge.

Leonardo will portray Hugh Glass, “a 19th century fur trapper who gets mauled by a grizzly bear, and then is left for dead by cohorts who rob him. When he survives, he is as pissed as a bee-stung bear and sets out on a treacherous journey to exact revenge on those who betrayed him.”

Leo has been circling the role since 2011! Sean Penn has also been rumored for many years, but is reportedly no longer attached.

The film will begin shooting in September for a 2015 release.

Photos: Wenn
Posted to: Leonardo DiCaprio

Getty

1,673 Comments

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 767 » Show All
jimmneycricket @ 04/15/2014 at 2:24 pm

Doesnt sound Oscar bound. I want him to get his Oscar, I really do. Just hope next time he doesnt have Matthew DBC type competition to go up against.

the pics are so dumb. so is toni the SM? haa

@HAHA12: I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breathe!
What do you think of the plot? Reading the plot, the movie Jermiah Johnson, which starred Robert Redford, popped into my head. While it’s not the exact same, it is about a vendetta. Jermiah, a fur trapper, seeks revenge on the Indians that killed his wife and child.

@WHAT? ammm what?

beyond the wall @ 04/15/2014 at 2:25 pm

Through his so-called environmental involvement,he softens his image and evades his taxes.

@HAHA12: I hope we hear more casting news soon, I’m curious about who else will end up in this movie. This sounds like something right about DDL’s alley so hopefully he will re-join. Fassbender seems too busy these days and I don’t want Phoenix only because I don’t want him to take Leo’s thunder lol. We know Leo likes to work with friends so maybe there is a role in there for Winslet? I could see Tom Hardy playing a supporting role.

SM= ****** Model

what exactly is he seaking revenge for??

SM= S!utty Model

@Zzzzzz:
I think this could be great or a misfire, it definitely sounds interesting and I hope Leo proves everyone wrong and excels in this role.

BABEL SUCKED D*CK @ 04/15/2014 at 2:28 pm

@beth: For Leo it will be a one man show wit dis one (as always), he’s slaughtering everyone else who shows up in dis film so maybe he’ll beg Alejandro to cast McBongo

Leaked Script @ 04/15/2014 at 2:29 pm

@ho: Just watch Kill Bill, exact same plot. He’s seekin revenge for “friends” who left him for dead, Leo’s got lots of experience with this in real life.

You chose a rare pic where he doesn’t look like utter sh!!!t
Nice job:-) :-) :-)
(Albeit a tough one)

@beth:
I read Joaquin, Bale, and Fassy, DDL, were all in talks to star in this project in the past. I can’t see DDL in this since he works every 5 years or so and like you said both Fassy and Bale seem too busy these days. I could maybe imagine someone like Javier Bardem? No idea tbh, I’ve never read the book but I do hope there is a significant female role in this.

wonder what he will have to look like for this movie….beard? long hair? muscular?

@HAHA12: I’m on the fence! Personally, I was hoping Devil would shoot first, but I guess that will happen next year (hopefully!) Where do you think they will film it?

WORKING.LEO.IS.THE.BEST @ 04/15/2014 at 2:31 pm

EXCELLENT

frenchies @ 04/15/2014 at 2:32 pm

@kk: like a frying pan

@HAHA12:
Ooh, or maybe Leo’s good friend Edward Norton?

@kk: muscular? ahaaaahAHAHAHAHAHAH

@Zzzzzz:
Hey, I’m just happy he’s working. This is said to be shooting later this Fall according to the article.

Toni will be in the film

@HAHA12: Hmmm yeah I have no idea either hopefully someone who has read the book will post here or on IMDB so we can get a clear idea about the characters. Anyways see you later I’ll post again when I get more info!!!

@beth:
Same here, bye!

@HAHA12: I going to see if I can find the book. I haven’t heard anything about it.
I’m off to work. Have a great day! Talk to you later!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 767 » Show All