Gerard Butler Signs On For 'Den of Thieves' After 'Prison Break' Exit!

Gerard Butler Signs On For 'Den of Thieves' After 'Prison Break' Exit!

Gerard Butler is set to star in the upcoming thriller Den of Thieves, according to Variety!

The 44-year-old Scottish actor will be directed by Christian Gudegast, who co-wrote the script with Paul Scheuring.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Den of Thieves centers on a “legendary bank heist crew who decides to rob the Federal Reserve in Los Angeles right under the nose of a rogue sheriff’s deputy.”

In case you didn’t know, Gerard recently exited the remake for Point Break, as a result of creative differences and a scheduling conflict.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Gerard Butler’s new film Den of Thieves?

Christopher Polk/Getty

1,067 Comments

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 743 » Show All

Prison Break?

WOW.

New thread…. :) Hot in that suit.

It’s Point Break, crack head.

Say It ain't so @ 05/14/2014 at 2:28 am

What a busy Man!! Good Boy!

Sounds like a good film, he’s keeping himself busy.

Sounds like crap!

Niiiiiice @ 05/14/2014 at 3:49 am

Nice he is keeping busy and someone plz tell him to quit smoking and why no new photo and why is dave55 so sour puzzy and why is Pamela so excited about a new thread and why do we still go here and why am I talking to myself!

Niiiiiice @ 05/14/2014 at 4:12 am

@CRAZY ALERT: yeeeeeeeeeeess me too crazy crazy crazy

As long as he keeps making them, I’ll go see them. Love him!!!!!!!!!!

Asians can hear, and see what you’re visually thinking.
THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A MEME! This is the absolute complete truth!!!!
Asians hide their mind reading abilities by a lot of them having completely expressionless faces so they don’t accidentally show facial expressions when people think things they don’t like, find funny, astonishing, etc, Asians segregate so their not nearly as susceptible to that happening.
Asians also segregate, and are untalkative to avoid accidentally saying things that are similar to what people are thinking and going to say.
All Asians are keeping their mind reading abilities a secret, they don’t want ANYONE to know they can read minds! They value hiding it more than their own lives!!!
Try thinking, and visually picturing things as wild as you can when you are around Asians, it works if you try enough!!! Also look for Asians who give people dirty/particular looks for what appears to be for completely no reason.
PLEASE SPREAD THE MESSAGE!!!!! THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW THIS!!!!!

Good post. I study something more challenging on completely different blogs everyday. It is going to all the time be stimulating to learn content material from different writers and practice somewhat one thing from their store. I kkckbbdfccgd

Great good news see wake up to! Well done!
Kind of figured something better would replace the do-over remake. Who wants to be in a redo when they can have nothing to be compared to that was made before? Especially a cult classic?
Brilliant! This sounds both intelligent and intriguing. Nothing more fascinating than a Robin Hood type (my guess only) heist taking place right under the noses of those trained to prevent it, or notice it, or who could be too close to see… or involved? Key word: rogue. Excellent! A thrilling who done it? Great movie title too.
Great photo of Gerry! I love that hint of a smile. And those eyes the color of sea waves… 🌊🌊🌊

Safari princess @ 05/14/2014 at 7:12 am

It’s POINT Break, JJ, not Prison Break. And wasn’t this movie already done with Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson & Jeremy Irons and wasn’t it called Die Hard with a Vengeance??? And that’s probably not the only one with that exact storyline. Is Hollyweird running out of imagination?

Hollywood is running out of good scriptwriters.
Like they say there are only 7 themes for movies. I’d re-post them but did that at IMDb before I deleted that account. Gerry is sticking to what works best, enhances his abilities, and focuses on what he does well… kind of a RockNRolla vibe going on if you ask me. I’m all for it…

What do I think? I love it! Gerry could fit the part of the rogue deputy or leader of the bank robbers with equal ease. I was kind of *meh* over the Point Break remake (would have supported it just for Gerry’s sake) but THIS is the sort of film where he can be at his wise-cracking, ass-kicking, name-taking best. ;-D

Hollywoody @ 05/14/2014 at 9:06 am

Nah I wanted to see Butler outwit Ray Winstone in glorious locations and be very Zen. Unoriginal either way whether it is loosely based remakes or supposedly “original” scripts. The great original ideas are going into cable TV series these days.

@Paisley Greene:
Exactly, a thinking person’s movie rather than a popcorn action flick we see too many of. Why MARVEL has the game plan sewed up using A-List stars so why bother with something that was done well years ago? I isn’t impossible not to improve on it, The Mechanic was done well and did, but still… when one hears the words “The Mechanic” they think of Charles Bronson and Jan-Michael Vincent not Jason Statham. and Ben Foster.
I’m excited for him. He’s a full plate and plenty to prepare for that’s diverse and well thought out. Good news this.
Someone complained that Gods of Egypt isn’t pre-promoting with Twitter or Facebook. I suspect it’ll get its website and all that nearer completion. I, although in the minority, aren’t fond of set shots of actors in character but many do.
Cannes is in full swing. Looks like some good films coming out in 2014.
This also reminds me of that Spike Lee film Inside Man.

From the article… (and great photo selection by the way*)
“Relativity is backing this one and has brought the project to Cannes to sell international rights.”
Wow!
*Guess we can say Butler is back. The reason I say this isn’t so much the obvious, that he is, but that when photos are carefully selected and not just randomly selected or selected because some journalist(s) are carrying grudges or are jealous because when they look at him they feel less successful or are in revenge mode and so forth, you know the person is on-board with the project and its actors. And, trust me, it may have taken a while but it is coming ’round again. Can’t you feel it?
In the meantime Gerry is carefully creating a cloud of unknowing. He’s also cultivating his mystery. He’s forcing a willed forgetfulness too. Brilliant! His career, and I’ve said this before, something he did. And he did it his way. He will always put his career above all (I think).

@Hollywoody:
“Nah I wanted to see Butler outwit Ray Winstone in glorious locations and be very Zen.”
Agreed that would be way cool but maybe right now not where he is? The Zen part that is. I mean word did arrive he’s back to Yoga but think that’s for flexibility (physical) for his upcoming roles? At the same time Yoga is very self-oriented. Gerry could be re-entering a very self-aware period where he is checking out his inner game as well as his outer one? If so, fantastic. No one wants to live in a private jail… even if we put ourselves there.

Just wondered @ 05/14/2014 at 9:36 am

Do you think Madalina will have a part in this movie?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 743 » Show All