Evan Rachel Wood & Jamie Bell Split After Nearly 2 Years of Marriage

Evan Rachel Wood & Jamie Bell Split After Nearly 2 Years of Marriage

Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell have decided to separate after being married for almost two years, her rep confirms to JustJared.com.

Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell have decided to separate,” a rep said in a statement. “They both love and respect one another and will of course remain committed to co-parenting their son. This is a mutual decision and the two remain close friends.”

The 26-year-old actor and 28-year-old actress met back in 2004 on the set of Green Day‘s music video for “Wake Me Up When September Ends.”

Jamie and Evan have a son together whose name was never revealed.

Us Weekly was the first to break the news.

Kim Kardashian/Instagram

Oh for heavens sake!

Wow. They seemed so in love. Sad to see them split.

Didn’t think this would happen so soon (or at all, how naive I am), but apparently before he deleted his twitter he alluded to the end of their relationship. It got people talking, for sure.

I did not see that coming

That’s so sad…of all couples I thought they’d last.

NOOOOOO!! My favourite couple! They were supposed to be together happy forever!

Evan rachel wood @ 05/28/2014 at 3:31 pm

I’d rather F#uck a women.

MUAHAHAAHHAHA I never liked Jamie with ERW.

Jamie Bell @ 05/28/2014 at 3:32 pm

I’d rather F#uck a man. or anything else!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds @ 05/28/2014 at 3:35 pm

Does anyone care about Marriage, Family, or traditions anymore?

Did not see that coming

They are both ugly. Who cares.

She must be calling Marlyn Manson now AHHAHHAHA

This is just wrong. I mean who leaves a mother of your 10 months old child? And who leaves a marriage after one and a half year? What’s wrong with people?

Jamie, call Genesis Rodriguez!!! U guys are the best couple ever!

@James:

A lot of people do that. And who said he was the one that left her?

Not surprised at all.

Jamie is better off.

Shouldn’t have gotten married or had a child at all. Sometime its best to stay single. Even low key couple break up no one is spared. He was in the jumper movie. Shouldn’t have a child unless you are really ready. People just in get pregnant for no reason or marry too. Had a baby too quickly.

@Uh: Probably. He can give her the attention she needs so badly.

She has a bad track record when it comes to relationships and even hooked up with a married guy at one point. So, no, not surprised.

Hopefully they’ll be civil for the kid’s sake.

Perfect Couple @ 05/28/2014 at 3:50 pm

If you went by their twitter accounts, you’d think they were all lovey dovey. Social media can be very deceptive.

Howw??? didn’t see this one coming… they always show their love on twittter theyyy we’re cutee

Adoring Fan @ 05/28/2014 at 3:51 pm

@Evan rachel wood: Maybe she’ll hook up with Ellen Page? They’d be a cute couple.

sweetness @ 05/28/2014 at 3:52 pm

Noooooooooooooooooo!..but why???

Didn’t she cheat on him with Manson the first time they dated? I think they were just too young and she is rather immature.

Evan is kind of ******. She dated Jamie from 2004 to 2006. She broke up with Jamie to be in a miserable relationship with Marilyn Manson… at first, while he was still married with Dita Von Teese.

That tom boy must be alone forever. I just hope Jamie to move on. He is so sweet and smart, check he’s interviews on youtube!!! ;)

Big deal.... @ 05/28/2014 at 4:00 pm

They look alike. I bet Clooney will last as long with his look alike.

There should be someone who bans marriages between celebrities. It’s a shame for their baby and (that goes to all these Hollywood breakups) a shame for the institution of marriage. Just a shame. Stop getting married and having children if you can’t keep a family. All part of this new liberal way of life. “Let’s get married, have a kid and if we don’t like each other let’s just call it quits whenever”. This just shows how shallow and thoughtless these so-called celebrities can be. And I’m not refering to Jamie and Evan in particular, because maybe they belonged in that 2% of Hollywood couples that may actually had decent problems in their marriage. But out of all the divorces we hear about in Hollywood, how many do you think resulted from actual, decent, real-life relationship/marriage problems? Like I said above: I give it about 2%.

@James: What are you living in the 50s? It’s better they split up now and not in ten years time leaving them both miserable with a now 10/11 year old caught in the crossfire.

@Liz: Exactly the vows taken are supposed to be sacred, but are just meaningless for these celebs

I’m really sad to hear about this one. :(

Well they got married because she got knocked up, right? So why is it a surprise?

@ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds:

You are correct nowadays people give a ratz about that cause they say we live in modern times and those things are like not important anymore, otehr things are more important for those who do not care about that anymore.

First Nikki Reed splits with her hubby, now this! The girls of “Thirteen” are not having a good year :(

She’s gay is why. Maybe she can be with Ellen Page, they’d be cute.

Im genuinely upset about this, I thought it was kinda cool, how they used to date and then broke and got back together and got married and had a baby, it all seemed so real and romantic ….guess not so much….sucks for the child though.

After NEARLY two years? It’s pretty pathetic when JJ has to add the words “NEARLY” to extend a marriage. Is NEARLY two years supposed to be a long time in marriages? I hardly think so. But, to me, it’s typical. People get married because they are “so in love.” But is what people feel always marriage material love? Or that heavy handed romance love feeling of just feeling or wanting to feel like you just “get the other person and the other person just gets you” when, in fact, that is not true, but instead what you are feeling is the euphoria of having a great time and great sex? Seriously, I have seen lots of marriages at the end and people going through divorces over the years. And if there is one thing that I take from everything I have heard and seen, is that (in my opinion) there are human patterns. And, to me, the patterns are pretty common and span across relationships of all types. One of the patterns that I think is prevalent is that people get sexually involved way too quickly which can sometimes create false intimacy. That can sometimes create a bond that deters objective analysis of compatibility. It also can create a sense of ownership and urgency which causes people to ignore red flags that really should be deal breakers. I remember standing in line in the clerk’s office watching people get married. It took like only a few minutes; as opposed to the sometimes years to finalize a divorce. I personally believe that sex is not something people should just do after dinner and a movie. And, I personally think that people should do some serious compatibility analysis before allowing themselves to fall in love or fall into bed. So, people say, you can’t help who you fall in love with. But, from where I sit, and listening to people throughout the years, and the patterns I believe I have seen, I think that people often talk themselves into love after physical intimacy. And, I think that people would be less inclined to do that if they weren’t physically intimate so early on. And, if people are compatible then intimacy can grow when it is time to physically connect. That’s just me. Just my opinion.

I hope it is not because of my gf Ellen Page

@Liza:

Maybe they were having an affair. ;)

I saw it coming.

ERW . What a ***** . She is breaking Jaime Bells heart . And breaking up her lovely little family . All so she can go off and have sex with other people . Ladies or fella’s it doesn’t matter . She should have thought about that before getting married and having a child . What a confused individual .

I think it’s impossible for actors to understand how hard it is to be married when they are always working out of town and are away from each other most of the time. You people shouldn’t judge. No one should judge each other.

They were married about 1 1/2 years. It’s lame that the media is trying to extend it to 2 years.
I figured they’d divorce but this was still pretty quick.

Weddednono @ 05/28/2014 at 9:17 pm

when are people going to learn marriage is really only necessary for those living in very strict countries or gold diggers.
what other logical reason is there for this primitive ceremony

@#42
who do you think you are/ going around throwing ALL the accusations at ERW?
what makes you think he is not somehow to blame as well?
or do you just hate other women.

#29
you sound very arrogant .
i know of more than a few non celebs who have been together 9+years then gotten pregnant-married and within 3 months separated then divorced .
believe me it’s no more common for famous people to go though short marriages than for the public.

your “im a member of the public so am therefor superior” act doesn’t really cut it.
idk maybe your jealous of the money or the attention maybe your just a bored housewife and so therefor hates celebrity’s.
however nothing you say makes you more important than anyone else.

Not surprised. She always seemed to have one foot in the door and out the other.

Stillwaiting... @ 05/28/2014 at 9:49 pm

For the day Aaron Taylor-Wood files for divorce, that would be a hoot. Let’s see how long until he snaps out of Sam’s feminist hold.

Sad news :( I loved them together!

Amy Lee Christian @ 05/28/2014 at 9:58 pm

It must be be tough for this filthy Woman to find any more Men after she disgraced herself with Marilyn Manson.

they made a mistake @ 05/28/2014 at 10:15 pm

Marriage is a gamble, a risk, there is no guarantee that you won’t be misera le or depressed or lonely once you’re married. They probably got married thinking they like each other a lot (not necessarily in love with each other), they get along great and that it won’t get any better than this so why wait &if it’s true that there is only one life to live & it’s short then why would you want to waste time in a relationship that’s not working. Also it’s possible that they wanted to be parents more than they wanted to be married

@ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds: They do care but things don’t always work out the way that you want them to & no one wants to be stuck in a miserable relationship. Just because you married someone does not mean that you have to be chained to that person for life

@Weddednono: I actually kind of agree with you, I am from one of those strict countries, there is really no way out of getting married especially if you want to have children and you’re okay with being treated like a leper

did not see this coming.

just sayin' @ 05/29/2014 at 1:43 am

@people do: err that is the whole point of marriage.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds @ 05/29/2014 at 3:40 am

@just sayin’: I agree that is the point. You weren’t miserable when you said ” I Do”. You had a fight or got bored or something. People end things over nothing. Which means you gave up. You didn’t want to work it out not even for the kid. Marriage is till death do us part, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. People today do give up to easy. that’s why the divorce rate was so high. If YOUR miserable in your marriage maybe it YOU and you didn’t mean what you said when you took your vows.

NOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYY
I was just checking on ERW’s twitter yesterday. Really like them together ;(

Perhaps she conspired with Nikki who knows

JON M'SHULLA @ 05/29/2014 at 2:27 pm

I’d dump him too. Just for being in that annoying Fantastic Four reboot.

...and nine months later!!! @ 05/29/2014 at 11:53 pm

@Fbomb: They were married on October 30… she had the baby nine months later on July 29th. They didn’t get married because she was pregnant. Get your facts straight before you make accusations!!

This is a double standard: a woman dates a married man and SHE is the @-hole. They are both wrong, but the woman wasn’t the one who made a commitment to another person. Call the guy to the carpet at least!!

It’s obvious ain’t it,he’s GAY! Before I get booed,I was at the same school as him! Camp as a row of tents

She got married to feel grown up. Now she’s bored and ready to move on for something more exciting.

@…and nine months later!!!: You can’t stop people from making up cr@p even when the facts are staring them in the face! It says more about them than the person they are trying to slander!

@Vezy: Agreed!! Why do women throw more shade at another woman when they are having a relationship with a married man. It’s the guy who said the vows!! Cheating is wrong, but at least be fair about the blame.

@oh no: No surprise that this attention-seeking ho couldn’t make it past 19 months of marriage.

It was surprised that Jamie wanted to take back Marilyn creepy Manson leftover and such dumb move to have kid with her too.
Poor kid having identity crisis immature ho as mother, hope that kid won’t grow up as freak show junkie like his mother.