Model Andreja Pejic Comes Out as Transgender Woman

Model Andreja Pejic Comes Out as Transgender Woman

Andreja Pejic, the model formerly known as Andrej Pejic, has come out as a transgender woman after undergoing gender reassignment surgery and will only model women’s fashion moving forward.

“To all trans youth out there, I would like to say respect yourself and be proud of who you are,” the 22-year-old model told GLAAD. “All human beings deserve equal treatment no matter their gender identity or sexuality. To be perceived as what you say you are is a basic human right.”

On Facebook, Andreja added: “I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for the love and support throughout the years. You’ve all helped me through this journey and I have learned a lot and really come into my own and the response to today’s announcement truly overwhelmed me and reminds me of why I chose to do this publicly. I think we all evolve as we get older and that’s normal but I like to think that my recent transition hasn’t made me into a different individual. Same person, no difference at all just a different sex I hope you can all understand that. I would also like to to reach out to all young gender non-conforming youth out there: I know it’s hard, I’ve been there, but remember it’s your right to be accepted as what you identify with—you deserve the same respect as any other human being on this planet. As a transgender woman I hope to show that after transition (a life-saving process) one can be happy and successful in their new chapter without having to alienate their past. Most importantly differences should not equal divisions, let’s all stand together in union. #betruebeyou.”

10+ pictures inside of Andreja Pejic over the past couple years…

model andreja pejic comes out as transgender woman 01

• Watch James David Carter get a four chair turn on The Voice- Gossip Cop
  • Read a recap of the latest episode of Masters of Sex- Lainey Gossip
  • Director George Sluizer has died at the age of 82- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Claudia Galanti shows off major cleavage in Milan- Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
good on her @ 07/24/2014 at 10:46 pm

well she does do great modeling women’s fashion so she will become even more in demand after she strictly only works for women’s fashion. she may actually look even better if she grows out breasts or does implants cause i always found it weird seeing her look so feminine in the face when she would pose shirtless but having no breasts at all. i can only see things being better for her career-wise since she has a very feminine face for originally being a man so good for her for being honest.

@good on her: He* not “she”. Surgery to transform yourself into a “woman” does not make you one. It’s in the DNA and you cannot change your DNA no matter how hard you try.
I wonder which acceptance movement will come next…

What a disgrace

fallingdown @ 07/24/2014 at 10:58 pm

@ugh:

lol necrophilia, zoophiles, beastiality, pedophilia, incest.

Good for you, Andreja. I’m glad you are in peace with who you really are.

P.S.: so much ignorant people out here.

wow people are harsh… good for her! it’s a basic human right to be proud of who you are and be who you want to be. glad to see another positive trans role model in the media :) their stories deserve to be heard! BTW it doesn’t matter if you agree with her decision or not, if it doesn’t affect you personally then keep your negative thoughts to yourselves :) @ugh @fallingdown

@Nat: Will you use the same argument for incest? Or beastiality? Or pedophiles even? If everyone is consenting, legal age or human or not doesn’t matter, because everyone is being proud of who they are and should be whatever they want to be. Why not let people f*ck dead bodies? Thats who they are, so let them! Geez, Americans and their pseudo-liberlism UGH!

good on her @ 07/24/2014 at 11:51 pm

@ugh: stfu if he identifies as a she, then she is a SHE. I’m well aware of that she was born with an XY chromosome, no need to remind us tolerant and accepting people unlike yourselves. You’re the same jacka$$es that think it’s ok to bully someone that finally feels comfortable in their skin. You must have been a bully back in your school days, I would never be friends with somebody as hateful as yourself and I’m a hetero female that lives in a community that accepts and embraces the lgbtq community with open arms. Andreja is more than welcome to come to miami beach :)

@fallingdown: I can see incest coming next and then necro with the same type of ‘approvement’ you make if you opt/or opt out of/to donate your organs after you die.
After that? God knows but I hope I’m not here to witness it.

Congratulations Andreja!
I must disagree with comments comparing those who hurt others with Andreja who did a change on her own body. She owns her body and should do with it whatever she pleases! You are beautiful Andreja!

@ugh: can you f*** off you ignorant little b!tch, nobody cares about your hateful opinion. So you’re cool with regular gays but not transgenders or are u just homophobic all around? You reek of a$$hole regardless

freechoice @ 07/25/2014 at 12:25 am

It is everyone right to be what they want to be as long as they aren’t hurting another . he looked as woman and good for him / her :)

@Jess: you dimwit, this has nothing to do with having sex with animals, your damn sister or some dead body, learn to differentiate.

thenendisnear @ 07/25/2014 at 12:55 am

If I painted a car like an apple, would it be an apple?

@ugh: You are so ignorant and arrogant!A complicated c*nt like you would have a miserable life because the world is changing against what you believe in.

I love her. She is a good model.

@Nat:
I’m not agree with his try to agitate this! He looks very feminine. He can do surgery and feel happy and in peace with himself. But what about others? They don’t look feminine, they beautiful their own way. But they look very manly. What about them?? How many times one of them would do surgery with a negative result and try to end his life with suicide, because people can’t accept it. People can’t understand why someone want to make himself a freak. Why don’t we try to agitate the love? To love and accept yourself the way you are. You were born this way. No need to do transition. Just need to pray for some brain!

@margot:

Oh Margot, what insight. “pray for some brain”. Excellent advice!
When my niece was born with spina bifida this is what we all did as a family…prayed for some brain. We’re still waiting but I’m sure it’s going to be fine!

@thenendisnear:

“If I painted a car like an apple, would it be an apple?”

Have you written a book? If so, please tell me the title so I can buy it.
Your endeavor into the ethical realm must be deep and wide to spawn such profundity.

@assman:

needs ‘I’m a’ and a comma after ‘ass’ and you’re good to go!

@BethM:
Are you REALLY comparing a life threatening spina bifida with plastic surgery for sex change?

You people preach about tolerance, but how tolerant are you towards people who aren’t comfortable with transsexuals? Not everyone has to accept them and you can’t force others to feel okay with transsexuals, especially when you try doing it with name calling and in general this superior attitude. There are always going to be people who think different than you, the world is never going to be perfect with everyone loving transsexuals. It will never be that way. You are not more progressed, don’t lie to yourselves.
And why are you so okay with people mutilating their bodies?
There are so many more important things in this world to focus our energies on and quite frankly I find the whole things quite superficial. If you feel like you’re a woman trapped in a man’s body than what do you have to prove? you’re a woman but why are you completely changing your appearance. Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?
Also, if you think you are such a nice compassionate person, then wouldn’t you prefer these women trapped in male bodies use the money they save for things more important in the world than something so superficial?
Our bodies are only temporary and to me the whole idea of transsexuals is so superficial, they end up spending their whole lives, so much time and money trying to perfect, imitate the female form (I’m talking about M to F transsexuals). Why do they need so bad to show themselves as females when they already feel like that inside. What is there to prove? Have they ever thought that perhaps there is a reason they were born in a male body, a whole reason that has nothing to do with having to change it.
Maybe all of you who think you’re so advanced in your thinking but are pretty much repeating everything you’ve been fed can think about something different. All of you think you’re so cool and accepting but you’re just followers.

mimiencore @ 07/25/2014 at 7:13 am

is it me or what…although transgenders go into surgery i can always tell they are men..there is something about their facial feature, hands that is somewhat manly

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All