Kate Bosworth Talks Nurturing Her Step-Daughter in 'InStyle UK'

Kate Bosworth Talks Nurturing Her Step-Daughter in 'InStyle UK'

Kate Bosworth kills it on the cover of InStyle UK‘s September 2014 issue.

Here is what the 31-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On her relationship with 16-year-old step-daughter Jasper: “After ordering pizza for the third time when she first started coming over, I knew I had to learn how to cook because I wanted to nurture her. These maternal instincts kicked in.”

On starting a family with husband Michael Polish: “I know that it’s going to be tough, but Michael and I will find humor in it. We’re already convinced that our kids will do things that are hilarious.”

For more from Kate, visit InStyle.co.uk!

kate bosworth instyle uk september 2014 01
kate bosworth instyle uk september 2014 02
kate bosworth instyle uk september 2014 03

Christopher Polk/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

this woman? Nurturing another human with food? ahahahhahah.

@lar: Right? She needs to nurture herself. She’s way too incredibly thin and not in a healthy way.

I can’t imagine her malnourished body supporting a baby for 9 months. They will probably have to use a surrogate.

When that time arrive, this is a child/children who will be bewildered as to why they only eat once a week and why there’s only ever salad, salad, salad and laxatives in the house.

@ #1 – 4: You need to be more clever in trying to present your posts as four different people.
She’s a gorgeous woman not to mention bright, talented, and successful.

Looselipz @ 08/07/2014 at 4:14 am

I can only comment on the fact that she’s seems so unintelligent to me. I’ve never heard her say anything worth repeating. She’s just a pretty face with little else remarkable to notice. I’ll agree that she’s been maintaining this unhealthy looking weight, so it will be interesting to see if she can conceive let alone deal with pregnancy weight gain.

@Looselipz: ” I’ve never heard her say anything worth repeating.”

What about:

“Great Danes are just, like, so great, aren’t they? They’re just, like, big dogs! I know! Yeah, yeah, Great Danes are great. Oh, my God, they just so are.”

or

“”There was just a study done actually, I saw it on Regis and Kelly, I can’t remember how many hours a year a person uses being in their car in L.A., but it’s, like, a lot of time.”

and

“It’s amazing. Because if you, like, have everybody taking ten minutes a day and really focusing on, like, positivity and a better world and a better self, like, imagine all that, just all that positivity going out there?”

last, but not least:

“It’s so weird how life works out. I never would have imagined all of this. Like, never. When I was a little kid, I wanted to be a waitress on roller skates.”

She should NEVER have skipped college!!!

Skarsgard had a lucky escape.

Sacrificial Lamb @ 08/07/2014 at 9:16 am

she not much of a chitty-chatty person but still ,Why is it that lately ALL she does in magazine interviews is talk about michael and her private life?
why cant she speak about other wider things ,what point is she trying to send out there and to whom? im pretty sure someone told her to only speak of her personal life , which is sad.

and how does she expect to be taken seriously when she says such things as “I knew I had to learn how to cook because I wanted to nurture her.”
well hey, why not learn to cook to nurture YOURSELF .
she clearly hasn’t been looking after her own health since 2 years ago.

@Raynor #7
you really have been paying desperate attention to her worst interviews to have come up with those crappy quotes .
i dont think she’s as dumb as those quotes make her out to be , i have seen/read her in other interviews and actually she came across pretty smart …and possibly a little controversial ,her own management have really edited her (american) interviews where she has said anything which the public/celebs may not not like to hear.
but some of those where pre-2006 and NOT silly girly/fashion magazines which leave little in the way for anything other than shallow girl talk.

L A I N E Y . @ 08/07/2014 at 9:26 am

LAINEY IS THAT YOU AGAIN!!!!
OF COURSE IT’S YOU ALWAYS TROLLING KB ,
AFTER MORE THAN TEN YEARS NOW AND STILL SO OBSESSED WITH KB
SAD THIS IS PROBABLY YOUR MILLIONTH POST .

Jokes On You @ 08/07/2014 at 10:04 am

@Rayner: Shut up Ladybug, all your ‘research’ does is prove how sad and pathetic you are!
This is the type of woman your beloved Skarsgard dates, so what does that say about him?

Yeah, she eats pizza? NOT!

No, that I do believe is true.
In her hast Lucky interview “…scrapped her comfort food diet in the run up to her wedding. Kate Bosworth has revealed that turning 30 and getting married in the same year gave her impetus to scrap her ‘comfort food diet’ once and for all. The actress, known for her slim physique, told Lucky Magazine that throughout her twenties she ‘lived on’ pizza and pasta but ‘now it’s about sustaining energy.”

@Rayner: According to: http://gawker.com/028432/the-tao-of-kate-bosworth-gq-interview (where you obviously cut-and-pasted this info), all your quotes are from a January 2005 GQ Interview. You can’t judge someone’s intelligence from one bad interview. She was probably high at the time anyway.

:15 Minutes @ 08/07/2014 at 5:01 pm

Kate’s dumb@ss quote: “I know that it’s going to be tough, but Michael and I will find humor in it.” made the Chatter page in People magazine (August 18, 2014). Congrats Kate!!

Bosworth on TOP! @ 08/07/2014 at 5:19 pm

Like I said before, Kate looks fierce on this cover and the inside pictures are lovely, unique and fun. She’s a true beauty.
…and I agree with Harris (except for the speculation on her state of sobriety): You can’t judge someone’s intelligence from one bad interview.

@Rayner: Her reviews for “Homefront” were excellent!

Sacrifice? @ 08/07/2014 at 5:43 pm

@Sacrificial Lamb:
“she clearly hasn’t been looking after her own health since 2 years ago.

2 years? More like 8.

“it just seems she has sacrificed herself to michael and HIS life and left herself to dwindle away.”

This is incorrect, he’s sacrificed HIS life to HERS, she occasionally does work without him. He doesn’t do anything that doesn’t involve her since they got together 3 years ago.

After looking at the GQ Interview that Harris mentioned (found here: http://www.gq.com/women/photos/200501/kate-bosworth-orlando-bloom-actress-slideshow#slide=1), I don’t think anyone can disagree that she lost her youthful beauty years ago!!!! She’s a dried up old prune at 31! What a waste!

@Sterling: Did her youthful face slip away during or after her relationship with Bloom? (I don’t remember them as a couple at all)

In less than a year @ 08/08/2014 at 6:15 am

@Lando: By 2006 she was in really bad shape, so it was less than a year after that GQ article.

@Lando: Bloom doesn’t look much better these days. I wonder that if they had stayed together maybe Kate wouldn’t have to hawk cr@p for the highest bidder and he wouldn’t be throwing punches at silly Canadian punks.

@Sacrifice? #19 @ 08/08/2014 at 9:53 am

@Sacrifice?
“2 years? More like 8″
No ,you clearly only see what you want to see ,she was at her most stunning from late 2007-2010 (circa skarsgard) maybe it’s some warped fantasy of yours to imagine a pretty lady to unattractive maybe it makes you feel better about your own body but she was really athletic gorgeous and strong for some of those years.
“This is incorrect, he’s sacrificed HIS life to HERS”, ….”
how do you know this? because it doesn’t look that way to me at all , she’s the one who has changed so dramatically (physically) she never smiles anymore ,and it sometimes looks like she needs to be ‘held up’ her body really has become emaciated since he came along.
she talks of offering HIS daughter nurturing yet clearly not herself.
she is adjusting to someone else’s world and by all means has seemed to forget about hers.

i wonder who her ‘adviser’ is , because if she does have one she should either fire them or realize that this person/s is not her friend.
only talking of your husband and his daughter is not a good interview

…idk maybe her interviews are edited almost entirely or maybe she doesn’t have a wider scope of discussion or the interviewer only interest is her personal life (which has always been the sad case)
i mean doesn’t she always say she a bookworm, if so she needs to get out of the fantasy fulfillment books offer because they are not doing her any any good except bide her time.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All