Joan Rivers Dead - Legendary Comedienne Passes Away at 81

Joan Rivers Dead - Legendary Comedienne Passes Away at 81

Legendary comedian Joan Rivers has passed away at the age of 81 after going into cardiac arrest during a vocal cord surgery, according to Variety.

The comic genius and E! Fashion Police co-host was suddenly rushed to the hospital last week after when she stopped breathing during a procedure on her throat.

Joan was placed on life support in the hospital in New York City, and from there, her daughter Melissa updated fans periodically. The latest update came just yesterday when Melissa said she was moved out of intensive care and into a private room.

Our thoughts go out to Joan‘s family and friends during this difficult time.

Christopher Polk/Getty

Very sad. I heard they were going to take her off life support today. I will miss Fashion Police and her humor. All the touchy, overly sensitive haters need to get a life. RIP

Oh my Gosh… RIP :( there’s not fashion police without you!!!

So sad! I am going to miss her and her funny jokes that made my life a little easier. Rest in Peace.

This is so sad, but expected. She was legend.

thanks for the laughs @ 09/04/2014 at 3:08 pm

Loved her ,.and loved that candy asz wimps hated her comedic dose of reality.

Sebastian @ 09/04/2014 at 3:09 pm

PUTA MADRE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! JOAN FOREVER.

R.I.P. Joan Rivers. I didn’t always agree with her humour, but she was a funny lady!

This one truly hurts, was a fan for years. Always remember her jokes and Oscar night commentary and a Fashion Police. R.I.P Joan.

You will be missed. Rest in peace, Joan.

enjoyed her comedy
she will be missed

awww. :-( R.I.P. Joan. such a great businesslady, i loved her QVC stuff

Horrible news, I can’t believe she didn’t make it! What an amazing woman she was.

gonnamissher @ 09/04/2014 at 3:12 pm

I wonder why..she supported Israel in a very viral video just a while ago,
and when she walked in for a simple surgery stuff started to happen..
tons of doctors are arabs so..just saying
it’s not unfounded

truly the funniest girl out there
she was lovely
no one is going to be like her
miss her already.

Sad news

RIP joan , you will be missed

Good riddance!

groundcontrol @ 09/04/2014 at 3:15 pm

Here’s to a woman who opened many doors for other women in the business. Congratulations on a life lived fearlessly and to the full.
Sorry to see her leave us – the good and the bad.

Rest In Peace Joan. You were an incredibly funny lady and you will be missed. Thanks for the laughs.

she will be missed,

Legend. Very funny lady. R.I.P Joan

One hour before I imagine her in a talk show saying she’s very strong and nothing will stop her. So sad.

Noooo so sad, R.I.P Joan

@Maya:

while i won’t go so far as to say ‘good riddance’, i’m not going to sit there and pretend that she was nice. she wasn’t and was on a tear in her last few months with her nastiness. of course she had a family that loved her, and that’s always sad. but you can bet that if it were someone else laying there on their death bed, she would’ve had a bunch of classless, vicious things to say.

Oh well... @ 09/04/2014 at 3:24 pm

Joan couldn’t escape the wrath of God. Not that long ago she was making a mockery of the women and children that were being massacred in Palestine. Today, she is amongst the dead. #BeCarefulWhatYouSay

Joan was an extraordinary performer and person. She brought laughs to so many lives and will never be forgotten. Thoughts to her family at this shocking and difficult time.

RIP Joan. Glad to see MOST of the comments thus far are not hateful. Regardless of negative words she said she was a human and had a family and tons of friends who loved her. I will definitely miss her. She was a legend.

TiredofthisCrap @ 09/04/2014 at 3:28 pm

Joan’s procedure should have been performed in a hospital because of her age. The anesthesia is hard on the elderly physically and she probably needed someone more skilled putting her under. No conspiracy, just an unfortunate situation.

Tragic loss of a trail blazer. Love that she said what everyone else thinks but is afraid to say! No one like her, a true legend!

@Oh well…: STFU, no one cares about Palestine….

she battled a tough one when she got on life support. god bless her, people can say all they want that she wasn’t the nicest but comedians aren’t going to say nice things, they make fun of imperfections, they bring light and humor into the darkness of things and joan was really good at that and always made me laugh on fashion police, her quips were genius and nobody can deny that. even joan made fun of rihanna and ruffled her feathers but at least rihanna wished her well during this difficult time. i bet j-law is happy though, now she can be happy with the constant a$$kissing that giuliana and kelly will give to her critiques, yawn.

siennagold @ 09/04/2014 at 3:33 pm

RIP Joan. I enjoyed watching Fashion Police because of you. Thanks for all the laughs.

@Oh well…: Oh please! Enough of the children of palestine! If you care so much about them, you should go there to help them instead of spreading hate in a celebrity website. Sure, she died because of something she said, not because she was old or because she had surgery at 81 years old! In case you don’t know WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE SOONER OR LATER! I am tired of islamists extremists in this website. Go back home all of you!

It’s so sad. I was just watching some of the last episodes of Fashion Police with friends and family. I kept hoping that she would recover to make everyone laugh some more.

@J: @Maya: Don’t reply to nastiness with nastiness, it’s not good for your own health and souls. Be a better person than you think others are. This is devastating for her family. She may have said horrible things, but a lot of people say horrible things…that doesn’t mean they should die. I never liked Joan’s mean comments, but I still feel sincerely terrible for her family.

Joneblaze @ 09/04/2014 at 3:40 pm

Always sharp,current and stinging with her wit RIP

Rest in peace Joan. You will be missed.

Oh bother @ 09/04/2014 at 3:42 pm

@Oh well…: She was 81, getting a procedure with anesthesia in a clinic when she should have been in a hospital. This isn’t some conspiracy in regards to her words, she was old and didn’t respond to the anesthesia because of her age and body. I mean come on, can you really be that dense?

@J: You’re an idiot, and we don’t care if you “pretend” anything. Haters like you are too dumb to understand her humor, so go away. Your big opinion isn’t important. She did more for charity than YOU will do in your lifetime.

WELL i hope you are enjoying you ‘re HIGH IQ spot in HELL

OMG. I’m shocked. I thought them moving her to a private room meant she was better, but I guess it was because they wanted her to pass peacefully not on a machine. She truly was an icon, love her or hate her, we have lost yet another icon. This really sucks. Fashion Police won’t ever be the same.

@gonnamissher: i would be carefuld to what I eat if I were you, lots of food stores aee run by arabs. Just sayin’… It’s not unfounded.

@Keller: And I gather you got your statics by conducting a survey with the entire world. “Nobody” cares about Palestine? That moronic statement instantly makes you lose all credibility. Dumb a s s.

@Oh well…: Be careful of what YOU say, you nasty loser.

offtheproperty @ 09/04/2014 at 3:45 pm

@Oh well…: You’re a typical muslim idiot. Even if you were born and raised a Christian and you’re just infected with the sickness of post-modern self-loathing, you’re effectively a muslim, making such a foolish, vindictive statement like that. You’re a pathetic loser. Cover yourself and sit in your hovel.

Sudden cardiac arrest @ 09/04/2014 at 3:45 pm

What you should be saying is that Joan Rivers went into sudden cardiac arrest a. Week ago today… How Melissa decided to take her off life support … Today! And she passed away!
We do not need to read about the clinic 15 hundred times! We already in know!

You are a moron @ 09/04/2014 at 3:46 pm

@salmaYeah, YOUR IQ is so high, huh? With your lack of spelling, capitalization and punctuation, go back to school. Idiot

I used to like her – but I recently took some Mexican Americans to her show in Beverly Hills and she stated that she thought Mexican people were extremely ugly. No one laughed and we all wondered what would happen if someone pointed the same out about Jews like Bette Midler and Woody Allen and Melissa. During the same show she stated she liked to falsely accuse nonJews of being anti-Semitic if they angered her. I really stopped enjoying her after that. Joan would have laughed if someone she didn’t like died. So……

@Maya

Joan Rivers was respected and admired by the people she worked with. She had millions of fans who loved her. And you?????

@Oh well…

Today, she is amongst the dead. #BeCarefulWhatYouSay
==================
So it can safely assumed that YOU WILL be joining Joan very soon. How do we send our condolences to your family?

@offtheproperty:

Uhm – yeah. I am Christian and really thought Joan became something ugly. She made racist remarks and admitted she ruined nonJewish people by falsely claiming they were anti-semitic. Or in the case of Kristen Stewart – that she gave BJ’s to get a career. Joan had little to no empathy in the end – except for her family and people close to her circle and her etnicity. Thus her comedy ceased to be funny about 10 years ago. She was tough — but she became bitter and vengeful. But may she RIP. I also didnt see what was funny about her saying Palestinian women and kids were subhuman and killing them was ok because people of their same race were sending makeshift rockets towards Israel. In the End – I think of her as a Jewish version of Mel Gibson.

Honestly... @ 09/04/2014 at 3:54 pm

I didn’t think she was ever really that funny & was rather quite mean to people. She hurt a lot of people. Still, her passing is sad. RIP

claire m. @ 09/04/2014 at 3:55 pm

OMG – so so sad. She really was a trailblazer. see her documentary – wow, amazing and inspiring – so hardworking and deserving of her success. RIP – you will be missed greatly

@offtheproperty: Also – offproperty – you are part of the problem. Imagine if someone made issue of your Judaism they way you attack this person who may or may not be a Muslim? Are you suggesting Jews deserve better treatment than everyone else because they were persecuted in the past? That theory doesnt hold water with Koreans, Gypseys and Armenians – so I dont think you should be making racist statements and generalizations about Muslims upset with Joan’s anti-Muslim statements. She sadly became a Jewish Mel Gibson – much like yourself.

@offtheproperty: ‘Typical Muslim idiot’? Really? That isn’t a very nice thing to say. I am Muslim, and even though I didn’t agree with Joan’s views and comments on the war, I still hope she rests in peace and I hope her family is coping during this difficult time.
Muslims receive so much hate on this site. Islam is a religion that promotes peace and tolerance; and does not promote violence and hate.

@Suck it:

b1tch, SHUT UP. i have an opinion and i stated it. go play in traffic.

@jim: Jim, I am loving your posts. Keep’em comin’. It’s good to know there are still UNBIASED people out there with common sense and decency to see that everyone deserves respect. Not just one religion/majority. NOBODY is without sin. So don’t pretend to be.

RIP Joan Rivers-remarkable woman, you always will be remembered for your humour and unfettered feistiness by standing up when it counted

RIP Joan, my favourite female comedian

@Oh well…:
And be careful what you say. She is one of the Chosen People. She will side with Israel because she is a Jew. You, on the other hand is nothing. No Christian will ever condemn other people because they are of a different religion. You don’t have a dog in their fight so butt out!
RIP, Joan. You are one of a kind and you tell it like it is. Your barbs have been mostly, not all, mind you…on target. Only rats will celebrate your passing. Now, nobody will give them a dose of reality that they deserve.

offtheproperty @ 09/04/2014 at 4:29 pm

@jim: Jews have respect for each other AS INDIVIDUALS.
That’s why they have more money, more friends and more success than anyone else. Muslims have nothing but animosity, envy and vindictiveness. They can’t produce anyone even close to the bright light of a Joan Rivers because they live in constant fear — of each other.

There IS a God!

Hope she stares into the eyes of every single Palestinian she dehumanized that died so horrifically for the entire world to see.

I’m only sorry she never actually met even ONE in her whole life.

@trt: Omg, you sound completely cuckoo for coco-puffs. Talk about batsh!t crazy. Jews are the “chosen people” for what? Talking our money and hiking interest rates? Making themselves wealthy and causing wars? Or chosen to make Unites States their little b*tches?

****taking our money

@Uhm: Name a war they have caused.

Fashion Police will never be the same without her… RIP Joan :(

I never met a ***** I hated and Joan Rivers was not a ***** just out spoken and she didn’t pull any punches and she didn’t have to…Joan Rivers is and was a household name in my moms house and when Joan Rivers was oon we got slapped if my mom missed aanything.
Joan Rivers you were taken too soon. I will miss you as I miss my mom too. You were a grand delight and when it is my time to meet up can we talk?
hahaha
Loved ya for a very long time no pain no more pain.
Rejoice in h e a v e n

RIP Joan. You will be missed.

I stopped watching E red carpet when she was replaced..I was so happy to see her back on the fashion police.

She is one of a kind..my heart goes out to Missy and Cooper….

She definitely lived a full laugh and she CAN rise up to the challenge of making both God and the Devil laugh!

What a woman!!!

how did this become about Jews and Arabs???

Jim, 100% agree with you! Good posts

Joan Rivers @ 09/04/2014 at 5:19 pm

I’ll miss her and her straight up comedy!! Loved her xo

@miapocca: I am really worried about the hateful religious posts. I never saw anything like that before in this website. The have finally arrived with all their hate to create chaos in this country, like they have done everywhere they go.

Good riddance. Don’t rest in peace. Walk the red carpet as a ghost with no one seeing or hearing you for eternity.

Why would anyone be sad about her. Jeez like if she was funny making dumb jokes about other people.

Who cares? @ 09/04/2014 at 5:59 pm

One less horrible person in the world.

Christine @ 09/04/2014 at 6:12 pm

This is heartbreakingly sad. What a woman! may she rest in peace. Much love and strength to her daughter and grandson and all who loved her.

Rip what????? Go in the HELL !!!!! After what she said about babies from Palestine and 11/09 she deserves to die.

Nasty person @ 09/04/2014 at 6:20 pm

Put another log on the fire Lucifer, Joan’s on her way.

YAAAYY at last the witch is dead! :D

@Nasty person:

Yes, at last ************!

@J: Scram. Your comments aren’t welcome here at this sad, sad, time.

Que pena…tão engraçada a Joan!

There are 2 Lenas today. So I’m #2. I loved her skit where she would say “can we talk?” And then yell at hecklers “oh grow up.”. And in that last confrontational interview with that weird newscaster she nailed it when she said those people in Hollywood make millions of dollars and they need to not take themselves so seriously. She was cutting them down to size. Good for her. And, I loved her in Shrek II. One of my all time favorite movies. She left some great material for us….81 is a decent showing….

She think she's all that @ 09/04/2014 at 8:08 pm

@Uhm:
….. “Trt” is a Phillipinos Sl@t, she is married to an old Jewish man so she can be USA cuckoo – bat Sh!t crazy b*tches.

@Who cares?: May you roast in hell.

@jim: Sorry not buying your story for one minute. Please provide us with the date, time and venue of the show. I will be calling up the owner of this so called place where you say Rivers said this.. Tick, tock. I am waiting for your reply.

@jim: Gee, that’s weird: then how do you explain the MILLIONS she raised for AIDS and the fact that she spent her downtime visiting shut ins with AIDS at their homes and delivering meals, even on Thanksgiving? Do your homework next time, pal, before spewing such nonsense.

And while we’re at it: How much have YOU raised for AIDS?

My deepest sympathy to the Rivers Family. May you rest in peace Joan.

Deutschland @ 09/04/2014 at 8:36 pm

Good riddance.

Deutschland @ 09/04/2014 at 8:40 pm

@drats….

Hitler was an Animal Advocate… So should we praise him?

Just cuz Joan did this AIDS stuff doesn’t make up for the Zionist she truly was.

Wow, this is really sad news. I thought when they said Joan was in her own room and off the life support that meant she would pull through. I feel bad to hear this news. For being in her 80′s Joan seemed really young and hip at heart. She really kept up with pop culture too. I loved when she was on TV Guide channel doing the red carpet reviews with Melissa and she was even funny on QVC too when selling her products, which were really good by the way. Joan really was a pioneer for female stand up comics. She was right up there with the greats of her day and wedged her way into into a business that was a real boys only club at the time, even filling in for Johnny Carson to host the Tonight Show back in the day. I will always remember her quick wit and take no prisoners attitude when it came to telling the truth about celebs. Rest in peace Joan, although I wish you were still with us. You were one of the greats and things will not be the same without you. Condolences to Melissa, your extended family and your many friends and fans.

@Levi

There IS a God!
==========

Well no Levi there isn’t. If there were you would not be among us.

So sad! My heart goes out to her family. At least she didn’t suffer but it wasn’t very bright for anyone to perform a surgery on an 81 year old that wasn’t for a life threatening condition… And why the heck wasn’t it done in a hospital? That makes me angry.

Deutschland

Considering what your nation is responsible for I don’t think you should be throwing stones at Joan Rivers. Her “Zionist” comment had NOTHING on the crimes committed in the name of your homeland.

You reap what you sow.

Thanks for the laughs Joan
Rest In Peace

Lving in a box @ 09/05/2014 at 8:31 am

Well, Satan now she is your problems!

Deutschland @ 09/05/2014 at 8:51 am

My country would have given her a dignified death.
Nazis are so terrible, right? But Zionists must be the new black.

The entertainment industry lost a legend and a iconic comedian. Hopefully all her immediate family members can cope and endure the loss.

CLG seraph @ 09/05/2014 at 1:33 pm

First Lady of comedy. May flights of angels speed her to her rest.
BTW i just saw a photos in forums which i think is her when shed id i’am not 100% sur but it looks like her : http://adf.ly/rlzZM

Deutschland

Nazi are so terrible, right?
+++++++++++++
Let’s look at what your “heroes” are responsible for shall we:

First we have; Auschwitz–Birkenau 1,100,000 deaths, Bełżec – 600, 00 deaths, Chelmo – 320,000 deaths, Majdanek 80,000 deaths, Sobibór 250,000, Treblinka 800,00 deaths. Then there are all the others who died adding up to 12,000,000.

Second we have; the liquidation of the Warsaw Ghetto, Babi Yar 33,371 deaths, Rumbula 25,000 deaths, Ponary Poland 100,000 deaths, Soviet prisoners of war 3.3 million deaths, the sieges at Stalingrad (Volgograd) and Leningrad (St Petersburg), the countless millions of deaths in Russia.

Third we have: the invasions of Poland, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Greece, Russia, the Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia etc.

Anything you’d like to say in defense of your friends?

Deutschland @ 09/05/2014 at 7:45 pm

Yes, Emerald. All degenerates, Zionists, and all justified.

Deutschland @ 09/05/2014 at 7:55 pm

I’d go on listing all the Israeli war crimes and atrocities, but I guess you would consider that justified. They are allowed to launch their own holocaust…. Apparently.

On a brighter note, at least you know how to wiki…. It’s the comprehension that’s a problem. Or you agree with the apartheid state of Israel that true Jews emphatically state should not exist.

Before you go on trying to give history lessons, at least dignify yourself with unbiased and complete knowledge.

The world is a much better place with one less Zionist alive.

Current ye@r *