Ray Rice Video Was Sent to NFL in April, AP Source Confirms
A law enforcement official played a 12-second voice mail for the AP which was sent on April 9 from an NFL office phone number. In the message, a female employee of the NFL confirms the video was received and says, “You’re right. It’s terrible.”
The NFL has repeatedly said that the organization never received the video after trying to obtain it earlier this year.
“We assumed that there was a video. We asked for video. But we were never granted that opportunity,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said.
Ray was initially suspended for two games following the incident in February, but after the video surfaced this week, he was cut from the Baltimore Ravens roster and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.