Angelina Jolie Had to Fight Quite Hard For 'Unbroken' Job

Angelina Jolie Had to Fight Quite Hard For 'Unbroken' Job

Angelina Jolie rocks a form-fitting dress while attending a photo call for her latest movie Unbroken held at Sydney Opera House on Tuesday (November 18) in Sydney, Australia.

The day before, the 39-year-old actress was stunning while hitting the film’s premiere with her husband Brad Pitt at State Theater in the country.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Angelina Jolie

“I had to fight quite hard for this job,” Angelina shared to People about directing the film at the premiere.

In case you didn’t know, Unbroken hits theaters in the country on January 15, 2015!

FYI: Angelina is wearing Versace.

10+ pictures inside of Angelina Jolie at the Unbroken photo call in Australia…

Just Jared on Facebook

Getty
  • Justin Bieber ditches his shirt at the gym - TMZ
  • Elton John is NOT retiring - Gossip Cop
  • Yara Shahidi started a fun new project - Just Jared Jr
  • Selena Gomez wears pajamas and heels while shopping- Radar
  • Milo Ventimiglia opens up about working with Will Smith - Lainey Gossip
  • Moana hits big at the box offices for the second weekend - The Hollywood Reporter
  • lurker

lovely mrs pitt

• bap

Love the dress on her ladyship!

• lurker

she is glowing

• Just Saying

Is the movie not going to be able to be nominated for the award season 2015?

• fyi

Angie said in one interview with Australian media about post-marriage life, she said it was great, they thought it would be no different, but they felt nicely different and their kids were very happy.

• Dawne

Hail: The Real Star. Sit down famehos………..

• Dawne

Yes, Oscars for sure……..likely GG’s as well.

• Dawne

love, love the dress……….what a happy woman……..she is sooo smart, creative, classy, professional, works so hard and loves so deeply she deserves every blessing that comes her way.

• Dawne

What a dame!!

• ndn

Angie looks great…love the dress and the shoes…so simple yet elegant…

• bap

Yes the best thing about Dame is she knows how to love.

• ndn

I second that…The original… the only Angelina…

• ElisaCo

Sooo prêtty! What a great dress, she looks beautiful!

• http://instagram.com/i.love.brad.and.angie Ako si Gladys

Pretty dress and pretty Dame

• ndn

So looking ahead….next stop Angie will be in NY this Friday Nov 21 with Tom Brokaw keynote address….then to England premiere Nov 25….

• Bizzy Bee

Dawne I agree with every adjective you listed! Allow me to add my own: strong. Her strength of character is inspiring.

I’m sure the premiere was a huge success.

And as usual Papa Pitt is one sexy dude.

• http://instagram.com/i.love.brad.and.angie Ako si Gladys

Love her hair and its color

• busted

She looks lovely.. simply elegant and effortless.
    I really like this dress. Just shows something classic is always beautiful.

• sunny

I don’t think NY visit is only for that event
    May be Q&A session with NBR or NYFCC memmers

• Tony

Wow! She looks so fresh and gorgeous. Adore her hair like that.

• CLINIQUA

VA VA VA VOOOOM! HOT DAYUUUUUM! What a knockout! Just goes to show half the time AJ ain’t even try in and she still slays all the ishes.

Hahahaha.

Oh by the way reposting from the last thread:
    a minute ago

Hey is anyone watching The Voice…..Gwen Stefani had someone style her makeup and eyes to look like Angelina. It’s kinda creepy. Last week people were saying she had had an eyetuck or some kind of surgery about the eyes and forehead because nothing was moving…now this week that’s kinda gone away…and she’s winged her eyes and made them bigger her red lips is gone it’s a neutral lip and her hair is no longer in the 40s do…but straight and slicked back like AJ has worn many times..check her out…it’s like a blonde angelina….it’s weird…Angie has soooo many stalkers. Dayum.

• ndn

Let’s hope so….

• Media Wh@re MANiston

Love the dress. I like her in that style of dress.

• kellyf

Goodness, she looks LOVELY in these photos.

• fyi

Angelina Jolie on why even she has to convince a film studio to hire her

Angelina Jolie tells Vogue on the red carpet.

It’s
    hard to believe but yes, even Angelina Jolie has to pitch – and pitch
    hard – for a job in Hollywood. In her own words, Jolie was “not a proven
    director” and no number of acting accolades (or an Oscar) was enough to
    win her the job of directing the film ‘Unbroken’ outright. Jolie
    persisted and that persistence eventually led to the movie’s world
    premiere in Sydney last night.

“I had to fight for this job. Fight for it hard,” a radiant Gucci-clad Jolie told Vogue
    on the red carpet. “I pitched and pitched and pitched and did meeting
    after meeting after meeting because I had to explain how I was going to
    pull off this story that people for 50 years have been trying to figure
    out how to do. I had to explain why, and how to do it for the budget and
    I had to convince them that I knew how to do a plane crash!”

‘Unbroken’ is based on the book by Laura Hillenbrand, which tells the
    true story of Louis Zamperini, an American Olympic athlete and WWII
    solider who was captured in a Japanese prisoner of war camp. The titular
    role is played by Jack O’Connell with Domhnall Gleeson, Garrett
    Hedlund, Miyavi, Finn Wittrock and Jai Courtney also starring.
    O’Connell, Miyavi and producer Matthew Baer walked the red carpet
    alongside director and producer Jolie. The film was shot exclusively in
    Australia (remember when the Jolie-Pitt clan called Sydney home?), hence
    why the cast and Pitt (bonus!) returned for the world premiere.

When pressed on how she felt approaching such an immense and
    sensitive project, Jolie responded with both humility and
    self-awareness. “I was terrified. Terrified. But at the same time I had
    to convince the studio that I could do the job so I had to go in there
    with confidence,” she said.

And even with all her successes (this film definitely being one of
    them – we are predicting a slew of award nominations), Jolie still
    thinks her family is her greatest achievement. “My kids are my close
    friends. My family is strong and healthy. That’s my job; my job is to
    make sure I raise my children right and that I take care of them first.
    And to teach them about the world around us,” Jolie said smiling. She
    certainly doesn’t need to convince anyone she’s the right woman for that
    job.

• bermy girl

Marriage suits her – she looks fresh, happy and gorgeous!

• fyi
  • kellyf

I was thinking the same exact thing. She looks happy and settled. (settled in a good, contented way). I’ve also always loved gray on her, not sure why, but I just think she looks great in it.

Alisa Padilla ‏@Alisa_Padilla29 now1 minute ago

God Brad Pitt is so damn hot. Like unbelievable. Like imagine him and sex. Like you and brad Pitt having sex. It’s great it has to be.

• Dawne

Her Ladyship …………we bow to your guts and perseverance and you never get testy or petty and your motives are pure of heart. Talk about always striving for excellence………Angie is happy with her movie so I don’t GAFF what the pundits have to say out of their bought and biased mouths.

• Dawne

I think any woman above ground agrees with you.

• Joann

Angelina Jolie Pitt looks Just Gorgeous in this Dress!

• ndn

Courtney Jacobson ‏@CourtKoJac now29 seconds ago

It’s a Brad Pitt kind of night #nightofbrad #twelvemonkeys #troy

• busted

Yeah they both have this different something.. Especially him. I love all the mentions of HER Husband or HIS wife..

we fans have waited a long time for this.. Finally true.

• mkv

Richard Lawson ‏@rilaws 3h3 hours ago
    Well, I’ve never seen a standing ovation at a press screening before. #Selma

Richard Lawson ‏@rilaws 2h2 hours ago
    Selma is very well done, with a great lead performance. Tears and shivers abound

kateyrich ‏@kateyrich 2h2 hours ago
    Yup, Selma has It. And by It I mean the best lead actor and by FAR the best cinematography I’ve seen all year.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 2h2 hours ago
    Yeah, SELMA is the best movie I’ve seen this year. (And, yes, I cried a little.)

Joey Magidson @JoeyMagidson 2h2 hours ago
    David Oyelowo gives a towering performance as Martin Luther King and Ava DuVernay is on her way to the A list, along with DP Bradford Young.This might be our Best Picture winner folks.

Clayton Davis ‏@AwardsCircuit 3h3 hours ago
    Ava DuVernay, you’re going to need a pretty dress. Selma is overwhelmingly brilliant. David Oyelowo, you earned that Oscar. @SELMAFilm

Clayton Davis ‏@AwardsCircuit 3h3 hours ago
    Standing ovation the minute the credits rolled. Tears, cheers, and a praise that will shoot this to Oscar frontrunner status. #Selma

Edward Turkeyhands ‏@EDouglasWW 3h3 hours ago

Selma is this year’s Lincoln and Davie Oyelowo just launched himself into the Best Actor race like an atomic bomb.

Kate Erbland @katerbland 3h3 hours ago
    SELMA is a masterpiece.

• Anon2

I pray that Brad and Angelina grow old together with happy, healthy children and one day, grandchildren…..this couple deserves much happiness and success after all the BS thrown at them. (We know who holds the BS) ….A/B.. Real people, good people. Inspirational people. Proud to be a Jolie-Pitt fan!

• Susan

Thank you for posting about a Plan B movie, or were trying to get a point across, hee, hee.

• mkv

That Brad and Plan B really know what they’re doing in terms of producing movies?

• Wonderbust

Seriously, Plan Brad keeps producing hit after hit. Weren’t these the same trolls that were talking shiit about Plan B last year with TYAS and WWZ.

• fyi

How Brad Pitt and Aussie slang influenced Angelina Jolie’s new epic ‘Unbroken’

She told the rapturous Australian press about how her superstar
    husband Brad Pitt influenced the film from afar. Jolie was on set in
    Australia while Pitt filmed his own war epic Fury abroad.

“We wrote letters back and forth, 1940s style,” she said.

While her husband, Oscar-winner Pitt, has a couple of successful WWII films under his belt (Inglourious Basterds and more recently Fury), Jolie said they didn’t really discuss the technical aspects of the making a war film.

“He was busy shooting Fury when I was busy doing this and it was interesting that we were in different theatres of the same war at the same time.

“But (while) this is a war film, that’s not all it is. It’s an epic about the human spirit.”

Pitt’s influence, Jolie said, had more to do with who he was as a human being than a film star.“It wasn’t about the technical aspects of shooting a war film but more what I know of him as a man and what I have learnt from living with this great man.“Seeing the choices he makes, with our family, our children … the way he treats me, with the values he holds, and learning from my sons.

“These are things I think I brought to the film. What I felt I understood about men, and what I love about men.”

• http://instagram.com/i.love.brad.and.angie Ako si Gladys

*sigh* angie is so sweet

• Passing Through

Great dress! Angie looks like she’s going to be bringing it for the Unbroken promotion and campaign. No plaid mini-dress pinafores and black tights for our girl. She’s a grown woman…not a middle-aged tween.

• trt

Whoever made that dress for should do more. It fits and the color suits her. Now, if only she’d wear more colors. They don’t have to be bold, just striking so her beauty will stand out more. Love Angie.

PS: I can’t believe how many hoops I’d had to jump thru to get back here. My account disappeared and I couldn’t get back in for the life of me. Trolls can come and go but not me. What a biatch!

• Passing Through

That actually annoys me that someone would ask her about that just because she’s a woman. I don’t remember anyone asking Spielberg what his relationship with his wife brought to Saving Private Ryan. Nor was David Ayer asked about his wife in relation to Fury for that matter. At least Ayer had been in the military. Where’d Quentin Tarantino learn about war and the military since he wasn’t in the military himself? He read books – just like Angie did.

• Passing Through

Tita -

That’s happened to me at other sites with Disqus. That’s. why I’m signed on to Jared’s with a Gmail account instead of my Disqus.account.

• trt

That’s what I did, PT. I tried emailing Jared but of course, no reply. Then I tried at disqus and it kept telling me that old email was not mine and my name was already taken. Can you believe that? I kept trying until I’ve had to create a Gmail account. Sheez.

• trt

Ticky must have thought she was Jlaw and that she was in high school..Loved her coat but it was too young for her. She looked like Madeline, the French schoolgirl. All it needed was a hat with ribbons.

• aimee

Word!

• kellyf

Please, this is so silly. I liked that look, I thought it was a fun holiday-esque look. But aren’t we here to talk about Angelina? You know what else makes Angelina and classy, grown woman? Not trying to tear other women down.