Thanksgiving 2015's Best Entertainment Options: Movies & TV!
There are so many great ways to spend your Thanksgiving holiday this year catching up on the best in entertainment, so let’s fill you in on all the options you have!
Of course, the biggest movie out right now in theaters is last weekend’s box office champ, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2. If you’re interested in something that is just being released this week, here are your choices:
- Creed, starring Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone, is getting rave reviews and follows the former boxing champion Rocky Balboa, who now is serving as the trainer and mentor to his former rival Apollo Creed’s son.
- The Good Dinosaur is the latest movie from Disney/Pixar and follows an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend.
- Victor Frankenstein is a new retelling of the classic horror story told from Igor’s perspective and it stars Daniel Radcliffe as Igor and James McAvoy as the title character.
- If you’re lucky enough to be in one of the select cities getting The Danish Girl in limited release this weekend, you can see the film that is getting Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander a ton of Oscar buzz.
Click inside to check out all of your Thanksgiving Day television options…
The day of course kicks off with the big parade in New York City and you have two options for watching the program, both with different celeb performers!
- The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade airs on NBC from 9am to 12pm and will feature tons of performers, including Mariah Carey, Jordin Sparks, Andy Grammer, and more. Check out the full list of performers, as well as the list of balloons and floats you can expect. If you miss it in the morning, catch the rerun from 2pm to 5pm!
- CBS will also have a broadcast of the Thanksgiving Day Parade, which will feature performances from the Broadway shows Jersey Boys and Beautiful: The Carole King Musical.
There are plenty of other daytime television options as well!
- The National Dog Show will be airing on NBC from 12pm to 2pm. It will be hosted by John O’Hurley and feature canines vying to be the Best in Show at the Kennel Club of Philadelphia’s annual event.
- The big football game airing during the daytime will be between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Detroit Lions. Catch it on Fox starting at 12:30pm and make sure to watch Sabrina Carpenter singing the National Anthem!
- Another game airing during the day is the Dallas Cowboys and Carolina Panthers match, which kicks off at 4:30pm on CBS. Luke Bryan is set to perform at halftime!
- Go to TVGuide.com right now for a list of all the awesome marathons to check out.
There are great primetime options this year as well.
- The All-Star Dog Rescue Celebration is set to feature a bunch of stars introducing rescue dogs up for adoption and raising awareness for dog-related issues. Kaley Cuoco is hosting and Olivia Munn, Hilary Swank, and more will appear. The show starts at 8pm on Fox.
- Broadway at the White House will be hosted by Kristin Chenoweth and Matthew Morrison and feature performances from many of the best shows on the Great White Way. Catch that on TLC at 8pm.
- CBS will be airing new episodes for most of its Thursday night lineup, including Life in Pieces, Mom, 2 Broke Girls, and Elementary.
- The big football game airing at night is between the Chicago Bears and Green Bay Packers. Catch it on NBC starting at 8:30pm. Country music duo LoCash is set to perform the National Anthem.