Prince Died From Fentanyl Overdose, Medical Examiner Confirms
The Midwest Medical Examiner confirmed the tragic news, and tweeted a copy of Prince‘s death investigation report, which states that he passed away from accidental fentanyl overdose, which was “self-administered.”
The sheriff’s office will continue their investigation.
Fentanyl is an opioid, which is a class of drugs that includes painkillers. The drug is a synthetic opiate, and it is considered stronger than drugs like Percocet and morphine.
Our continued thoughts are with Prince‘s loved ones.