Top Stories

Debate Officially Canceled After Trump Refuses To Do It Virtually

Debate Officially Canceled After Trump Refuses To Do It Virtually

The second Presidential debate has officially been canceled.

The news comes after current President Donald Trump refused to do the event as a virtual one.

He told Fox Business earlier this week that he was “not going to waste my time on a virtual debate.”

Planned for October 15, the debate was going to be moderated by C-SPAN’s Steve Scully and would have featured an audience of voters who would pose questions to the candidates.

After Trump‘s refusal and additional plans for Joe Biden‘s ABC Town Hall event later that night, the commission opted to formally cancel the event.

The main concern, they say, was over exposure to coronavirus, which Trump tested positive for after the first debate on September 29.

He had been admitted to the hospital just days after the event, and left only a few days later. Social media erupted over the President’s carelessness for the virus.

If you didn’t see, Twitter is not allowing either Trump or Biden to do this on Election Day…

Just Jared on Facebook
Photos: Getty
Posted to: Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Politics

JJ Links Around The Web

Getty Images
  • Mike Tyson is making his EDM debut - listen to his self-titled song now! - TMZ
  • This Riverdale actress talks leaving the show - Just Jared Jr
  • Scheana Shay says her friendship with Stassi Schroeder is over - TooFab
  • See who Shawn Mendes was spotted hanging out with in L.A. - Just Jared Jr