Top Stories

Anton Yelchin Breaking News, Photos, and Videos

Chris Pine, John Cho & More Support Late Co-Star Anton Yelchin's Photography Exhibit

Chris Pine and John Cho pose for a photograph at the Anton Yelchin Photography Exhibit grand opening held at the Other Gallery on Saturday (November 5) in Los Angeles.

The Star Trek co-stars were joined by director J.J. Abrams, Dakota and Elle Fanning, Susan Sarandon, Nicholas Hoult, Alia Shawkat, Gia Coppola, and Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman.

The exhibit features photography from the late Anton Yelchin, and is described as “experimental, provocative and surrealist.” It will contain 40 images and proceeds from print sales will benefit the Anton Yelchin Foundation, according to Access Hollywood.

Anton passed away this past June after a freak accident caused his Jeep to roll down his driveway and crush him against a gate.

chris pine john cho support late co star anton yelchin photography exhibit 01
chris pine john cho support late co star anton yelchin photography exhibit 02
chris pine john cho support late co star anton yelchin photography exhibit 03
chris pine john cho support late co star anton yelchin photography exhibit 04
chris pine john cho support late co star anton yelchin photography exhibit 05

Car Company Says Anton Yelchin Was Responsible for His Death in New Legal Papers

Valencia CJD has responded to the wrongful death suit filed by Anton Yelchin‘s parents against the company, Jeep manufacturer FCA US and others.

Anton died at the age of 27 when his car rolled down his drive way and pinned him to a gate.

“Defendant alleges the injuries and damages, if any, or which the plaintiffs complain were caused and/or contributed to by the negligence of plaintiffs’ decedent which bars any recovery herein or the alleged damages of plaintiffs, in any, are reduced according to law,” the countersuit filed read (via The Wrap).

“Defendant alleges the damages allegedly sustained by plaintiffs were the proximate result of plaintiffs’, decedentt’s or other’s misuse, misapplication or damage of the product or modification, repair and/or maintenance of the product involved which failed to conform with defendant’s specifications,” the papers continued.

Anton Yelchin Photo Gallery

Anton Yelchin Received Recall Notice for Jeep 7 Days After Death

Anton Yelchin received the recall notice for his Jeep Grand Cherokee in the mail seven days after his death, the Yelchin family lawyer revealed during an emotional press conference on Tuesday (August 2).

“The safety recall was way too little and way too late,” attorney Gary Dordick said. “They should have never used this device.”

Anton‘s parents filed suit today against the vehicle’s manufacturer, Fiat Chrysler, as well as ZF North America, the company that made the faulty gear shift. The car company received complaints of rolling from 800,000 vehicles in April.

Anton died in April in a freak accident after his vehicle rolled down a hill and pinned him against a gate, crushing him.

Anton Yelchin's Parents Give Heartbreaking Press Conference, File Wrongful Death Lawsuit (Video)

Anton Yelchin‘s parents – Viktor and Irina – filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Fiat Chrysler for a faulty gear shift in a Jeep that ended up killing their son earlier this summer.

“In spite of our grief we decided to come here to prevent other families for the same tragedy,” Viktor said in a press conference on Tuesday (August 2). “Anton was our only son and he was a remarkable human being very modest, very simple, very honest, generous, loving. It is wrong, it is against nature when the parents bury their own child.”

“Anton was a wonderful human being, a very gifted actor and a loving son,” Gary Dordick, Anton‘s family attorney, said during the press conference. “Anton’s untimely death was due to a defective 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee that had a defective electronic transmission shift. As a result of this defect, his vehicle had a roll away incident…We are seeking punitive damages because we believe Fiat, ZF North America knew that it was defective and they failed to take action to protect the families that trusted them…They put profits before safety. We intend to hold them accountable and intend to have jury.”

anton yelchin parents give heartbreaking press conference 01
anton yelchin parents give heartbreaking press conference 02
anton yelchin parents give heartbreaking press conference 03
anton yelchin parents give heartbreaking press conference 04
anton yelchin parents give heartbreaking press conference 05

Anton Yelchin's Parents Plan to Sue Fiat Chrysler

  • Anton Yelchin‘s parents are lawyering up for a “wrongful death” lawsuit – TMZ
  • The first photo of Cameron Douglas after his seven years in jail has been revealed – Radar
  • There was a High School Musical reunion at Corbin Bleu‘s wedding – Just Jared Jr
  • Miss Teen USA’s tweets using the N-word won’t cost her the crown – DListed
  • This cop has done 25,000 traffic stops and has had no complaints – Hollywood Tuna
  • Nick Jonas will be getting wet with Bear Grylls this week – Towleroad
  • 5 Seconds of Summer stars go skinny dipping together – J-14

Anton Yelchin's Role Will Not Be Re-Cast in 'Star Trek' Series

Anton Yelchin will be making one of his final appearances on screen in the upcoming film Star Trek Beyond and his role of Chekov will not be re-cast for the series.

JJ Abrams, who directed the first two films in the rebooted franchise and produced the third movie, spoke out in an interview with the Toronto Sun.

“I would say there’s no replacing him,” JJ said. “There’s no re-casting. I can’t possibly imagine that, and I think Anton deserves better.”

Anton died on June 19 in a freak accident after his Jeep rolled down his driveway and crushed him against a gate.

'Star Trek' Cast Gathered at Chris Pine's Home to Mourn Anton Yelchin's Death

Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, and Zoe Saldana step out for dinner at Madeo restaurant on Friday night (July 15) in West Hollywood, Calif.

The cast of Star Trek Beyond – including John Cho, Simon Pegg, and Karl Urban, as well as producer JJ Abrams and Zoe‘s husband Marco Perego – went out for a dinner following their press junket.

Chris recently revealed that he gathered the cast at his home to mourn the death of their co-star Anton Yelchin.

“It’s been a very difficult few weeks,” Chris told TV Week. “It’s hard to talk about; hard to encapsulate someone’s life in some sort of sound bite or tidbit. We hung out at my house and it was just nice to have the family around to help deal with a loss like this and experience mourning at such an intense level.”

40+ pictures inside of the Star Trek Beyond cast stepping out together… More Here! »

star trek cast gathered at chris pine home after anton yelchin death 01
star trek cast gathered at chris pine home after anton yelchin death 02
star trek cast gathered at chris pine home after anton yelchin death 03
star trek cast gathered at chris pine home after anton yelchin death 04
star trek cast gathered at chris pine home after anton yelchin death 05