- Brian Williams was mercilessly mocked on Twitter in his first TV appearance since his scandal – US Weekly
- Is Will Forte disclosing Last Man on Earth details? – TMZ
- Willow Smith‘s new music video is here – Just Jared Jr
- CHVRCHES covers Justin Bieber‘s new hit – Entertainment Weekly
- Prince Harry has never looked hotter – Lainey Gossip
- Shay Mitchell dishes on the Pretty Little Liars midseason finale – TooFab
- Here’s the hottest Draco Malfoy moments – MTV
- Liam Hemsworth and his dog are an adorable pair – Popsugar
Brian Williams News, Pictures, and Videos
Brian Williams is apologizing for fabricating stories about his time reporting in the field back in 2003, which caused his six-month suspension from NBC.
The 56-year-old news anchor is officially staying at the network, but will now join MSNBC as an anchor of breaking news and special reports.
“I’m sorry. I said things that weren’t true,” Brian said in a statement. “I let down my NBC colleagues and our viewers, and I’m determined to earn back their trust. I will greatly miss working with the team on Nightly News, but I know the broadcast will be in excellent hands with Lester Holt as anchor. I will support him 100% as he has always supported me. I am grateful for the chance to return to covering the news. My new role will allow me to focus on important issues and events in our country and around the world, and I look forward to it.”
Brian Williams will return to NBC after his suspension is up in August.
According to CNN Money, the 56-year-old news anchor will stay at the network, though there aren’t any details regarding his new role.
“No one knows anything,” one anchor told the outlet.
The report claims that a “tentative agreement” has been made, and Brian will not return to his post at Nightly News.
Lester Holt, who took over for him during the suspension, will continue to anchor the show.
Brian was suspended for six months for exaggerating and/or fabricating stories about being in a U.S. military helicopter that got shot down in Iraq back in 2003.
- Brian Williams faces new investigation for more fabricated reports- Radar
- Jessica Simpson named godmother of CaCee Cobb‘s daughter Wilder- US Weekly
- Jason Sudeikis takes on the indie movie genre- Huffington Post
- Crowd demands refund from Detroit Dave Chappelle show- TMZ
- Full nominations list for the 2015 Radio Disney Music Awards- Just Jared Jr
- Will Johnny Depp win an Oscar for his latest role?- Lainey Gossip
- What Tom Cruise got his lawyer for his birthday- The Hollywood Reporter
- Meet the cast members of the Jessie spinoff show- J-14
“This has been a really hard time. We have also been very lucky, counting our blessings. We have our health, we have each other. It’s been incredible to experience the outreach from people you love, family, friends, and then people we don’t even know, strangers, just reaching out saying we want him back on TV,” the 26-year-old Girls actress said the New York 92Y on Wednesday evening (February 18) during a Q&A with Seth Meyers (via the New York Post).
“It’s been tough, though. Obviously, toughest on my dad, who bears the full burden of responsibility for it, but one thing the experience has not done is shake my trust and belief in him as a man. He’s a really good man. He’s an honest man. He’s a truthful man. He has so much integrity,” Allison added. “He cares so much about journalism. And yes, he’s a really good dad. I know you can trust him because, as any good daughter does, I’ve tested him on that.”
Allison then recalled a story back in 9th grade when there was a father-daughter dance, and she wasn’t sure her dad would be able to make it.
“As that date was coming, it didn’t seem like he was going to make it like he had promised. And then a couple days before the dance I was so upset and I got a surprise call from Iraq from my dad and he asked me if I had a date to the dance,” Allison recalled. “So, that’s the kind of man he is and I can’t wait for him to be back on TV and I know many of you guys feel that way,”
“Where are you hiding Brian Williams?” the 53-year-old comedian said on the red carpet.
“Oh, look at the time,” Matt said as the moment became awkward.
“I just want to say something in his defense…If the helicopter in front of me gets hit, I’m taking the story,” Jim added.
Meanwhile, Tina Fey, who was part of the same interview, can be seen in the middle of it all making great faces.
In the letter, the 49-year-old actor praised Brian for his “24 years of inimitable professionalism and top shelf brilliance, as a stone cold passion driven and (PERFECTLY) fact based journalist.”
He added about Brian, “you are clearly the victim of a transparent and vile witch hunt!”
WHAT DO YOU THINK of Charlie Sheen’s comments on Brian Williams?
Click inside to read the letter in its entirety… More Here! »