Top Stories

Bryan Singer - Latest News, Photos, and Videos

Bryan Singer Officially Directing 'X-Men: Apocalypse'

Bryan Singer is officially set to direct the upcoming movie X-Men: Apocalypse, according to Deadline.

The 49-year-old director previously helmed the first two movies in the X-Men franchise and then returned for this year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, which combined casts from the original film and the reboot. The most recent film is the so far the most successful one in the franchise’s history with a worldwide gross of $746 million.

Bryan‘s participation in the movie had long been rumored while he was facing claims of sexual abuse from a man named Michael Egan, who finally dropped the lawsuit last month.

Production on X-Men: Apocalypse will begin early next year and a release date has been set for May 27, 2016.

Bryan Singer's Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sexual Abuse Lawsuit

Michael Egan, the man who accused X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer of sexual abuse, has dropped his lawsuit four months after making the shocking accusations.

In addition to dropping the lawsuit against Mr. Singer, he has also dropped the lawsuits that he filed against former television exec Garth Ancier and former Disney exec David Neuman, according to Variety.

Michael
accused the men of sexually abusing him when he was a minor during a trip to Hawaii. A federal judge granted the motion for voluntary dismissal on Wednesday.

Back in April, Bryan‘s lawyer announced his plans to counter-sue the accuser for making fabricated and malicious claims.

Photos of 'Bryan Singer'

Bryan Singer Files Motion to Dismiss His Sexual Abuse Case

X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer has filed a motion to dismiss the sexual abuse case against him at the federal court in Hawaii early Wednesday (May 21).

The 48-year-old director was accused by Michael Egan of sexual abuse between August, 1999 and October, 1999, Variety reports.

“The timing of this action and inclusion of its sordid (and provably false) allegations are nothing more than tools being used to embarrass, harass, and pressure Singer and precipitate a shakedown of a perceived ‘deep pocket,’” the motion said.

Bryan claims he was not even in Hawaii during the timeline, and says that the suit was filed “to maximize public attention” prior to X-Men‘s release.

Director Bryan Singer: 'I'm Quite Bisexual'

Bryan Singer is featured in Out magazine’s latest issue, which was photographed before his scandal saying he sexually abused teenaged Michael Egan over 10 years ago.

Here’s what the 48-year-old X-Men: Days of Future Past director had to share:

On his sexual orientation: “I’m quite bisexual. In the last five years, I’ve had two girlfriends—one for two years, one for eight months… In the end, it’s probably going to be a guy. I emotionally lean towards male relationships, so I’m happy to say I’m gay, too, if it’s a one-syllable, easy answer.”

On not feeling the need to come out: “My sexuality is not what is tearing me up inside. I’m in love and he doesn’t love me back and it’s killing me. I need relationship advice! I’ve never felt the need to be declarative [about my sexuality].”

On the aftermath of Ellen Page coming out: “She just seemed so much happier and relaxed and talkative to the point where we all said, ‘Ellen, you seem to be kind of glowing.’”

For more from Bryan, visit Out.com.

bryan singer im quite bisexual 01
bryan singer im quite bisexual 02

Bryan Singer Addresses Sexual Abuse Allegations: They Are 'Outrageous' & 'Completely False'

Bryan Singer has opened up about the sexual abuse allegations made against him by Michael Egan.

“The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false. I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from X-Men: Days of Future Past. This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career,” the 48-year-old X-Men: Days of Future Past director said in a statement.

“So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I’ve decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film. However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shake down it is. I want to thank fans, friends and family for all their amazing and overwhelming support,” Bryan added.

Hollywood Execs Named in Bryan Singer's Accuser's Sexual Abuse Case Deny Allegations

Hollywood executives David Neuman, Garth Ancier, and Gary Goddard have all responded to Bryan Singer‘s accuser Michael Egan in his case citing sexual abuse allegations.

“All of the allegations made by the plaintiffs against Garth Ancier are demonstrably untrue and we are confident the courts will agree when the evidence is presented,” Garth‘s lawyer said (via Variety). “As just one of many examples, Mr. Ancier has never even visited the estate in Hawaii where the plaintiff claims to have encountered him. Mr. Ancier is grateful to his friends, family and colleagues for their support.”

“Based on what we have heard, the allegations are without merit,” Gary‘s attorney added in his own statement. “Gary Goddard is out of the country, in China, until later this week. We have now received the complaint and will respond as appropriate.”

David said in a statement, “The disgusting allegations made against me are completely false.”

Find out more about the high powered execs right here.

Bryan Singer's Accuser Names More Alleged Sex Abusers

Michael Egan, the man who claims that director Bryan Singer forcibly raped him fifteen years ago, has named three more alleged sex abusers, according to Variety.

Hollywood executives David Neuman, Garth Ancier, and Gary Goddard are the new men being targeted in the case. These names were unveiled at yet another news conference held by attorney Jeff Herman.

Here is the 411 on the men being named: Neuman used to be the president of Disney TV, Ancier was once the president of BBC Worldwide America and the Fox entertainment group, and Goddard produces off-Broadway shows.

Bryan‘s legal team is fighting back at these claims and the director reportedly has proof that he was not in Hawaii at the time that the abuse was said to have taken place.

A Member of Townsquare Entertainment News | Advertise here