Jessie Usher is the breakout star of the new movie Independence Day: Resurgence and he definitely has a bright future ahead of him!
The 24-year-old actor plays the son of Will Smith‘s late character from the first movie and he takes his father’s place by helping save the world 20 years later.
JustJared.com caught up with the actor to learn some fun facts about him that you probably don’t know. Check out the 10 Fun Facts we learned below:
- 1. I was a salutatorian in high school.
- 2. I’m a huge Celine Dion fan. My favorite song is “To Love You More.”
- 3. My favorite language is french.
- 4. I studied culinary arts. My favorite dish to cook would be a baked apple pie or chili con carne.
- 5. I was born on leap year. When my actual birthday doesn’t come, I celebrate on the 28th of February or just take the entire last week of February and call it my own.
- 6. My favorite sport is martial arts. I started in Tang Soo Do, tested the waters in Tae Kwon Do and Shorin Ryu Karate, now I study American Kenpo.
- 7. I sang opera for a Broadway company.
- 8. The first play I did was Shakespeare’s Richard III.
- 9. I have a t-shirt line called onexx (120) by Eyantia.
- 10. My sister’s name is tattooed in Arabic on my back.
Go see Jessie in Independence Day: Resurgence in theaters now!