Top Stories

Geoffrey Rush Latest News, Photos, and Videos

Val Kilmer Makes a Rare Public Appearance to Support Longtime Pal Al Pacino

Val Kilmer joins his friend Al Pacino on the red carpet at the Simply Shakespeare Live Read of The Merchant of Venice on Monday night (October 28) at Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles.

The event reunited Pacino with Lily Rabe and Hamish Linklater, who starred alongside him in a Broadway run of the play several years ago. Also participating in the live read was Geoffrey Rush.

Kilmer just announced that he will be releasing a memoir next spring titled “I’m Your Huckleberry,” which will address his battle with throat cancer. He publicly revealed he was battling the disease back in 2017 after going through treatment for two years.

Al and Val starred in the 1995 movie Heat.

val kilmer rare appearance with al pacino 01
val kilmer rare appearance with al pacino 02
val kilmer rare appearance with al pacino 03
val kilmer rare appearance with al pacino 04
val kilmer rare appearance with al pacino 05

Geoffrey Rush Awarded $1.9 Million in #MeToo Defamation Case

Geoffrey Rush has won his defamation case against Australia’s Nationwide News over a story the company’s publication The Daily Telegraph published back in 2017.

The 67-year-old Oscar winning actor was awarded $1.9 million – which is the largest ever defamation payout to a single person in Australia, BBC News reports.

Geoffrey filed the defamation lawsuit against The Daily Telegraph back in 2017 after they published allegations of his supposed “inappropriate behavior” towards a female co-star during a production of the Sydney Theatre Company’s King Lear in late 2015 to early 2016.

Geoffrey has denied the allegations calling them “extremely hurtful.”

Australian Justice Michael Wigney agreed, saying, ““This was a recklessly irresponsible piece of sensational journalism of the worst kind.”

Geoffrey was previously awarded $850,000 Australian dollars (more than $600,000 USD) in damages during the April ruling.

OITNB's Yael Stone Accuses Geoffrey Rush of Sexual Misconduct

Yael Stone, who is well known for her work on Orange is the New Black, has come forward to accuse Oscar winning actor Geoffrey Rush of sexual misconduct while they worked together on an Australian production of The Diary of a Madman back in 2010.

First, they began a text exchange while working together.

“I was so flattered that someone like that would spend their time texting me into the very early hours of the morning,” she told the New York Times. “Gradually the text messages became more sexual in nature, but always encased in this very highfalutin intellectual language.”

“I’m embarrassed by the ways I participated. I certainly wouldn’t engage as the person I am now in the way I did when I was 25,” she said.

Their dressing room had two shower cubicles next to each other. Yael details what happened after one of their shows one evening.

“I remember I looked up to see there was a small shaving mirror over the top of the partition between the showers and he was using it to look down at my naked body. I believe that it was meant with a playful intention, but the effect was that I felt there was nowhere for me to feel safe and unobserved,” she said.

“I said some words to the effect of, ‘Bugger off, Geoffrey.’ I was walking a very delicate line where I needed to manage these uncomfortable moments but never, never offend him,” she continued. “There was no part of my brain considering speaking to anyone in any official capacity. This was a huge star. What were they going to do? Fire Geoffrey and keep me?”

Another evening, she claims he danced naked in front of her while she removed her makeup.

Rush has denied her allegations, saying, “From the outset I must make it clear that the allegations of inappropriate behaviour made by Yael Stone are incorrect and in some instances have been taken completely out of context. However, clearly Yael has been upset on occasion by the spirited enthusiasm I generally bring to my work. I sincerely and deeply regret if I have caused her any distress. This, most certainly, has never been my intention.”

Rush has faced allegations of “inappropriate behavior” in the past.

Geoffrey Rush Pulls Out of Shakespeare Play Amid Inappropriate Behavior Claims

Geoffrey Rush has decided to pull out of Shakespeare stage production in Australia, THR reports.

Melbourne Theatre Company revealed on Tuesday (July 10) that they received a statement from the 67-year-old Oscar-winning actor that he is withdrawing from his role in the production of Twelfth Night amid “inappropriate behavior” accusations made by actress Eryn Jean Norvill.

“Due to my current circumstances and medical advice, I must withdraw from the upcoming project,” Geoffrey told the company.

Back in April, Geoffrey‘s lawyer claimed that the actor is suffering from serious “lack of sleep” and “barely eats” amid the situation.

Geoffrey is currently suing The Daily Telegraph over the article the newspaper published alleging the behavior.

Geoffrey Rush Barely Eats & Is Virtually Housebound Following Allegations of Inappropriate Behavior

Geoffrey Rush‘s lawyer is giving an update on the actor, several months after the legendary actor was accused of inappropriate behavior by an actress in the Sydney Theatre Company.

The 66-year-old Australian actor has denied the allegation and is suing The Daily Telegraph over the article the newspaper published alleging the behavior.

Rush‘s lawyer swore in an affidavit that the actor “suffers lack of sleep and anxiety requiring medication,” “has lost his appetite and barely eats,” and “wakes up every morning with a terrible sense of dread about his future career.”

The actor has also “been virtually housebound” since the articles were released, according to the lawyer’s statements revealed by Page Six.

Rush is an Academy Award-winning actor who most recently played Albert Einstein in the series Genius.

Geoffrey Rush Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Daily Telegraph Over 'Inappropriate Behavior' Claims

Geoffrey Rush has filed a defamation suit against The Daily Telegraph after they published allegations of his supposed “inappropriate behavior” towards a female co-star during a production of the Sydney Theatre Company’s King Lear in late 2015 to early 2016.

“It is an action I am taking in order to redress the slurs, innuendo and hyperbole that they have created around my standing in the entertainment industry and in the greater community,” the 66-year-old actor said in a statement via ABC News. “The Daily Telegraph has made false, pejorative and demeaning claims, splattering them with unrelenting bombast on its front pages.”

Geoffrey went on to say that the claims were “extremely hurtful” to his wife and kids and that he needed to take action in order to defend himself.

“The situation is intolerable and I must seek vindication of my good name through the courts,” Geoffrey continued.