- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire beats out Frozen to top Friday’s box office- Entertainment Weekly
- What are 25 things you don’t know about Wendy Williams?- US Weekly
- Ja Rule responds to gay rumors- Huffington Post
- Paris Hilton‘s brother Barron has been hospitalized- TMZ
- Watch a music video of Stefanie Scott and Spencer Sutherland covering Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran‘s song “Everything Has Changed”- Just Jared Jr
- Read a recap for the latest episode of Scandal- Lainey Gossip
- What are five standout moments from Carrie Underwood‘s Sound of Music Live?- The Hollywood Reporter
- Why is When Harry Met Sally a good holiday movie?- Buzzfeed
- Rachel Zoe shows off her huge baby bump after visiting the doctor- X17
Hunger Games - Latest News, Photos, and Videos
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is keeping it’s top title and has scored the top slot at the Thanksgiving weekend box office!
In the most prosperous Thanksgiving box office weekend ever, the Jennifer Lawrence-starrer grossed $110.2 million over the five day weekend, with $74.5 million earned over the actual weekend. The film has now earned $296.5 million domestically and $573 million internationally, according to THR.
Catching Fire became the top Thanksgiving movie of all time!
Coming in at number two was the Kristen Bell animated flick Frozen, which brought in $93 million over the five day weekend. It scored the top opening for a Disney Animation Studios flick.
Rounding out the top five were Thor: The Dark World, The Best Man Holiday, and Homefront, which brought in $11.1 million, $8.4 million, and $6.9 million, respectively.
Spike Lee‘s new film Oldboy looks to only have made approximately $850,000 over the weekend. New opener Black Nativity also seems to have not pleased the masses, making on $3.8 million.
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is on track to earn $100-105 million for the Thanksgiving weekend – Entertainment Weekly
- Prince George receives a herd of cows as gift from a Kenyan tribe- US Weekly
- Roseanne Barr admits that she has mental health issues- Huffington Post
- Luke Bryan was legally allowed to drink and drive on his private ranch- TMZ
- Watch a new clip from G.B.F.- Just Jared Jr
- When will Mad Max: Fury Road be released? – Lainey Gossip
- Actress Jean Kent has died at age 92- The Hollywood Reporter
- Watch John Slattery in a 1980s commercial for Sports Illustrated- Buzzfeed
- Charlie Sheen gets touchy with his new lady love- X17
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire is continuing to break records at the box office, and this Thanksgiving holiday was no exception for the smash hit.
The Jennifer Lawrence-starrer brought in $14.9 million in North America on Thanksgiving day.
For the five day weekend, Catching Fire could rake in a projected $100 million, which would slay previous record holder Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, which made $82 million the same weekend.
Also doing great at the Thanksgiving box office was animated flick Frozen, featuring the voices of Kristen Bell, Josh Gad, and Jonathan Groff. The film took in $11.1 million, and is expected to make up to $90 million this weekend, breaking more records.
Black Nativity, Homefront, and Oldboy are also available to see this holiday weekend as well.
WHAT ARE YOU SEEING at the movies this weekend???
Jena Malone sits down for an interview on Live! with Kelly & Michael on Wednesday (November 27) in New York City.
The 29-year-old actress talked about filming the nude scene in her new film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire and accidentally flashing a hotel employee!
“We were actually shooting in a real hotel, and a real elevator, so they couldn’t really shut down the entire hotel,” Jena said. “It’s like 49 floors, a glass elevator, everybody can see in – it’s kind of a crazy thing…I think at take two, I’m bare-boned, and I’m about to leave the elevator. And the doors open and there’s some guy that works at the hotel carrying a coffee cup holder and this mouth is just agape. And I’m staring at him trying to be in character, and I just fall out of frame laughing. I couldn’t take it.”
FYI: Jena is wearing a Preen top, Sofi Wolf skirt, and Jimmy Choo heels.
Bigger pic inside… More Here! »
'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Breaks November Records with $161.1 Million Opening, Surpasses First Film
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire has exceeded expectations and broken the box office record for November with a $161.1 million opening!
According to THR, the sequel, which brought back stars Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson, opened to $307.7 million globally, easily passing the first film’s $211.8 million debut in March 2012.
Rounding out the top five were Vince Vaughn‘s Delivery Man and the animated Free Birds, bringing in $8.2 million and $5.3 million, respectively.
WHAT DID YOU SEE at the movie’s this weekend? Vote in our poll below!
“In honor of you hosting tonight, we are starting a new tradition. We are going to draw the name of one male and one female cast member. And they will come on stage and fight to the death,” Kate says on stage. “Don’t worry, everyone is very excited!”
Chaos ensues, and one cast member ends up with an arrow through the heart! Check out Josh‘s Saturday Night Live opening monologue below…
Josh Hutcherson & ‘SNL’ Cast Recreate ‘Hunger Games’ for Opening Monologue