For more from the guys, visit GQ.com!
James Gandolfini - Latest News, Photos, and Videos
One of the most anticipated moments of the night at the 2013 Emmy Awards this evening will be the In Memoriam segment and we have all the details right here.
Five people will be remembered with special recognition during the ceremony: Glee‘s Cory Monteith (remembered by co-star Jane Lynch), The Sopranos‘ James Gandolfini (remembered by co-star Edie Falco), All in the Family‘s Jean Stapleton (remembered by co-star Rob Reiner), Mork and Mindy‘s Jonathan Winters (remembered by co-star Robin Williams), and Family Ties producer Gary David Goldberg (remembered by the show’s Michael J. Fox).
“I always find the In Memoriam is just really interesting because sometimes it seems weird that they keep the audio on in the house, so some people get applause and some people don’t, and it turns it into this weird moment,” host Neil Patrick Harris told Access Hollywood. “And you want that moment to be honoring those people, and not a competition.”
“We’ve come up with this idea — five different people that we chose sort of from different areas of television are being spoken about by people who were important to them,” he explained. “[They'll speak about them] not in a pitying way, but I think in a respectful, classy way that will make you remember their life in a positive, forward-momentum kind of style.”
Check back later for video of the segment!
Enough Said centers on “a divorced massage therapist (Louis-Dreyfus) who takes a chance on love with a new man (Gandolfini) who just happens to be the dreaded ex of her new client.”
Mark your calendars, the flick will debut next month at the 2013 Toronto Film Festival and will be released on September 20!
James Gandolfini – ‘Enough Said’ Trailer
- James Gandolfini‘s last film Animal Rescue was previewed during the annual CineEurope event – The Hollywood Reporter
- Sofia Vergara shares bikini shot – Huffington Post
- Who made the list of the world’s most powerful celebrities? – Just Jared Jr
- You’ll be seeing The Hunger Games: Catching Fire at Comic Con – Entertainment Weekly
- What kind of collars is Jessica Biel using for her dogs? – DListed
- Stacy Keibler uses mouth wash for a cause – Hollywood Tuna
- Hillary and Bill Clinton praise DOMA overturn ruling – Towleroad
- Matt White performed his new song “Love and Affection” on The Bachelorette – be sure to check out the performance, and buy the song on iTunes!
“When I heard of James’ passing I was in New Orleans, where we met shooting, and every memory flooded back and gutted me,” Kristen told Entertainment Weekly in a statement. “I’ll hold that time near to me forever. He was immeasurably great. My heart goes out to his beloved family.”
James‘ body was flown back to New York City this past weekend for his funeral, set for this Thursday.
- James Gandolfini‘s remains are back in the United States and his funeral will take place on Thursday- TMZ
- Find out baby North West‘s birth weight- US Weekly
- Win a FREE and autographed iPhone case from Cody Simpson- Just Jared Jr
- Victoria Beckham flashes a rare smile- Entertainment Tonight
- Prince Harry and his ex attend a wedding- Lainey Gossip
- Courtney Stodden shows off new implants at church- TooFab
- Justin Bieber gets a kiss from a young fan- MTV
- Miley Cyrus wears a super short jersey- Popsugar
The family’s spokesman, Michael Kobold, spoke to the press at the Boscolo Exedra Hotel in Rome, Italy.
The remains are reportedly being flown to New York City, with a funeral set for Thursday (June 27) in Manhattan.
“On behalf of the Gandolfini family, I would like to thank the Italian authorities for all the assistance they have rendered in expediting the formalities necessary to repatriate James Gandolfini‘s remains to the United States.”
Click inside to read the rest of the family’s statement… More Here! »