- Jon Gosselin doesn’t like Nadya Suleman in that way
- David Beckham hits a pumpkin patch without his kids
- Hear what James Franco shared at the New Yorker Festival
- Find out who the inspiration for American Psycho‘s Patrick Bateman was
- Russell Brand does some scandalous shopping
- Life With Derek cleaned up at the Gemini Awards
- Adrienne Curry plays dress-up for Comic-Con
- Learn more about Stephanie Pratt‘s DUI incident
- Uma Thurman wears a cast on her arm
- Does Suri Cruise have a future as a celebrity stylist?
- Chris Brown will begin a 19-city fan appreciation tour Nov. 14 at the House of Blues in Houston. Domestic Violence group Jenesse Center and Best Buddies International, which helps people with disabilities, will receive some of the proceeds from ticket sales.
- Daniel Radcliffe has purchased $5.65 million, five-bedroom home in the West Village. In other news, the Harry Potter star is hoping to star in a Broadway musical.
- Hulk Hogan admits in his new tell-all, “My Life Outside the Ring,” that he hit rock bottom and came “damn close” to killing himself following his divorce from ex-wife Linda. The wrestler said he downed Xanax and rum and had a gun in his hand when he was saved by an unexpected phone call from his Gladiators co-star Laila Ali. Hogan also claims that Linda is an alcoholic who was abusive to their kids. Still, he begged her not to file for divorce because he feared it would make them look like “the Britney Spears family.”
Jon Gosselin Breaking News and Photos
Jon Gosselin and his girlfriend Hailey Glassman share a passionate kiss as they arrive at the Oak Room by horse and carriage on Saturday (October 17) in New York City. The day after, the couple went for a a romantic walk in the rain.
Jon, 32, was recently ordered to return $180,000 he withdrew from a joint bank account he shares with estranged wife Kate Gosselin. The father of eight has until Oct. 26 to return the money or he will face contempt charges. Kate also has until that date to account for past expenses.
Jon & Kate Plus 8 will also wrap up in mid to late November.
10+ pictures inside of horse and carriage couple Jon Gosselin and Hailey Glassman… More Here! »
On Friday morning, TLC filed a lawsuit against Jon Gosselin for breach of contract with regard to Jon & Kate Plus 8.
A statement released by the network reads, “The network has been trying privately and patiently for months to get Jon to honor the contract he signed and to comply with his obligations relating to public appearances and statements. Those efforts have been unsuccessful.”
Mark Heller, Jon‘s attorney responded with this statement released to JustJared.com:
“Apparently, TLC has elected to initially litigate this case in the Court of Public Opinion, rather than the Circuit Court for Montgomery County Maryland because neither Jon nor I have been served with legal pleadings or informed by TLC of the instant litigation.
“Remarkably, instead, I read the alleged Complaint on the internet, since it would appear that Discovery and TLC chose to pander and publicize their weak, feeble and baseless claim to the media rather than providing the Defendant with appropriate notice through the traditional judicial process.
“Jon will vigorously defend against this baseless action, assuming Discovery and TLC choose to go forward with their claim by legally serving him with notice, and we are confident that through the course of litigation it will clearly be evident that Discovery and TLC exploited, manipulated and abused the Gosselins’ vulnerability and financial hardship.
“We believe that the contract will be unenforceable in light of the fact that Discovery and TLC initially had Jon execute a complicated, complex and sophisticated agreement at a time when he had no legal representative. In any event, when TLC and Discovery ended the program Jon & Kate plus eight they also effectively terminated the purported contract and accordingly, any rights or obligations they perceived existed concerning Jon’s conduct or actions, rights or privileges from that point forward were also terminated.
“The contract was against Public Policy because we believe Discovery and TLC violated Pennsylvania Child Labor Laws, failed to seek appropriate State and Municipal Permits, failed to pay the Gosselins fair consideration, and intentionally circumvented their responsibility to specifically designate legal and lawful compensation to the eight infant children, which is now the subject of an investigation by the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry and could result in summary Criminal Proceedings.
“The purported Contract was also grossly overreaching and restrictive attempting to abridge the most basic Constitutional Right that all American citizens have of Freedom of Speech. Discovery and TLC has treated Jon Gosselin like a dog by attempting to keep him on a leash and muzzle him and deny the father of eight the opportunity to earn a livelihood to support his family.
“All of the aforesaid, clearly, in our opinion, renders the alleged contract as null and void, unenforceable and unconscionable.
“Clearly, this litigation has heralded in the battle of ‘David’ against ‘Goliath’ and Jon Gosselin fully intends to stand firm, protect his family and defend against TLC and Discovery who have been rumored to have enjoyed over $186 million dollars in revenue for one quarter, purportedly attributed to the success of the program Jon & Kate plus eight.
“This litigation is clearly a tactic that Discovery and TLC have initiated in furtherance of their hunger to jump back on the gravy train, but Jon Gosselin has decided to put the breaks on the Discovery and TLC trainwreck.”
Divorce papers for Jon, 32, and Kate, 34, were filed on June 22.
- Kate Gosselin is not happy that Jon hacked her email
- Hugh Jackman is really good to his fans
- Ashley Tisdale is Los Premios pretty
- Bachelor‘s Melissa Rycroft has swine flu
- Pamela Anderson is watching the bay again
- Channing Tatum goes shirtless for Dear John
- Mickey Rourke is out and about
- Scott Baio is too rich for you
- Eliza Dushku and basketball star Rick Fox confirmed
- Megan Fox in underwear might be worth $2 million
- Jon Bon Jovi gets exclusive with NBC
- Will Taylor Swift get her revenge on Kanye West?
- George Clooney won’t be father of the year
Jon Gosselin spends some precious time with his kids as his daughter Hannah runs to him at the bus stop on Wednesday (October 14) in Pennsylvania.
Meanwhile, Kate ran some errands near her home, stopping for some gas and then picking up some fan mail outside of the UPS Store.
Jon was ordered by the courts to return $180,000 to a bank join account after allegedly taking over $300,000. Kate responded, “As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues.”
10+ pictures inside of Jon Gosselin plus Eight… More Here! »
Jon Gosselin gave his side of the story to CNN interviewer Larry King on Thursday (October 1). Here’s what the 32-year-old reality TV dad shared:
On why he wants to pull the plug on Kate Plus 8:“It’s not healthy for my kids to be on the show… it’s detrimental to them. It’s my right as a parent and as a father of my kids to determine whether the show is good for my family. I don’t think it’s healthy for them because we’re going through a divorce right now. I don’t think it should be televised and I think my kids should be taken off the show.”
On why the change of heart: “I had an epiphany one day. I looked in the mirror and I said, ‘I don’t want to be this person anymore.’”
On if he regrets doing reality TV in the first place: “In the beginning, it was for financial purposes. I can’t tell you if I would have had a better life then or now. Would we have been better off? I don’t know.”
On learning from his past: “I’ve made mistakes, I’ve learned form my mistakes, I regret things. I have to move forward…I really didn’t mean despise. I regret saying that word. I was very emotional…sometimes you just say things you can’t really mean.”
Watch Jon‘s interview on Larry King Live below!
Jon Gosselin on “Larry King Live,” 10/1
The sign reads: “Notice: No film crew or production staff from TLC is permitted on this property under penelty of trespass Johnathon Gosselin”. (The misspellings and grammar mistakes are all included!)
Mama Kate Gosselin is speaking out against her estranged husband: “I’m saddened and confused by Jon’s public media statements. Jon has never expressed any concerns to me about our children being involved in the show and, in fact, is on the record as saying he believes the show benefits our children and was taping on Friday with the kids.”
The 34-year-old reality TV mom continued, “I check in regularly with each of the kids to be sure they want to participate in and continue with the show and will continue to do so. I do the show for my family because I believe it provides us opportunities we wouldn’t otherwise have. Jon used to share that belief until as recently as the day the network announced the name change of the show and indicated that Jon would have a lesser role in the show. It appears that Jon‘s priority is Jon and his interests. My priority remains our children and their well being.”
On Saturday, Jon is expected to make an appearance and create his very own milkshake at the West Hollywood shake shop Millions of Milkshakes.