- Michael Jackson’s family is struggling to sort out his estate- TMZ
- The final resting place of Celine Dion’s husband revealed- Radar
- Shawn Mendes can’t fathom the success of “Stitches”- Just Jared Jr
- Donald Trump’s taco bowl picture backfired- Huffington Post
- Arsenio Hall is suing Sinead O’Connor for saying that he supplied Prince with drugs- DListed
- Jessica Alba shows some leg in a new beauty campaign- Hollywood Tuna
- New details about Dave Franco’s gay Neighbors 2 character revealed- Towleroad
Michael Jackson News, Pictures, and Videos
It was just announced that music giant Sony is in the process of purchasing Michael Jackson‘s stake in Sony/ATV Music Publishing for a whopping $750 million.
Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton said in a statement that “this acquisition will enable Sony to more quickly adapt to changes in the music publishing business.”
Michael‘s estate will continue to retain his master recordings as well as a 10% stake in the EMI Music Publishing catalog.
“I have played Michael Jackson. That is true,” the 45-year-old actor said. “It’s a tongue in cheek fun light look at three wonderful characters that we know, Michael Jackson, Liz Taylor, and Marlon Brando and they go on a road trip together. Some say it’s an urban legend. And our story says if it happened, maybe it happened like this.”
There has been an immense backlash to the casting news, as Michael Jackson is a legendary black singer, but casting went to a white male. Michael had a skin condition called Vitiligo that caused a lightening of the color of his skin.
WHAT DO YOU THINK of Joseph Fiennes playing Michael Jackson??
The 45-year-old actor will star in the Sky Arts television movie that follows the singer’s attempt to get home from New York City after the attacks, according to The Guardian.
Michael reportedly took a road trip with Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando following 9/11 and they got all the way to Ohio in a rented car. The film will be based on a Vanity Fair article about the road trip.
Michael Jackson‘s Thriller just broke a huge record by being the first album to go 30 times multi-platinum for all of the US sales.
In addition, the album has 100 million sales across the globe.
“RIAA has awarded Gold & Platinum records on behalf of the music business for nearly 60 years, but this is the first time an artist has crossed the 30X multi-Platinum plateau,” RIAA chairman and CEO Cary Sherman said in a statement (via Billboard). “We are honored to celebrate the unique status of Thriller in Gold & Platinum history. What an exceptional achievement and testament to Thriller‘s enduring spot in our hearts and musical history.”
Thriller was released back on November 30, 1982.
- Michael Jackson‘s former doctor Arnie Klein has sadly died at age 70 – US Weekly
- Doris Roberts‘ man friend did not like the movie Room – TMZ
- R5 announces an exciting New Year’s show in Vegas – Just Jared Jr
- Joe Manganiello will guest star on a CBS sitcom – Entertainment Weekly
- Jeremy Renner is working on an album – Lainey Gossip
- Ricky Schroder‘s two daughters stun in a new photo shoot – TooFab
- Harry Potter fans react to Cursed Child news – MTV
- Only Nick Jonas can make this gray sweatsuit look hot – Popsugar
The group – Avi Kaplan, Scott Hoying, Kevin Olusola, Mitch Grassi, and Kirstie Maldonado – sang a mash-up of more than 20 songs by the King of Pop in six minutes!
They included everything from “Man in the Mirror” and “Human Nature” to “Smooth Criminal” and “Billie Jean.” Watch below!
In case you didn’t know, Pentatonix gained fame after winning the third season of NBC’s The Sing-Off. They also won a Grammy for Best Arrangement, Instrumental or A Cappella for their song “Daft Punk.”
Pentatnix Sings Tribute to Michael Jackson