Carrie Underwood and her husband, pro hockey player Mike Fisher, proudly show off their wedding pictures on the latest cover of People, on stands Friday.
Here’s a run-down of their wedding:
– About 250 guests attended the wedding on Saturday at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation in Greensboro, Georgia.
– Carrie wore a chantilly lace and silk organza Monique Lhuillier gown and a diamond tiara, which was Mike’s gift to his new bride.
– Carrie walked down the aisle to a string quartet playing Wagner’s Bridal Chorus.
– Carrie‘s nephew Max was the ring bearer and Mike’s cousin Hanna was flower girl. Carrie‘s dog Ace was also in attendance — he wore a Swarovski crystal-encrusted pink tuxedo.
– The wedding cake was a cupcake tower made by bridesmaid Ivey Childers and the couple’s first dance was “Love Never Fails”, sung at the wedding by contemporary Christian singer Brandon Heath.
“[Carrie] looked stunning,” Mike said at the wedding. “I was thanking God for her, for that moment. It’s something I’ll never forget.”
Carrie added, “The night exceeded all the hopes I had. It was a great party.”