- Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino is checking into rehab for substance abuse – TMZ
- Keke Palmer keeps it cute in NYC – Just Jared Jr
- Did Gwyneth Paltrow use a ghostwriter? – Lainey Gossip
- Jon Hamm stands by his remarks about Kim Kardashian – The Superficial
- Do you spot a baby bump on Reese Witherspoon? – TooFab
- Jennie Garth isn’t letting her divorce keep her down – US Weekly
- Hm – Johnny Depp and Marilyn Manson are teaming up for a new song?! – MTV Buzzworthy
- Armie Hammer talks about playing an “awkward man-child” – Popsugar
- Erin Heatherton shares pics from her vacation – Celebslam
Mike Sorrentino Breaking News and Photos
- Watch what The Situation had to say about Abercrombie‘s offer – TMZ
- Hailee Steinfeld picks up some swag – Just Jared Jr
- Blake Lively and Salma Hayek get to work on Savages – Lainey Gossip
- Who’s the latest celeb to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? – The Superficial
- Kim Kardashian meets all of her in-laws at a 3-hour wedding rehearsal – US Weekly
- Check out Miggs‘ new video featuring Lindsay Lohan – MTV Buzz
- Reese Witherspoon soaks up the Hawaiian sun – Popsugar
- Ricky Gervais‘s mockumentary will center around a dwarf – Access Hollywood
- Anthony Bourdain calls Paula Deen the “worst, most dangerous person to America” – Videogum
The day after the clothing company issued a press release with its offer, its stock plummeted 9%, according to TMZ.
While the A&F shareholders are probably stressing out, the company’s CEO Michael Jeffries said he is having fun with the “situation.”
“Last Friday morning I was with a group of people here and someone came up to me and said ‘Mike, I have terrible, terrible news for you. Last night on Jersey Shore the Situation had A&F product on,’ So we all said, ‘Ahhh, that’s terrible.’ What are we going to do about it?” Jeffries said in a conference call on Wednesday (August 17).
“That’s how it happened. That’s where we are and we’re having a lot of fun with it,” he added.
Abercrombie & Fitch is offering money to Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino – not to model its clothes but rather to stop wearing them.
“We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino‘s association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image. We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans,” the clothing brand said in a statement.
The 29-year-old Jersey Shore star has been known to wear Abercrombie & Fitch on the MTV show, most recently a pair of neon green sweatpants.
“We have therefore offered a substantial payment to Michael ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino and the producers of MTV’s Jersey Shore to have the character wear an alternate brand. We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response,” the press release added.
WHAT DO YOU THINK about Abercrombie & Fitch‘s offer to The Situation?
The recently released trailer (below) shows some of the highlights from the upcoming season, from meeting new people and going to the club to Mike and Ronnie‘s explosive fight that left one of them injured.
The fourth season of Jersey Shore will premiere on August 4 at 10/9c on MTV!
Jersey Shore – Season 4 Trailer
- Frank Sorrentino wants to get into the reality show business – TMZ
- Selena Gomez shows love for the St. Bernard Project – Just Jared Jr
- Saoirse Ronan looks springy and sweet – Lainey Gossip
- One of Charlie Sheen‘s former goddesses is posing for Playboy? – The Superficial
- Which celeb grows salvia in her garden? – US Weekly
- Expect surprises in Breaking Dawn – MTV Movies
- Robert Pattinson celebrates his 25th birthday – Popsugar
- See who’s gotten her very own street in Chicago – Access Hollywood
- See how Beyonce chose her new album title – TheUrbanDaily
- Meghan McCain shows off her sexy shoulders in a new PSA – OK
- Listen to new music from JoJo – Concrete Loop
- David Cook sent a video offer to the PS22 Chorus asking if they wanted to perform his new single with him – check it out below!
David Cook & PS22 Offer
- Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino has signed a new deal to develop a series with MTV – PopEater
- Ashley Greene takes it easy after the MET Ball – Just Jared Jr
- A pregnant Kim Zolciak strips down again – Huffington Post
- Jesse James is upset he isn’t a part of Louis Bullock‘s life – DListed
- Katy Perry shows some serious cleavage onstage – Hollywood Tuna
- Meet the man who came out on last night’s episode of The Voice – Towleroad
- One of Jennifer Aniston‘s exes speaks out about their relationship – Radar
- See which celebrity mom and son stepped out in matching boots – Celebuzz
- Geri Halliwell shows off her bikini body – Celebslam
- Vanessa Minnillo and Nick Lachey are getting “dangerously close” to their wedding – ASL
- Lady Gaga debuts a new song onstage in Mexico – Idolator