Top Stories

Ray Fisher Breaking News, Photos, and Videos

Warner Media Releases Pointed Statement at Ray Fisher After He Said He Was Let Go By Studio

Ray Fisher revealed that he was “let go” from the DC Universe franchise following an internal investigation over Joss Whedon‘s actions on the Justice League set.

Now, Warner Media is disputing that claim.

“As has been previously stated, an extensive investigation was conducted by an outside law firm, led by a former federal judge who has assured WarnerMedia that there were no impediments to the investigation,” a spokesperson told Deadline. “Last summer, Mr. Fisher was offered the opportunity to reprise his role as Cyborg in The Flash. Given his statement that he will not participate in any film associated with Mr. Hamada, our production is now moving on. Warner Bros. remains in business with Geoff Johns who continues to produce Stargirl, Batwoman, Doom Patrol, Superman & Lois, and Titans for the studio, among other projects.”

Ray first came forward with the accusations against Joss last July, saying that he was abusive on the set towards cast and crew after taking over the film from Zack Snyder, who had to step away due to a family issue.

After Ray came forward, Jason Momoa stood by him and Gal Gadot also recently opened up about her experience with Joss. Here’s what she said…

Ray Fisher Addresses Cyborg Firing In Long Twitter Note To Fans

Ray Fisher is opening up about being “let go” from the DC Universe franchise following an internal investigation over Joss Whedon‘s actions on the Justice League set.

In his note posted to Instagram, the 33-year-old actor confirmed his Cyborg character was written out of the upcoming The Flash movie.

“I have received official confirmation that Warner Bros. Pictures has decided to remove me from the cast of The Flash,” he started his letter.

Ray continued on, saying that “despite the misconception, Cyborg’s involvement in The Flash was much more than a cameo – and while I do mourn the lost opportunity to bring Victor Stone back to the screen, bringing awareness to the actions of Walter Hamada will prove to be a much more important contribution to the world.”

He also states that Walter purposefully attempted to “undermine” the investigation in an effort to protect Geoff Johns, whom Ray also accused of the toxic work environment.

Read his full note below:

He first came forward with the accusations against Joss last July, saying that he was abusive on the set towards cast and crew after taking over the film from Zack Snyder, who had to step away due to a family issue.

An internal investigation was launched, and Warner Bros. said that Ray reportedly wouldn’t take part in. He stated in his note that this was a lie.

After Ray came forward, Jason Momoa stood by him and Gal Gadot also recently opened up about her experience with Joss. Here’s what she said…

Justice League's Ray Fisher Calls Out DC Films President as a Dangerous Enabler, Won't Return as Cyborg

Ray Fisher is speaking out about his experience with an executive at DC Films, and it appears as if he’s done playing Cyborg.

In a tweet posted today (December 30), the Cyborg actor accused DC Films President Walter Hamada of being the “most dangerous kind of enabler.”

He wrote: “Walter Hamada is the most dangerous kind of enabler. He lies, and WB PR’s failed Sept. 4th hit-piece, sought to undermine the very real issues of the Justice League investigation. I will not participate in any production associated with him. A>E.”

Ray has been embroiled in a public dispute with the studios following allegations of misconduct by director Joss Whedon. He accused the director of racism and verbal abuse earlier this year.

WarnerMedia released a statement on December 11 about Ray‘s allegations, announcing the conclusion of their internal investigation.

In September, Ray‘s co-star Jason Momoa expressed support for the actor – read what he had to say.

Ray Fisher to Star in 'Women of the Movement' on ABC!

Ray Fisher is taking on a new role!

The 33-year-old Justice League star will co-star in ABC’s limited series Women of the Movement from Marissa Jo Cerar, Deadline reported Thursday (December 17).

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Ray Fisher

The six-episode series will premiere in 2021, and follows Mamie Till-Mobley (Adrienne Warren), who devoted her life to seeking justice for her son Emmett Till (Cedric Joe), following his brutal killing in the Jim Crow South.

Ray will play Gene Mobley, the man who would have been Emmett Till’s stepfather, if not for his murder.

“A devoted partner to Emmett’s mother, Mamie, Gene was considered the love of her life. They later married,” the outlet also reports of the role.

Gina Prince-Bythewood will direct the first episode of the limited series, which will feature a team of directors who are all women of color.

“It is an honor to be joining Women of the Movement’s powerful portrayal of Mamie Till-Mobley’s journey. To be in service of her story with so many talented women of color at the helm is truly a privilege. Mrs. Till-Mobley’s actions inspired the fight for fundamental change in our country, and her legacy will continue to serve as a much-needed reminder that a single person can indeed change the world,” he said in a statement.

WarnerMedia released a statement about the ongoing investigation involving Joss Whedon‘s treatment of cast and crew on the set of Justice League.Ray Fisher, who played Cyborg, first brought the claims to light earlier this year, accusing the director of racism and verbal abuse, among other things. Here’s an update…

Ray Fisher Responds to WarnerMedia's Investigation Probe Being Over: 'We’re On Our Way'

WarnerMedia released a statement about the ongoing investigation involving Joss Whedon‘s treatment of cast and crew on the set of Justice League.

Ray Fisher, who played Cyborg, first brought the claims to light earlier this year, accusing the director of racism and verbal abuse, among other things.

“Prior to Justice League’s reshoot process, blatantly racist conversations were had and entertained—on multiple occasions—by former and current top level executives at Warner Bros. Pictures,” Ray had stated. “Decision-makers that participated in those racist conversations were Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, and current Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich.”

Ray‘s co-star Jason Momoa also supported the claims in multiple social media posts.

Now, WarnerMedia sent out an alert to Ray and other members of press about the investigation probe.

There was something else that Ray accused Joss of during the movie shoot. See what it was here…

Ray will appear as Cyborg again in Zack Snyder‘s limited Justice League event. Find out more about it here!

Ray Fisher Claims Joss Whedon Digitally Altered an Actor's Skin Tone in 'Justice League,' Director Responds

Ray Fisher is elaborating on his claims against Justice League director Joss Whedon.

In a new interview with Forbes, the Cyborg actor said that Whedon digitally altered the skin tone of a person of a color in the superhero movie.

“What set my soul on fire and forced me to speak out about Joss Whedon this summer was my becoming informed that Joss had ordered that the complexion of an actor of color be changed in post-production because he didn’t like the color of their skin tone,” Ray said. “Man, with everything 2020′s been, that was the tipping point for me.”

Joss responded to the claims, through a spokesperson, who said, “The individual who offered this statement acknowledged that this was just something that he had heard from someone else and accepted as truth, when in fact simple research would prove that it was false. As is standard on almost all films, there were numerous people involved with mixing the final product, including the editor, special effects person, composer, etc. with the senior colorist responsible for the final version’s tone, colors, and mood. This process was further complicated on this project by the fact that [original director] Zack [Snyder] shot on film, while Joss shot on digital, which required the team, led by the same senior colorist who has worked on previous films for Zack, to reconcile the two.”

Ray also claimed there were “blatantly racist conversations” happening between studio execs at Warner Bros.

“Prior to Justice League‘s reshoot process, blatantly racist conversations were had and entertained — on multiple occasions — by former and current top level executives at Warner Bros. Pictures. Decision-makers that participated in those racist conversations were Geoff Johns, Jon Berg, and current Warner Bros. Pictures Group chairman Toby Emmerich,” he said in the Forbes interview. “I plan [on] getting much more specific about each of these guys after the investigation is over — this interview is just the abridged version.”

One of the Justice League stars recently spoke up to support Ray amid the claims he has made.

Zack Snyder to Film New Scenes for 'Justice League' Extended Cut & Will Bring Back Ray Fisher as Cyborg

Zack Snyder is reportedly set to film new footage for the extended cut of Justice League next month and will be bringing back Ray Fisher as Cyborg.

The Hollywood Reporter shared that the Snyder Cut has inspired a four-episode limited series on HBO Max and Ray will be returning for the series with Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Ray‘s shoot is expected to last a week or so in October.

The report is significant as Ray is currently in a battle with Warner Bros. over claims he, the cast and crew suffered abuse from Joss Whedon, who took over the film from Zack after a family tragedy in 2017.

Jason Momoa, aka Aquaman, backed up his claims twice.

Ray is also said to be in talks to have a cameo in The Flash stand alone movie.