- Ray Rice plans on appealing the decision to suspend him from the NFL indefinitely- US Weekly
- More updates on Kris Jenner‘s alleged stalker- TMZ
- Send your questions for teen singing sensation Jackie Evancho- Just Jared Jr
- Four Seasons songwriter Bob Crewe has died- Entertainment Weekly
- Latest news on George Clooney‘s wedding- Lainey Gossip
- Kristen Wiig sings “Let It Go” terribly- TooFab
- Listen to Gucci Mane‘s latest mixtape- MTV
- ESPN’s Hannah Storm delivers a powerful message to the NFL- Popsugar
Ray Rice - Latest News, Photos, and Videos
A law enforcement official played a 12-second voice mail for the AP which was sent on April 9 from an NFL office phone number. In the message, a female employee of the NFL confirms the video was received and says, “You’re right. It’s terrible.”
The NFL has repeatedly said that the organization never received the video after trying to obtain it earlier this year.
“We assumed that there was a video. We asked for video. But we were never granted that opportunity,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said.
Ray was initially suspended for two games following the incident in February, but after the video surfaced this week, he was cut from the Baltimore Ravens roster and suspended indefinitely by the NFL.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell gave an interview of CBS This Morning on Wednesday (September 10) and is fully opening up about the situation surrounding Ray Rice and his domestic violence-related suspension.
“I don’t rule that out, but we would have to be fully confident that he is addressing this issue. Clearly, he has paid a price for the actions that he has already taken,” Roger said about the potential for a Ray Rice return.
“I haven’t thought about that because right now, I think the focus is he’s got a lot of work to do, the family has a lot of work to do,” Roger said. “We’re going to obviously provide whatever resources we can to help them work through that. At the same time, we’re going to continue to try to implement our policies and our, our revised education and training so that we can get to people and help people and their families make the wiser decision — and know they have resources available.”
He also addressed the fact that they had asked to see the video of Ray beating up his wife Janay. “On multiple occasions, we asked for it. And on multiple occasions we were told no. I understand that there may be legal restrictions on them sharing that with us. And we’ve heard that from attorneys general and former attorneys general.”
Click inside to watch the video… More Here! »
“I have to be strong with my wife. She is so strong. We are in good spirits. We have a lot of people praying for us and we’ll continue to support each other. I have to be there for (Janay) and my family right now and work through this,” the 27-year-old former Baltimore Ravens player told ESPN.
Janay also talked to the network, saying “I love my husband. I support him. I want people to respect our privacy in this family matter.”
Make sure to read the statement that Janay released on Instagram today to defend her husband from the media.
Video surfaced this week of Ray beating Janay in a hotel elevator earlier in the year. He has now been cut from the Baltimore Ravens roster after the video was seen by his team.
“I woke up this morning feeling like I had a horrible nightmare, feeling like I’m mourning the death of my closest friend. But to have to accept the fact that it’s reality is a nightmare in itself,” Janay said. “No one knows the pain that the media & unwanted options from the public has caused my family. To make us relive a moment in our lives that we regret every day is a horrible thing. To take something away from the man I love that he has worked his ass of for all his life just to gain ratings is horrific.”
“THIS IS OUR LIFE! What don’t you all get. If your intentions were to hurt us, embarrass us, make us feel alone, take all happiness away, you’ve succeeded on so many levels. Just know we will continue to grow & show the world what real love is! Ravensnation we love you!” Janay concluded.
Ray Rice has officially been released from his contract with NFL team the Baltimore Ravens after a video surfaced showing the horrific domestic violence act against his now wife Janay Palmer. He’s also been suspended from the NFL, ESPN reports.
In the video, the 27-year-old football player can be seen totally knocking out his partner before dragging her out of an elevator.
“The #Ravens have terminated RB Ray Rice‘s contract this afternoon.” the Ravens tweeted just a few minutes ago.
Originally for the crime, Ray was suspended two games, but after the video surfaced, it was clear from fan outrage more needed to be done.
WHAT DO YOU THINK of Ray Rice’s termination??
New video has surfaced of Baltimore Ravens football player Ray Rice knocking out his wife (then fiancee) Janay Palmer in an elevator back in February at the Revel Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, NJ, which has sparked much controversy regarding his penalty from the NFL.
The video displays Ray, 27, punch Janay before she punches back. He then knocks her out, and drags her out of the elevator.
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell only gave Ray a two game suspension back in July, which has caused an outcry from the public. Roger admitted he “didn’t get it right” (via CBS News).
An NFL spokesperson told TMZ in a statement, “We requested from law enforcement any and all information about the incident, including the video from inside the elevator. That video was not made available to us and no one in our office has seen it until today.”
Ray and Janay got married one month after the attack.
The video of Ray and Janay‘s fight is available on TMZ, but is very violent.