- Friends remember Whitney Houston as being happy and “one of the girls” in the days before her death – FoxNews
- Katy Perry performs “Hey Jude” – Huffington Post
- Where in her hotel room did police find Whitney Houston‘s body? – TMZ
- The Jenner girls go out in search of their lost chihuahua – Just Jared Jr
- Check out ten years of Reese Witherspoon photos from the Oscars – Lainey Gossip
- Did Lindsay Lohan land a very expensive gift at a recent event? – The Superficial
- Jesse Metcalfe and his fiance go out on a dinner date – X17
- Check out Whitney Houston‘s best Grammy performances – Celebuzz
- Also check out news happening on The Frisky!
Whitney Houston News, Pictures, and Videos
Dianna Agron wears a cute double breasted coat as she leaves a hotel on Saturday (February 11) in Hollywood.
The 25-year-old Glee actress shared a photo she’d taken earlier in the week of her copy of the Bodyguard soundtrack, writing, “Literally took this Thursday at work. Thought it was clever, random. I AM a fan…now she is gone. Etta & Whitney. RIP”
Glee will be paying tribute to Whitney in Tuesday’s episode, “Heart” – Amber Riley will be performing “I Will Always Love You”.
Here’s the synopsis of “Heart”: In honor of Valentine’s Day, Will challenges the New Directions to find and perform the world’s greatest love songs. Meanwhile, Rachel’s two dads Hiram (Jeff Goldblum) and LeRoy Berry (Brian Stokes Mitchell) pay a visit to McKinley High.
FYI: Dianna is wearing a dot printed shirt dress in cream by Jason Wu for Target.
Clive Davis speaks onstage during his annual pre-Grammy gala held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday (February 11) in Beverly Hills, Calif.
The 79-year-old Chief Creative Officer of Sony Music Entertainment came out and said some nice words about Whitney Houston, then held a moment of silence before dedicating the night to her.
Tony Bennett opened the show. His first line was “we need to legalize drugs” in this country! Whitney was originally slated to open the show before she passed away earlier in the day at the age of 48.
10+ pictures inside of Clive Davis and friends celebrating the life of Whitney Houston… More Here! »
The 31-year-old singer was joined by her husband Swizz Beatz and skipped the red carpet to enter through the back door with Clive.
“I feel sick…. Life is precious, we are fragile souls. Let’s love each other! I miss you beautiful Whitney, the whole world misses you!!” Alicia tweeted after hearing the shocking news of Whitney Houston‘s death at the age of 48.
15+ pictures inside of Alicia Keys and Clive Davis arriving at his party… More Here! »
“I’m speechless…I’m in shock right now. Just pray for her and the family,” Chaka tweeted after hearing the shocking news.
Whitney was expected to attend and perform at Clive Davis‘ annual pre-Grammy gala tonight.
Also pictured inside: Jennifer attending a music preservation program on Saturday afternoon (February 11) at the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles.
The singer was found unresponsive in her hotel room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel by a member of her entourage. Paramedics were called and they tried to perform CPR on her, but it did not work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55PM PST, according to TMZ.
Whitney was to attend Clive Davis‘ annual party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel this evening. TMZ also reports that Whitney had spoken to her cousin Dionne Warwick and mother Cissy Houston just before her death about attending the party and that everything seemed fine.
While there have been no signs of foul play, a full investigation into Whitney‘s death has begun.
Here are some highlights of Whitney‘s career:
- Over 200 million albums sold worldwide
- Recipient of six Grammy Awards and twenty-six nominations
- Winner of twenty-two American Music Awards and thirty-eight nominations, more than any other female solo artist in history
- Only artist to chart seven consecutive Number One Billboard Hot 100 hits (“Saving All My Love for You”, “How Will I Know”, “Greatest Love of All”, “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)”, “Didn’t We Almost Have It All”, “So Emotional”, and “Where Do Broken Hearts Go”)
- First female artist to debut an album at number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart
- Appeared in four films, including 2012′s Sparkle
- Only artist with at least one Grammy, Emmy, MTV Video Music Award, MTV Movie Award, People’s Choice Award, and Billboard Music Award to their name.
“It’s still on,” a rep for the party tells JustJared.com.
“They are trying to pull together a memorial of sorts for grieving,” adds another source. “But they are trying to turn away as many people as possible.”
Whitney was to attend the party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel this evening. She was found unresponsive in her hotel room this afternoon and was later pronounced dead at the age of 48.