Top Stories

Nicki Minaj & Husband Kenneth Petty Allegedly Tried to Silence His Sexual Assault Victim (Report)

Nicki Minaj & Husband Kenneth Petty Allegedly Tried to Silence His Sexual Assault Victim (Report)

A new report suggests that Nicki Minaj and husband Kenneth Petty tried to silence his assault victim.

The bombshell report from The Daily Beast on Thursday (March 4) claims that the woman who Nicki previously said wrote a letter to a judge years ago attempting to recant the assault accusation against her husband was met with intimidation tactics.

In March of last year, Kenneth was arrested for failing to register as a sex offender in Los Angeles after moving.

According to The Blast, he was convicted of first degree attempted rape back in 1995 when he held a 16-year-old girl at knifepoint, and since then was required to register as a sex offender wherever he lives.

Using first name “Jennifer,” the woman said in the report that both she and Kenneth were 16 at the time of the assault, and denied Nicki’s claims of having sent a letter to a judge in an effort to take back her statement, alleging instead that “associates” of the couple have harassed her to do that. She also alleged that someone offered her hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of the couple.

Jennifer also said she moved multiple times last year due to safety concerns and has spoken with U.S. Marshals, who reportedly told her an investigation with evidence is underway. A source familiar with the conversation confirmed that to The Daily Beast, and said that the authorities called the investigation a “high-priority case.”

She also alleged a man named Barry, a man was allegedly friends with her brother when they were in school, reached out to her a few days after his 2020 arrest and said Nicki Minaj wanted to have a conversation with her. The conversation allegedly saw Nicki offering help with “anything you need,” including an invitation to be flown out to California.

“Listen. I just need you to know, woman to woman, this really happened,” Jennifer reportedly said to her.

After the conversation, Jennifer said her brother notified her that a man from New York had contacted their cousin in North Carolina with an offer of half a million dollars in exchange for speaking with Kenneth’s attorney. Barry allegedly urged her to recant her rape allegation, showing up outside her house with a $20,000 cash offer to put her signature on a letter.

She claims Barry wanted Nicki to appear at his daughter’s 16th birthday party, and her brother and cousin allegedly wanted Nicki to do a walkthrough promotion at a club so they could split the profit.

“For people out in the world to know that you can’t do stuff like this and get away with it. And for women who have been abused, for women who have been assaulted, for them to not live in fear of speaking their truth. No matter who the person is,” Jennifer said in the report.

For the full story, head to The Daily Beast.

Just Jared on Facebook
Photos: Getty
Posted to: Kenneth Petty, Nicki Minaj

JJ Links Around The Web

Photo of Private: JJ Links Around The Web
Getty Images
  • Prince Philip's cause of death has been announced - TMZ
  • Jesy Nelson reveals what led to her leaving Little Mix - Just Jared Jr
  • Jill Duggar's husband is very publicly slamming her family - TooFab
  • Joe Jonas shares rare comments about fatherhood - Just Jared Jr