Andy Samberg: I'm Leaving 'Saturday Night Live'

Andy Samberg: I'm Leaving 'Saturday Night Live'

Andy Samberg will not be returning to Saturday Night Live next season.

“It’s an incredibly emotional and strange moment in my life. Obviously it’s not a huge shock, but I did officially decide not to come back,” the 33-year-old comedian told the N.Y. Times.

Andy‘s decision to leave comes two weeks after Kristen Wiig gave her last performance on the show.

“She kept saying it just feels like it’s her time. I connect with that,” Andy said. “Something about it just feels like it’s the moment. My contract’s up and I did so much more than I ever thought I would ever even do.”

ARE YOU SAD Andy Samberg is leaving SNL?

Frazer Harrison/Getty

oh no! he will be missed. will suck without him and kristen. i will miss his digital shorts.

Well some things I like and some I don’t it just depends on what it is. Andy is a kind of give or take for me but I am still kinda bummed, are they still going to have digital shorts? I was upset that Kristen was leaving because she had a freak inside of her that I really loved I loved the Gilly, Denise, Secret Word, and just about every one of her routines so it was unfortunate for me but I feel like she will get bigger and I sure hope she does. I might watch SNL next year but the only ones left that I like are Jason and Bill so hopefully they don’t go…

The Brain @ 06/01/2012 at 8:20 pm

His level of “funny” is too hit or miss. At times he can bring the humor, but more often than not, it falls flat. The show has SUCKED for years so this is just one more reason to not even bother.

sweetness @ 06/01/2012 at 8:34 pm

he is nor funny enough that a movie with him will be a hit, he’ll always need a huge name starring alongside his.

Liverwurst @ 06/01/2012 at 9:00 pm

Pfft. Don’t let the door hit you in the **** on the way out.

olivia and popeye @ 06/01/2012 at 9:01 pm

Who is this?

sam and elliot @ 06/01/2012 at 9:02 pm

Well nice knowing ya…like we’ll ever hear about you again.

Some say tomato.. @ 06/01/2012 at 9:03 pm

He’s weird “funny”in an unmarketable way. I could live the rest of my life an never recall him again.

good luck to him. he seems like a pretty nice guy.

seriously @ 06/01/2012 at 9:54 pm

He was funnier in early SNL years, but lately you never see him unless in the Digital shorts. I think his time has passed after a while you’re just going through the motions and not pushing yourself creatively anymore. Good luck to him.

Dave Franco @ 06/02/2012 at 12:35 am

He ‘s 33? I thought he was 25.

ayo mick jagger come back, we need another farewell!!!!!!

No why! I hope not more people leave SNL.. the new ones just aren’t so funny. They are actually annoying..

he is the epitome of SNL, hes a fair funny dude, will be missed :(

I fully agree with dapne ! he is the epitome of snl .. :( NO MORE LONELY ISLAND DIGITAL SHORTS ?? NO MORE ‘GET IN THE CAGE ‘ ? this sucks !! -.- He along with Kristen wiig ( who also left ..her exist truly sucks as well ) are my top 2 snl players.. If Bill hader also leaves ….I’ll quit watching ……!! let’s hope the new players that will probably come along won’t suck like Vanessa Bayer ( who has been getting better but still..she is so stiff & quecard-reader-ish )

Snooze…who even watches SNL any more? Those liberals have no original sense of humor.