Christian Bale Visits Aurora Shooting Victims

Christian Bale Visits Aurora Shooting Victims

Christian Bale has paid a visit to the victims of last week’s tragic shooting at a Dark Knight Rises midnight showing in Aurora, Co.

The 38-year-old actor, who portrays Bruce Wayne/Batman in the film, took it upon himself to pay his respects and give well-wishes to the survivors.

Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers,” a rep for the studio told the Denver Post.

“Words cannot express the horror that I feel. I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them,” Christian previously said in response to the shootings.

Dark Knight Rises actress Anne Hathaway also released a statement about the shootings this week, saying: “My heart aches and breaks for the lives taken and altered by this unfathomably senseless act. I am at a loss for words how to express my sorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.”

Pictured inside: Anne spending the afternoon with her fiance Adam Shulman on Tuesday (July 24) in West Hollywood, Calif.

christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 01
christian bale visits aurora shooting victims 10

• Watch a trailer for Supernatural: Bloodlines- Entertainment Weekly
  • John Legend has a baby doppelganger- Huffington Post
  • Drake heads to a basketball game- Lainey Gossip
  • Sammy Braddy shows off her sexy lingerie - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All

that is awesome of him.!

GOOD PERSON.

What a nice thing to do. I’ve found a new respect for him.

/bow Mr. Bale

I’ll still eat you on a cracker btw

Good for him.

What a lovely thing for him to do. I’ve never believed he was the bad egg everyone made out to be.

Good for him. Thank you, Mr. Bale.

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 07/24/2012 at 6:02 pm

…great guy. celebrities don’t do things lika that often

What a wonderful thing to do. I’m sure he is a most welcome bright spot.

Great man. I hope this deflects attention away from that Terminator incident. Christian befriends an activist in China and now he visits shootings victims in hospital. He’s a cool man.

1 Christian Bale > All of the Kardashians.

It was about time one of them did that.

dave Franco @ 07/24/2012 at 6:08 pm

“Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers,”

No ****. He is showing respect for the victims. Good on bale!

lexy hates bilson @ 07/24/2012 at 6:09 pm

That was very nice of him but not needed. I don’t think anyone holds he or any of the movie people responsible!

notyourfriend @ 07/24/2012 at 6:10 pm

I have to say, he really made me change my mind about him, and i must say i forgive his anger rants from now on….

kellyLove @ 07/24/2012 at 6:16 pm

Glad he finally changed people’s minds.. I always knew he was a great person. That’s a very nice thing to do :)

I think he sometimes get a bad rep because of his temper, but he does things like this all the time–random acts of kindness.

And lexy hates bilson–he isn’t doing this because he thinks people hold the film responsible, he is doing this most likely because he figures if people took the time and money to attend a showing of Batman they probably like the series/films and some of the actors. It is a way to bring a little cheer into an otherwise dark and senseless act.

mrscruise-theex @ 07/24/2012 at 6:28 pm

first and for most he did it without any press…he could easily take a camerateam with him or shoot a couple of pics for people magazin….he is such a kind person hats of to you mr. bale

very very nice act

Healing Heart @ 07/24/2012 at 6:44 pm

@Ange:
That incident was just some obnoxious employee that illegally recorded
and then leaked out a tape of what should have been considered a private matter. Christian Bale had no reason to apologize for it. He was being ambushed by the media because some loser on the set for the Terminator wanted to hurt him publicly. I heard it was resolved on the set just as most friends who argue resolve their conflicts privately but sadly because Christian is a FAMOUS ACTOR someone on that set was not satisfied until he was publicly abused.

Classy and low key. Very nice.

Class act! My opinion of him has changed.

Very nice. I’m sure his visit meant a lot to the victims and their families.

He didn’t have to do this. He could have just as easily called and sent his well wishes over the phone but he showed up in person. I’ve never been much of a fan of Christian Bale or his movies but I am now and have a new found respect for him. As a Colorado resident, I’d like to thank him for showing these people that he cares and is thinking of them. That’s class!

I read the article in the Denver Post, and it said that he asked that the media not be present during his visit. And the one picture I’ve seen of him with a victim was apparently taken from the victim’s Facebook page.

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All