Ryan Gosling & Eva Mendes: 'How to Catch a Monster' Set!

Ryan Gosling & Eva Mendes: 'How to Catch a Monster' Set!

Ryan Gosling gets to work on his directorial debut How to Catch a Monster on Wednesday afternoon (May 1) in Detroit, Mich.

The 32-year-old actor’s girlfriend Eva Mendes is starring in the film alongside his Drive co-star Christina Hendricks. They were both spotted on set that day as well!

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Ryan Gosling

How to Catch a Monster, which is also written by Ryan, is about a single mother (Hendricks) who is swept into a dark underworld, while her teenage son discovers a road that leads him to a secret underwater town.

ryan gosling eva mendes how to catch a monster set 01
ryan gosling eva mendes how to catch a monster set 02
ryan gosling eva mendes how to catch a monster set 03
ryan gosling eva mendes how to catch a monster set 04
ryan gosling eva mendes how to catch a monster set 05

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

So happy that Christina has a lead role. Film has loads of potential.

They must do dirty things to each other

stunning couple

they are a cute couple. Love Ryan Gosling

RightyNow @ 05/02/2013 at 6:36 pm

He can do better Eva looks like a man in drag.

@RightyNow: oh please she is stunning. Latina women have more stunning faces & cheekbones then plain jane white egg headed women. FACT.

Eva is beautiful she reminds me of a Latina version of Cindy Crawford (who was drop dead stunning in her prime)

Congrats to the photographer on getting Eva and Ryan in the same frame!

@Livvy: iam surprised they didnt photoshop the other two people from the pic and named it “Ryan and Eva buying a house”.. you know Eva´s people LOOOVE to push it.

These two are NEVER seen together, standing beside each other in real life anymore. They go out of their way to stay as far away from each other as possible when out in public? What kind of relationship is that?
I still think something’s fishy with these two. Weirdest couple I have seen in a long time. I’m not jealous, I’m just stating an observation.

@plf: Sure many people find her physically attractive. To each their own. But I don’t agree with how she shocks her dog and never seems to want to stop mentioning how beautiful she is and how it’s such a burden.

Seriously? @ 05/02/2013 at 11:18 pm

First of all, I’ve read the script and unless it’s changed her character is physically in two scenes, so I wouldn’t call that ‘Starring” and second, I have a feeling that, since the paparazzi has finally located him, she will stay as close as possible to make sure she’s in the shots.

LaLa Lotte @ 05/02/2013 at 11:59 pm

Gosling making sure his best PR piece gets papped to hype his next movie. These two are so predictable and boring!

@Seriously?: The version that’s been circulating on the web is the first draft, so things have more than likely changed. I wouldn’t be surprised if Eva’s role has gotten a lot bigger.

say what you want about me not getting over and whose romantic fanatic fantasy still caught up in my head but it would’ve been better if it was rachel mcadams there!!! not eva! :( lol

Ryan.. still my favorite Hollywood dude.

And BTW, Only God Forgives looks like it is going to be one the best movie this year. Just great!!!

Eva is physically stunning whether you like her or you don’t. I was amazed at how beautiful she looked in The Place Beyond the Pines, dressed up like crap.

cheerfulg @ 05/03/2013 at 6:11 am

@plf: Looks like Eva’s pr team has finally caught on to the comment section. Good job you guys! Hey plf, just wanted to say thank for the shout out from a plain jane white egg headed woman or PJWEHW. Still trying to figure out what the acronym “FACT” stands for. Guess I am just a “STUPID” too.

alexa1dvh @ 05/03/2013 at 7:16 am

ryan is so sexyyyy….i love ryan so much!

Seriously? @ 05/03/2013 at 9:30 am

@Livvy: I’m sure it may have but I doubt it’s becoming a starring role as much as the media would like us to believe.

I’ve read the script too and I seriously hope it’s an early draft that’s been rewritten because the script was pretty awful IMO. He’s no writer.

@Anne:

Um, don’t tell who to find attractive idiot. You have seriously low standards if you thought she was attractive in that. She looked like an old, washed up *****. The movie was awful BTW She looks like a dud with a wig on to me.

He looks gross here, ew. Can’t wait to see him flop at directing!

Hilarious that Eva gets cast in yet another small thankless role, having to play the second fiddle friend role to a younger hotter bombshell by her own BOYFRIEND lol! I know she’s not a very sharp tool nor is she probably getting many offers but that’s a little insulting IMO.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All