Jennifer Lopez Returns to 'American Idol' Judging Panel!

Jennifer Lopez Returns to 'American Idol' Judging Panel!

Jennifer Lopez is returning as a judge for the upcoming thirteenth season of the hit show American Idol, sources confirm to Us Weekly!

The 44-year-old entertainer will be joined on the panel by fellow judge Keith Urban, who also just signed on to return.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer was absent from the panel this past season, but was a judge for the two previous seasons in 2011 and 2012.

Auditions for American Idol Season 13 are currently taking place with two judging spots still left to fill.

ARE YOU EXCITED to see Jennifer Lopez return as a judge on American Idol?

Credit: Slaven Vlasic; Photos: Getty
Posted to: American Idol, Jennifer Lopez

Frazer Harrison/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

That does it for me. Def not watching. Painful the last time! These producers haven’t learned anything. She can’t express a thought, fake sincerity, a bore and again it will be all about her! Plz!

The show is stale and no judge is going bring viewers back. Besides, she added nothing to the show when she was on.

Ugh! And they fired everyone for this? What a dumb move, Idol. Nobody wants her back. She started out promising, but quickly evolved into a producer’s puppet. I seriously cringe at the thought of another season of goosies & hi baby’s.

I still remember watch Leno when she was on and she said she NEVER wears the same thing twice. Arrogant greed. I won’t be watching her on ANYTHING.

Will idol ever learn? JLo helped drop ratings two years straight with all her phony comments and DIVA behavior. Goodbye American idol for good.

she’s back because she’s a flop

I really believe that this is a HUGE mistake. If they wanted to have a clean slate, you don’t hire someone who wasn’t successful the first time around. I also have trouble with the amount of money she is being paid. That turns me off immediately.

I haven’t watched American Idol since Simon Cowell left the judging panel. For me, the show changed from a talent competition to a popularity contest when Adam Lambert came in second.

The amount of money that FOX pays the judges is disgusting. Think about how much your child’s teacher is paid in comparison. It’s so sad.

NipItInTheBud @ 08/17/2013 at 1:23 pm

They’ve been throwing around names like Jennifer Hudson, Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken, Adam Lambert and Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am. as possible replacements for Mariah Carey, Randy Jackson and Nicki Minaj. Who wants to see a previous Idol contestant judge Idol? Not me..!!!. How about real seasoned artists like Madonna, Cher, Paul McCartney,Tina Turner, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Lionel Ritchie…????

NipItInTheBud….I agree & disagree. Only 2 previous Idols have the personality for it. They are Kelly, but she’s busy touring with Maroon5, and Adam Lambert, who would be fantastic…both great talents & likable personalities. Although talented, JHud has no personality, and Clay is not well liked. My choice of an ideal panel would be Keith, Adam and Cher….they’d be fun, funny & really helpful to the contestants. If they want a 4th judge, then Elton gets my vote.

Yay! I can start watching it again!

She’s fly and that show needs some flyness to it. I feel that this year though the producers will go back to the original formula of focusing on the competitors and trying to establish fanbases for each of them. It’s back to talking about these new up and comers. The judges are just there to add color commentary.

lolatoopointoh @ 08/17/2013 at 2:57 pm

HORRIBLE news. What a stupid decision.

We can all reflect back to when Simon and Paula left, and J-LO and Steven Tyler were 1st announced as the new Idol judges for the 2011 season, and how the public was against her being a Judge. Then public opinion changed when JLO appeared to be so nice and sweet in 2011. Then season 12 it was obvious that she was only there to “promote herself” and the public realized that she was blatantly using American Idol as a platform to showcase everything she was doing in her own career. So she got big-headed and felt she had it made and quit (or as rumor had it was fired when she demanded more money), and found out she wasn’t “all that” on her own, so she’s running back to IDOL. If she were so successful, believe me, she would not have to come back to a reality show.

Loved KEITH URBAN on there last year. Keith is a lot of fun and knows music inside and out. They say it isn’t about the judges, a lot of it is. Hope they get some one that likes to have a little fun kidding around.

She is coming back because she is desperate for publicity. Her last movie bombed and her last single was a flop, AI was her career after all.
But why AI wants her back is a mystery to me, she can’t sing, never offered any meaningful advice and never cared for the contestants. It was all about herself, her projects, her business deals, her boytoy etc. She will ruin the show!

I don’t think they need four judges. They mentioned Jennifer Hudson one time, hope not, maybe she can sing but she doesn’t have any personality.Kelley Clarkson would have been perfect with Keith, neither one has a big ego and they would have had fun together, which makes the audience have fun.

I gave up watching this past season when I learned Nicki was going to be a judge. I will definitely not be watching this season with the return of JLo. As many have commented already JLo is all about herself and I agree this is a bad decision and certainly will not bring me back as a viewer. I do like Keith Urban as a performer and heard he was a decent judge. When I heard some other names like Kelly Clarkson and Adam Lambert being thrown out there as potential judges I would have given Idol another shot, but definitely a big NO from me with this decision of bringing back JLo. When she was a judge before I got so I was sick of seeing her not only on AI, but everywhere. It should be about the talent and helping them improve and not about the judges and promoting their careers. I can only imagine how much they will be paying her and imo she is not worth it.

wetback lookingKardashian. @ 08/17/2013 at 5:46 pm

I think she was great as judge and seems to really enjoy her role.

It’s funny how the jealous dinosaurs don’t want her back, but the real Idol fans do.

Katie Couric @ 08/17/2013 at 5:54 pm

I will be watching for sure. Miss JLo is personable, fun, charming and cool. Not a stuck up Bi!ch like Kim Kardashian.

I think Keith Urban is like the perfect judge because he knows about music and he’s genuinely interested on contestans… he hasn’t a big ego he’s so down to earth and a really good mentor. About JLo I’m not sure, I mean I was expecting someone like Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood… Maybe Cher… If JLo quit or was fired I don’t know why she’s coming back. I hope the third judge is better

Idolfan19 @ 08/17/2013 at 6:30 pm

Jenny is the perfect judge because she connects with the contestants and gives them guidance according to their individual needs and their genre. She has stage presence, and is business savvy, also a great inspiration to women and men who wish to be strong enough to remain in the business.

Jamie Yearout @ 08/18/2013 at 12:20 am

Surprised this show is on the air still. Stopped watching it when Simon and Paula Abdul left – they made that show.

KEITH URBAN was great on American Idol last year, he made it watchable. Kelley Clarkson would have been great with Keith, they both know music and they don’t have big egos.

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All