Naya Rivera's Disappearance: Police Rule Out Suicide, Think It Was a Tragic Accident

Naya Rivera's Disappearance: Police Rule Out Suicide, Think It Was a Tragic Accident

Another day has passed in the investigation into the disappearance of Naya Rivera and police say they believe it was a tragic accident.

There are some people speculating that the 33-year-old Glee actress may have committed suicide, but the authorities are shutting this down and say there’s no evidence for that to be true.

Naya went missing on Wednesday (July 8) while spending an afternoon on a boat on Lake Piru in southern California. Her four-year-old son Josey was found sleeping on the boat with Naya nowhere to be found. He told authorities that she was swimming and never returned to the boat.

Sgt. Kevin Donoghue told People that Naya‘s disappearance appears to be accidental.

“We interviewed her son and there was nothing that we learned from her son that would have suggested that this was suicide. Everything that we’ve learned so far leads to this being some sort of water recreational accident,” he said.

“To say definitively what actually happened, we really can’t say. We just don’t know, it’s a mystery,” Donoghue added. “We’re still investigating, we’re still searching. We’re trying to uncover clues as we go. But so far, we really don’t have a lot of information to make any guesses as to what could have happened.”

He also said that it’s unclear if Josey climbed back into the boat himself or if Naya helped him back in. He said, “I know she was in the water. I don’t know if she helped him back on the boat. That I don’t know.”

The conditions in Lake Piru are making it difficult for the rescue crew to find Naya, but they used a scanning sonar on Friday to “paint pictures of the lake bed floor.”

“The conditions aren’t like they are in the ocean, where you can have some places really clean, clear water. In lakes, typically the closer you get to the bottom of the lake, the less visible it is,” Donoghue said. “So if she’s resting at the bottom of the lake, she’s probably resting somewhere where there’s zero visibility.”

New details about the new custody agreement between Naya and ex-husband Ryan Dorsey were just revealed.

Luke Evans Confirms There Are At Least Three Episodes Written For Gaston & Le Fou 'Beauty & The Beast' Spinoff

Luke Evans Confirms There Are At Least Three Episodes Written For Gaston & Le Fou 'Beauty & The Beast' Spinoff

Luke Evans is opening up about what’s to come with the Beauty and The Beast spinoff centered on Gaston and Le Fou.

The 41-year-old actor spoke with Collider about what fans can expect to see in the show and that songs from Alan Menken, who composed Beauty and the Beast‘s score, would be included.

“We’re in fully fledged development,” he shared. “The second and third episodes have been written and we’ve heard some of the music by Alan Menken. We’re just so honored to have him on board, writing the music, which is extraordinary, in itself.”

Luke adds that “we feel so lucky to have this talented group of people creating a story about two much loved and much hated characters, but that’s the excitement. There are a lot of questions about, where we will start? What we will tell? Who are these people? When you visit them, where will they be? So, it’s going to be a really fun experience. Me and Josh are literally vibrating with excitement to shoot it.”

He also opened up about how he and Josh Gad came up with the concept for the series.

“Josh and I, even when we were working on Beauty and the Beast, I recall, as two human beings, we liked each other a lot. We made each other laugh, we respected each other’s talent, and we had a great time. Even then, we were talking about what we could do and wanting to find another project. We’ve been searching, for the last several years, projects and scripts and ideas and concepts,” he says.”

Luke continued, “In the back of our minds, we definitely had thoughts about revisiting Gaston and LeFou in a different story, obviously. So, when the idea really came to fruition and we got on board some incredible writers, and Josh, especially, had an incredible idea that, once it was born, it just flew itself. And when we pitched the idea to Disney+, they were very excited about it.”

News first broke about the spinoff earlier this year and is said to feature six episodes to air on Disney+.

Devon Windsor Shot Her Swim Collection Look Book in Quarantine with Her Husband as Photographer!

Devon Windsor Shot Her Swim Collection Look Book in Quarantine with Her Husband as Photographer!

Devon Windsor just launched the second season of her Devon Windsor Swim collection and we have the full look book for you to check out!

The 26-year-old model and designer shot the look book during in quarantine with her husband Johnny Barbara as the photographer. The couple tied the knot back in November in St. Barts. (See the stunning photos from the wedding!!!)

The first drop of the collection happened a couple weeks ago and Devon celebrated with a post on Instagram.

“Thank you guys for an amazing launch day for the first drop of the new @devonwindsor Summer collection! I am so honored and happy you guys love it so much! I can’t wait to see you rocking it!!” she wrote.

You can shop all of the looks now on Devon‘s website.

80+ pictures inside from Devon Windsor‘s swimsuit collection… More Here! »

devon windsor swim collection bikini 01
devon windsor swim collection bikini 02
devon windsor swim collection bikini 03
devon windsor swim collection bikini 04
devon windsor swim collection bikini 05

From Our Friends

Photo:Getty
Jada Pinkett Smith is in the headlines right now after a famous music star claimed that he has been having an affair with her for years... with Will Smith's permission. The accusation has already been denied by Will's team, but it seems Jada is getting ready to speak out now. Get the scoop on what has been going on...

Zac Efron Fans Are Calling Him 'Daddy' Now - Here's Why!

Zac Efron Fans Are Calling Him 'Daddy' Now - Here's Why!

Zac Efron has a new nickname from his fans – daddy!

The 32-year-old actor just launched his new Netflix travel series Down to Earth with Zac Efron and he has a new rugged look in the show.

Zac traveled around the world with wellness expert Darin Olien in search of healthy, sustainable ways to live and they brought along a camera crew to make the new show.

Eight episodes of the show are streaming now on Netflix and a screencap from the season finale is going viral thanks to Zac‘s new look. He’s seen going shirtless with a bushy beard while exploring the Amazon rainforest.

“Zac Efron is a daddy now? 2020 is a wild f–king ride,” a tweet from @drewalanscott reads.

Another fan’s tweet read, “there’s a new Netflix show with Zac Efron looking muscular and daddy af oh my god.”

Click inside to see all of the best tweets about Zac Efron… More Here! »

Robert De Niro Says His Finances Are Strained Due To Coronavirus

Robert De Niro Says His Finances Are Strained Due To Coronavirus

Robert De Niro is reportedly financially hurting because of the coronavirus pandemic.

During an emergency order hearing, it was revealed that his estranged wife Grace Hightower has asked for a raise in her credit limit on her monthly American Express card from $50,000 to $100,000 – however, the 76-year-old actor isn’t able to afford it.

Robert‘s lawyer says that the credit limit cut was because of a “huge financial hit as the restaurant chain Nobu and Greenwich Hotel, both of which he has stakes in, have been closed or partially closed for months with barely any business.”

Caroline Krauss explained to a judge that Nobu lost $3 million in April and another $1.87 million in May, and Robert has had to pay investors $500,000 on a capital call, which he borrowed money from his business partners to make, “because he doesn’t have the cash.”

“His accounts and business manager says that the best case for Mr. De Niro — if everything starts to turn around this year — he is going to be lucky if he makes $7.5 million this year,” she added.

Robert and Grace‘s prenuptial agreement says that as long as he’s making $15 million or more in income, and if his income declines, his payments to her proportionally do too.

However, Grace‘s lawyer, Kevin McDonough isn’t buying the excuse.

“Mr. De Niro has used the COVID pandemic, my words would be, to stick it to his wife financially,” he said. “I’m not a believer that a man who has an admitted worth of $500 million and makes $30 million a year, all of a sudden in March he needs to cut down [spousal support] by 50 percent and ban her from the house.”

The judge ultimately ruled that Robert should keep Grace’s credit card limit at $50,000 a month and pay her $75,000 so she can find a summer home for their two kids while he stays in his compound in upstate New York with his other children.

Grace and Robert announced they were separating back in 2018.

JJ Links Around The Web

Getty Images
  • Julian Edelman reacts to the anti-Semitic comments made by another football player - TMZ
  • Simone Biles doesn't actually know how many medals she has - Just Jared Jr
  • Courtney Stodden is calling out Brian Austin Green as a "womanizer" - TooFab
  • This huge star says Halle Bailey will be "incredible" in The Little Mermaid - Just Jared Jr

HBO Cancels 'Run', Starring Domnhall Gleeson & Merritt Weaver, After Just One Season

HBO Cancels 'Run', Starring Domnhall Gleeson & Merritt Weaver, After Just One Season

There will be no second season of Run on HBO.

The romantic thriller series, starring Domnhall Gleeson and Merritt Weaver, will not be moving forward with any new episodes for a season two, Deadline reports.

The announcement was revealed after a lengthy conversation with showrunner Vicky Jones and the network, where they discussed moving production to Los Angeles.

“After exploring potential ways of continuing Ruby and Billy’s journey, together with showrunner Vicky Jones, we have come to the decision that we will not be moving forward with a second season of Run,” HBO said in a statement.

The show centered on Ruby, whose humdrum life is thrown upside down when she receives a text from her college sweetheart inviting her to drop everything.

If you didn’t see, this other popular program was also just cancelled too.

Angelina Jolie Calls Daughter Zahara an 'Extraordinary African Woman'

Angelina Jolie Calls Daughter Zahara an 'Extraordinary African Woman'

Angelina Jolie is opening up about her 15-year-old daughter Zahara!

The Oscar-winning actress participated in a Time100 Talk with Ugandan climate activist Vanessa Nakate, who Angelina credits as one of her heroes.

“My daughter is from Ethiopia, one of my children. And I have learned so much from her. She is my family, but she is an extraordinary African woman,” Angelina said while discussing the Black Lives matter movement.

“Her connection to her country, her continent, is very — it’s her own and it’s something I only stand back in awe of,” she added.

Angelina and her ex-husband Brad Pitt are the parents of six kids – Maddox, 18, Pax, 16, Zahara, 15, Shiloh, 14, and 11-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne.

In a recent interview, Angelina opened up about her hopes to honor the “roots” of her adopted children.

angelina jolie on daughter zahara 01
angelina jolie on daughter zahara 02
angelina jolie on daughter zahara 03
angelina jolie on daughter zahara 04
angelina jolie on daughter zahara 05