Mariah Carey Announces New Album, 'Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse'

Mariah Carey Announces New Album, 'Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse'

Mariah Carey has just revealed that her new album will be called Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse!

The album is based on her “first and only self-portrait,” which is also the back cover of the album. “Please don’t judge me for such a simplistic title. Come on, I was only three and a half,” she says in a video revealing the album.

“Along the way there have been a couple nicknames and I’ve inadvertently embodied many personas. Lately, they’ve been calling me the elusive chanteuse,” Mariah adds.

The new album will be hitting digital and physical retailers on May 27!

Me. I Am Mariah… The Elusive Chanteuse. New Album 5/27

Click inside to read the tracklisting for Mariah Carey‘s new album…

Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse tracklisting:

1. Cry.
2. Faded
3. Dedicated (feat. Nas)
4. #Beautiful (feat. Miguel)
5. Thirsty
6. Make It Look Good
7. You’re Mine (Eternal)
8. You Don’t Know What To Do (feat. Wale)
9. Supernatural (With Special Guest Stars “Dembabies” a.k.a. Ms. Monroe & Mr. Moroccan Scott Cannon a.k.a. Roc ‘N Roe)
10. Meteorite
11. Camouflage
12. Money ($ * / …) (feat. Fabolous)
13. One More Try
14. Heavenly (No Ways Tired/Can’t Give Up Now)
15. It’s a Wrap (feat. Mary J. Blige) [Deluxe edition]
16. Betcha Gon’ Know (feat. R. Kelly) [Deluxe edition]
17. The Art of Letting Go [Deluxe edition]
18. Me. I Am Mariah…The Elusive Chanteuse

mariah carey announces new album me i am mariah 01
mariah carey announces new album me i am mariah 02
mariah carey announces new album me i am mariah 03

Getty

lady gaga @ 05/01/2014 at 1:27 am

still a flop

@lady gaga: @lady gaga:
This post isn’t about you

she narrates well…loved listening to the audio.

Can’t wait….the queen is backkk

Bye hoe that title is too extra
I hate her personality I really do.

Cringeworthy... @ 05/01/2014 at 2:50 am

Mariah is stuck in the 90′s, her music & look is still the same.

That’s why she’ll never be big again.

Her new album cover is so dated, same old poses & even worse she’s been photoshopped so much it’s embarrassing for her…..lol.

I am Photoshop

Love it! Can’t wait to hear all the songs

Pepperina @ 05/01/2014 at 5:16 am

@Cringeworthy…: What are you talking about, she’s trying to recreate another Emancipation of Mimi, a in her 40s version if you will. The Mariah from the 90s (especially early 90s) is long gone and was a more mature (ironically younger) version of her who let the voice do the talking. She’s regressed as she’s got older, tried to change it up by making herself more childishly melodramatic.

SHE GETS MORE AND MORE MENTAL

She has an amazing voice but still full of her dam ugly self.

Will anyone buy it ??? Her sickening personality ruins her talent. She could get away with it when she was younger but at this age her antics in her marriage for example (sickening) valentines day, her bathtub scenes, some things you keep to yourself, no one wants to see it !!!

@Cringeworthy…:

I wish her music was stuck back in the 90′s! That’s when she was great! Mariah shelved that talent years ago after she divorced the Sony exec. She tried to go all r&b/rap and has failed every since, to me. Honey and maybe 1 or 2 songs but I couldn’t tell you anything she put out beyond that.

Now she definitely needs to update her look which is tired and boring. However, she needs to stop trying to appeal to the masses and get back to being a songtress.

thank god mariah can sing. she’s the ugliest pop star (besides lady gaga)

JustChill'n @ 05/01/2014 at 11:24 am

Aaa… NO! Been there; done that. Time to move on. Next please!

I love her voice. She is an amazing singer

Me. I am Mariah…and this another mega flop.

she should be banned from the music industry for ok-ing this photo . it reminds me of all the Carl’s jr hamburger commercials, they look out of this world in the TV commercials until you actually go to the restaurant and buy one and you look at it like WTF is this ?

HAHAHAHA!! @ 05/01/2014 at 5:03 pm

@fat fat:

Good one and very true!

Her photoshopping is getting pathetic. We all know she looks nothing like that in real life.

@Cringeworthy…: She doesn’t know how to change. Madonna criticized her years ago for that, and she still didn’t get the message that you have to reinvent yourself every once in awhile to keep your fans from getting bored. She has absolutely no clue as to how she comes across to the public. She think’s she’s still 25 years old.

Francine Maldonado Arce @ 05/02/2014 at 10:50 am

I love your Voice and songs however You need to use less photoshop is to obvious !

I don’t care about her personality or cover album. I’m here for her music. Mariah is a great singer and makes decent music. She has the right to flaunt her body or do anything to make her look better. If you love her music in the nineties, then stick to that. Mariah’s recent music is still good in my opinion so I’ll but her new album. Good luck, Mimi…