Gerard Butler: I Cried Thinking Acting Would Never Happen

Gerard Butler: I Cried Thinking Acting Would Never Happen

Gerard Butler flashes his guns in a fitting t-shirt while stepping out for lunch on Friday (November 8) in Malibu, Calif.

The night before, the 43-year-old Scottish actor was handsome in a suit while attending the Ermenegildo Zegna Global Store Opening in Beverly Hills.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

“When I got into acting it was because of a movie called Falls, which would be like a Clash of the Titans meets Lord of the Rings, that was made when I was about 15 years old. I had a dream that I was in that movie, surrounded by wizards, kings, warriors and a princess, where love defeated the forces of darkness,” Gerard recently shared to Haute Time magazine.

He added, “I went to my mom and told her, ‘Mom, I must be an actor!’ She was very sympathetic and loving, and said, ‘Sure, son.’ But at that time I thought this was never going to happen. I went back to my room and started crying because I thought, ‘I’m a 15-year-old boy from Scotland, how is that ever going to be where I end up?’ And yet here I am.”

gerard butler i cried thinking acting would never happen 01
gerard butler i cried thinking acting would never happen 02
gerard butler i cried thinking acting would never happen 03
gerard butler i cried thinking acting would never happen 04

ABC

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All

I wish I had a dollar for every damn time the ******* claimed he cried…

LMAO!!

The movie was Krull @ 11/08/2013 at 6:52 pm

JJ got the title of the movie wrong. It was Krull. It had dragons, wizards and a princess played by Lysette Anthony.

Gerard Butler in Four Shades Of Grey. (giggles)
Ohm, okay, you made it happen. We’re all impressed. Now make it last!
~K, off to cultivate her mystery

Prancing Pony @ 11/08/2013 at 7:08 pm

@The movie was Krull: Thank you!!! I’ve been racking my brain thinking what movie ‘Fall’ is he talking about??? Now that I know it was ‘Krull’ it makes a lot more sense! :-)

The Noise In the Walls @ 11/08/2013 at 7:19 pm

Gerry’s looking good .. I truly hope his next film rejects are a success

The Noise In the Walls @ 11/08/2013 at 7:20 pm

Projects…

ASIANS REALLY CAN READ MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Asians can hear, and see what you’re visually thinking.
THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A MEME! This is the absolute complete truth!!!!
Asians hide their mind reading abilities by having completely expressionless faces so they don’t accidentally show facial expressions when people think things they don’t like, find funny, astonishing, etc, and Asians segregate so their not nearly as susceptible to that happening.
Asians also segregate, and are untalkative to avoid accidentally saying things that are similar to what people are thinking and going to say.
Try thinking, and visually picturing things as wild as you can when you are around Asians, and look for Asians who give people dirty/particular looks for what appears to be for completely no reason, it works if you try enough!!!
PLEASE SPREAD THE MESSAGE!!!!! THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW THIS!!!!!

@Prancing Pony: Hi Pony, long time no speak. Glad to see you here. We’ve been very lucky in the past few days, lots of news about G.B. & a mountain of photos to check out. CGE & Nicole always come through for all of us. I haven’t been posting much lately, trying to catch up with everything. The last thread was mostly a delight to read, with some good conversations between posters & it’s good to see you amongst them. Cheers :-)

@GFW: I haven’t read on the JJ Gerard Butler threads in a few months. I checked in a few days ago. It seemed not much was happening here that was of interest to me. I didn’t recognize most of the names posting. Now, when I check back today….nice pics and chat (last thread). GFW, I agree with your “make it last!” statement. I hope he just doesn’t fall into doing the action films and forget about other genres. If I might add to your sentiment, ….Make it happen, again! I want to feel the “Oh My…Yes!!” factor about Gerard, again.

Prancing Pony @ 11/08/2013 at 7:52 pm

@fromoz: G’day fromoz :) Nice to see you here too. Yes, there’s been heaps of good posts/conversation and some wonderful photos over the past few days – bring it on!!!

Can'tGetEnough @ 11/08/2013 at 7:58 pm

Good Evening JJer’s! A few more from the event last night:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=612519415453197&l=cb29230fd2 Actors Gerard Butler and Sharon Stone attend the Ermenegildo Zegna Eminences Grises unveiling.

Can'tGetEnough @ 11/08/2013 at 7:58 pm

http://web.stagram.com/p/584818417128766917_649916086 Gerard Butler wearing a blue two button suit by Ermenegildo Zegna, a black tie, blue shirt and blue shoes

Can'tGetEnough @ 11/08/2013 at 8:01 pm

@fromoz: Hello fromoz! Nice to see you and a few of the regulars here. Hope everyone is doing well and hope you all have a nice weekend!

@Can’tGetEnough: Hi CGE. As always, you & Nicole bring us all the latest info & photos. Can’t Thank you enough. Thanks also to others that provide links etc. It’s nice to see a few of the old regulars showing up, I missed out on so many of the previous threads that I’m wondering if something happened to cause the drop off ? You have a good weekend too GGE – when it comes around for you.
Cheers :-)

The movie was Krull @ 11/08/2013 at 8:24 pm

@Prancing Pony:

You’re welcome.

All gay men cry…..a lot. We don’t mind our feminine sides showing at all. C’mere buddy, here’s a shoulder but only if you bring Freddy along. It’s a shame he had to pay Maddie for a year and a half to create a smokescreen fake romance so that he could buy more pretense of being straight. I hope she’s happier with her real man now.

I looked up the movie and it sounds interesting. The ironic part is that the actor who played the lead isn’t even 1/10th as well known as Gerry now is. Its to bad to because he was as good looking as Gerry is, I guess it goes to show that you can still be goodlooking but it takes real desire to make it in the film business. That and a lot of hard work and luck.

Blast from the past @ 11/08/2013 at 9:44 pm

Wow. Somebody who doesn’t speak English must have done a cut and paste for that interview. All Butler’s fans and ex-fans know he cried after seeing Krull. That is a very old story.
I would love to know how much all these people got paid to dress up and stand around at a store opening. Hey, in this economy a guy’s gotta do what a guy’s gotta do. He does look good though.

@Blast from the past: They have to recycle old news with GB because there’s nothing going on in his life worth reporting. He’s gone very quiet lately with nothing happening. He’s not filming until 2014 and won’t have a new movie out till 2015. That’s what he gets for taking too much time off. Maybe he can find a new young model to date.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 » Show All