Cast of Guardians Of The Galaxy - Just Jared Spotlight

Jason Momoa: 'Conan' in Theaters this Summer!

Jason Momoa: 'Conan' in Theaters this Summer!

Jason Momoa gives a menacing look in this still from the upcoming flick Conan the Barbarian.

Pic is “the tale of Conan the Cimmerian and his adventures across the continent of Hyboria on a quest to avenge the murder of his father and the slaughter of his village.”

Rose McGowan, Rachel Nichols, and Ron Perlman also star in this remake of the 1982 Arnold Schwarzenegger film.

Conan the Barbarian hits theaters on August 19, 2011.

Photos: Simon Varsano
Posted to: Jason Momoa, Shirtless

John Parra/Getty

SICK OF REMAKES @ 01/02/2011 at 8:13 am

Dude looks like a wanna be Conan. Arnold was like 3 times this size. Won’t be wasting my $$ on this. When will Hollyweird get back to making original films with solid storylines & characters with depth?

I forgot about this movie coming out. It’s going to be an amazing year for movies can’t wait.

Brightside @ 01/02/2011 at 12:17 pm

Not a patch on the Cimmerian that Arnold gave us! Looks more like Conan the Neanderthal than Conan the Barbarian. Another HW remake disappointment!

The Original Look @ 01/02/2011 at 12:48 pm

He looks like the original comic Conan R E Howard drew up. Arnold was only 6′-1″

I can’t wait for this movie to come out. I’m so in love with Jason Momoa I can’t stand it. Jason is the perfect Conan according to the original description from the author R E Howard. Not to mention Jason looks the part physically, and he is a good actor. No offence to the governator and what he brought to the movie version.
I will always support Jason and his beautiful family.

Hot!

Jason is 6 ’4. Arnold is 6 ft.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jason a couple years ago and he’s an amazing, sweet guy. He does charity work and is just lovely. Not to mention he’s a very talented actor…and hot as hell. Go Jason…I will definitely be seeing this film!

laverdadduele @ 01/02/2011 at 11:08 pm

I’m sorry, but Connan IS Arnold. Sick and tired of all the remakes. Next!

I agree Arnold is Conan the Barbarian but this guy doesn’t look bad at all he’s definitely got the intensity.

Kastagari @ 01/03/2011 at 5:33 am

@SICK OF REMAKES: Maybe when people stop basing whether or not they’ll see a film on how big the lead actor’s muscles are?

@SICK OF REMAKES:

This is not a remake. Its a new version of the REH material John Milius pissed all over. Sadly, its another water sport. But all the same, its not a remake.

BTW- Arnold was too big to be a guy who lives in the wild; Conan should have functional muscles- ie muscles he got from living a strenuous life that does not involve pushing a wheel. a good example of functional muscles is Jake Gyllenhaal in Prince of Persia.

I was hoping he’d have his dreads in for the role. No matter, he still looks good.

Roj Blake @ 01/08/2011 at 4:56 pm

Arnold is Conan, I doubt this will come anywhere near as good.

Looking forward to seeing this movie. I am a Jason fan for sure. He is a good actor…Game of Thrones fan!!! I don’t know why people are comparing him to Arnold. From what I gather Jason looks more the part . Also, this is not a remake. Conan is not a film I would normally go see but in this case I will…..Go Jason.

arnold has a unique screen presence but his conan wasn’t very accurate. Jason looks the part and certainly has the acting chops to pull it off. Hopefully the rest of the cast is as strong, i know Perlman won’t disappoint! looking forward to it.