Gisele Bundchen - MET Ball 2011

Gisele Bundchen - MET Ball 2011

Gisele Bundchen shares a kiss with husband Tom Brady at the MET Ball held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art on Monday (May 2) in New York City.

The 30-year-old Brazilian model wore a smoking red Alexander McQueen ballgown as a tribute to the late designer.

“When I was 17, McQueen gave me my first big break by booking me for his fashion show,” Gisele said. “Doing his show opened many doors for my career. I am excited to be wearing one of his designs to honor his legacy.”

Over the weekend, Gisele kicked off the pre-MET Ball festivities with Harry Josh‘s 10th Annual Spring Fling. Of course Harry did her hair for the MET Ball!

The event is hosted by honorary chairs Salma Hayek, her husband Francois-
Henri Pinault
, and co-chairs Colin Firth, designer Stella McCartney and Vogue editor Anna Wintour.

gisele met ball red 01
gisele met ball red 02
gisele met ball red 03
gisele met ball red 04

Photos: Getty
Posted to: 2011 MET Ball, Alexander McQueen, Gisele Bundchen

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All

@CulverMcCall: Tom Brady and Giselle just got here . Crowd goes wild

Hasn’t this dress been done before?

She is THE ONE!!!

Is she expecting?? usually has a super flat tummy. Rocks the dress. Tom looks like he is trying too hard.

How stunning Gisele looks! Yummy couple,,

Maravilhosa Gisele, sempre!!!

Maravilhosa Gisele, sempre!!!

hes hot, but I don’t like His hair

AlistersOnly @ 05/02/2011 at 11:50 pm

Bridget wasn’t invited? lol…

She was perfect!

Stun-NING!!

She looks beautiful! The dress is amazing!

She looks amazing. Of course it helps when your tall, thin and beautiful, but all those celebrity starlets should take note: simple, clean and elegant. You don’t need all the spangles, sequins, and whatever else the designer stick on those tacky dresses.

Oh - my, my @ 05/03/2011 at 2:25 am

She is effortlessly beautiful. This is my favourite hairstyle on her. Stunning! Also, she wore McQueen, which shows she is considerate and has the class to match her beauty. Not everyone there tonight honoured this genius designer in the same way. Way to go Gisele! (sigh) Will you save Leo from that BARn animal please? Pretty please? Isn’t there something you can do?

forcheapsake @ 05/03/2011 at 7:40 am

I was shocked at how little McQueen was worn! It was his night to be honored!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Gisele! I understand his crazy couture pieces were unwearable due to being displayed at the museum. Which Gisele could have undoubtedly 100% pulled off as well.

MangerBouger @ 05/03/2011 at 7:57 am

Simply gorgeous !

See, this is a great example of how you’re supposed to dress/look at these events: pretty smile, flawless make up, nice hair and great dress. She’s definitely high up on my list for best dressed!

Even though the dress was really quite simple there’s this elegance that she carries it with that elevates from just being another dress (albeit a McQueen) to a show stopper. STUNNING!

I don’t really like the dress. It looks like a cheap prom dress to me. There were so many more interesting dresses than this one. Her hair looks nice, but she has gotten way too skinny. She looked much nicer with a few more pounds on.

candycane @ 05/03/2011 at 9:34 am

amazing beauty.. What Miranda Kerr? Gisele leaves all those boyish little VS models in the dust.

thelastsupermodel @ 05/03/2011 at 9:59 am

Her power and presence on a red carpet is astonishing! Show them girls how to pose and be poised Mrs Bundchen!

can’t wait to see Gisele’s stunning shots in the next Vogue! and on the next Vogue book cover and Met Gala covers. amazing Supermodel.

Anne laure bernard @ 05/03/2011 at 10:39 am

absolutely stunning!

Breathtaking! She is always flawless on the red carpet!!!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 » Show All