Gerard Butler: Surfing Accident Was A 'Close Call'

Gerard Butler: Surfing Accident Was A 'Close Call'

Gerard Butler ducks out of The Box nightclub on Friday (January 6) in London, England.

The night before, the 42-year-old Scottish actor attended a special screening of his new movie Coriolanus.

Gerard also recently appeared on The Graham Norton Show where he talked about his scary surfing accident while filming his other movie, Of Men and Mavericks, in Northern California.

“[The waves] just took me in, and I couldn’t get up. It was pretty hairy. It was maybe of of the few times that reports were not exaggerated. It was a pretty close call,” he shared.

“I was actually in the ambulance and wanted to go back, which was a little crazy. But [surfing is] pretty addictive,” Gerry added.

FYI: Gerard is wearing Joe’s Classic Fit with Rogue‘s leather biker jacket.

gerard butler box nightclub 01
gerard butler box nightclub 02
gerard butler box nightclub 03
gerard butler box nightclub 04
gerard butler box nightclub 05

Ethan Miller/Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 732 » Show All

Love you Gerry. Bless You. May you live a long life :)

So glad he’s ok.

too old to keep getting trashed at clubs, stop already

OMG. He looked like he needs an intervention.
very sad.
I just saw him on TV last night in Lara Croft and this looks like a beaten sad old man compared.
He is a young man stil.
Gerard time to put down the stuff.

too old to keep getting trashed at clubs, stop already

I hope that he feels well!

Marie.Devereux @ 01/07/2012 at 12:31 pm

I’m glad that he is doing much better. Here’s hoping he takes a little more precaution next time in the water, because you never know, and God forbid.

@pathetic: I agree! Every time he’s in London he’s photographed coming out of some nightclub! Geez, doesn’t a 42-year old man has anything better to do when he comes home to the UK???

Thank God that he is O.K.

scary looking @ 01/07/2012 at 12:48 pm

wow, he did NOT want to be photo’d. Never saw him hide his face like that. He’s usually smiling or glowering. Very glad he’s ok from the accident.

it ‘s the worst pics with him that i saw since a long time:he looks so tired

Couldn’t care less. Sorry.

Wishing you a long and healthy life. You deserve good things. You’ve been a good son, friend, brother, wonderful to fans, supporter to those in need and most of all you never stoop to talking bad about others no mater what is said about you.

I think he has a drinking problem he always looks unhappy.

OMG….he looks sooooo tried….How long is he staying in UK???

If he keeps this life style .. Sooner we will have a statement from his rep that he fathered a child with someone he doesn’t know but he can’t wait for the baby to arrive

Love him . Wish I were in London with him. Swooning. Thanx, JJ for the photos.

GerrysFascinatingWoman @ 01/07/2012 at 2:34 pm

His posture appears to indicate an exhausted man who could have been coaxed out now sleepy craving to get to bed to crash after meeting friends at a club, and little more. That, and his look is all him. Love to see him in his leather jackets. And a wee bit thin.
~K
who loves the shiny curls pokin’ out from under his wool cap

too much hard living

Joie de Vivre @ 01/07/2012 at 3:24 pm

He looks pensive, even somber. I’d love to be that wool cap! Love denim and leather together. Chin up, Butler! This is going to be your banner year!!! XXO

I really hope that the paps caught him in a bad moment and there is nothing serious going on, because he looks sad.

bystander @ 01/07/2012 at 5:09 pm

@she: he looks simply terrible!
My last night in London and I’m frustrated to be back at the hote. If it was decent and safe for a solo woman of a certain to be out partying, I’m sure I’d be enjoying more than gb!
Get some sleep Gerry, you’ll burn yourself out.

Butler should consider gaining a few pounds. He looks rail thin in these photos and he looks so much healthier and sexier with a few more pounds on him.

Still love him no matter what!

chicken little @ 01/07/2012 at 5:22 pm

Pehaps why he doesn’t want to be seen?
Gerry must of got sick of the realatives! lol lol lol

I’ll just spank him and send him to bed!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 732 » Show All