Gerard Butler in Rehab for Prescription Drugs: Report

Gerard Butler in Rehab for Prescription Drugs: Report

Gerard Butler is leaving rehab after spending three weeks in the Betty Ford Center, TMZ reports.

The 42-year-old Scottish stud is reportedly being treated for prescription drug abuse – “the actor began struggling with pain management [during filming of 300 in 2006], and the problem became exacerbated while filming Of Men and Mavericks, when Butler was badly hurt on December 18 during a surfing accident,” TMZ explained.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Gerry is said to be leaving Betty Ford on Friday (February 24).

Our best goes out to Gerry.

• Leah Remini is able to drink now after leaving Scientology- US Weekly
  • Honey Boo Boo competes in a food eating contest - TMZ
  • Elisabeth Hasselbeck doesn't hate Rosie O'Donnell- Gossip Cop
  • Listen to an Irish version of Lorde's hit song 'Royals' - Just Jared Jr
  • True Blood alum Lucy Griffiths exits NBC show Constantine- Entertainment Weekly
  • See how Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes's future baby might look like- Huffington Post
  • How many copies did Robin Thicke's new album Paula sell in Australia?- Lainey Gossip
  • Tracy Morgan is suing Walmart for deadly car crash- The Hollywood Reporter
  • Aubrey O’Day shows off major cleavage for a performance - Hollywood Tuna

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All
angelsrock @ 02/24/2012 at 9:52 am

Well, we knew this would be the lead for the new thread. Nice of JJ to wish him well. I hope he gets out before the swarm of paps converges!!

this is not a surprise!

serendipity @ 02/24/2012 at 10:07 am

Prescription drugs and cocaine…what about the alcohol abuse. Is dear Gerry looking after that as well. That drunken drug addict, makes me sick.

I am actually surprised by this news. I love him and wish him well . So sad . : (

He needs to get away from Hollywood…Make movies, but don’t live there…He is prone to addictions, the environment there is toxic….

The look on his face flat-out paddling was apparent he was in pain. He’s had a tender back since Attila. I wish him the best with this on-going battle hoping he gets back, pardon the pun, to work soon!
~K

Love him….be well, Gerry!

Joie de Vivre @ 02/24/2012 at 10:22 am

Butler, you come across as being strong-minded and of having bulldog courage. Please apply what you’ve learned these past 3 weeks. Good Luck as you sort yourself out. Positive thoughts and prayers to you! XXO

Take care sweet Gerry, remember that we are not in this world to suffer. Be kind to yourself

Oh, darling, get better! Poor thing!

[~Fug Face Man!ston~] @ 02/24/2012 at 10:32 am

ahahahahaha

That’s a beautiful photo. it is. His sweet face and eyes say so much. I’m so glad they used one like that rather than try to ‘match’ the photo to the news? Thank you sincerely. If this had to come out, at least support him best you can!
Also to show they are legit meds for chronic issues sustained from working who knows stress finds its place of vulnerability and that’s his lower back, same like mine who had a bout of it last week under deadline at work but NOTHING like what he suffers from!
Best of luck Gerry! I’ve got your back. ;o) (wink)
~K
who knows this was about his career as much as his self wishing him all the love and support he can collect both spiritually and physically as he tackles the next phase of his life… managing his recovery!

He used to be hot and charming now he’s just gross and pathetic, another one who couldn’t handle money and fame without losing his mind in the process.
Get away from Hollyweird and $kanks Gerry you’ll be happier in no time ;)

Dragonette @ 02/24/2012 at 10:39 am

:( Pain pill addiction is a slippery thing. Hope he gets back to where he needs to be.

Well his time in Betty Ford gave him enough time to get all the chemicals out of his body. Now what is next? I hope he continues with outpatient work with Betty Ford.

I am addicted to celeb news but I almost feel bad that his personal news is out there. Still, I’m glad he is getting better. I like Gerry.

@ Manny

Can’t remember Palms Springs what happen there?

Stormyweather @ 02/24/2012 at 10:59 am

Well this wasn’t exactly the kind of “new topic” I was looking for! I have to say that this is more of a common problem then you think and is not just a Hollywood celebrity issue. Regular people get hooked on these things as well because our health care system is out of whack. It’s all about just shoving a prescription in front of someone who’s in pain nowadays and charging an office fee. Drug manufacturing is big business and pill pushing is out of control! It’s all about the dollar now and not the healing in this country.
Good luck to Gerry and I’m proud of him for realizing he has a problem and getting it under control. Not many in HW do (Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson come to mind.)
I’ve always feared with his addictive personality that he might have a problem that could escalate and do him real harm. I always knew he was a strong person though and knows his weaknesses, more then some give him credit.

Wow…. I wasn’t expecting this!!…. I’m glad he went to rehab and is getting better. Now I think, not only should he choose his women carefuly , but also who he hangs out with on a daily bases. WIsh you the best Gerry!!…. Can’t wait to see a new pic of your smiling face .

Yet another celeb who has everything going for them and cr aps on it. WTF would these retards do if they had to live in the real world with real responsibities, a real job, and limited income?

The Noise In The Walls @ 02/24/2012 at 11:19 am

Gerry,
Best for you :)..Glad you got treatment.. :)..Hang in there :)..ox

From The Spartans to Rehab. Gerard, you’re certainly well-travelled. Hang in there and get well!

@Oh dear 1:
Answered in the other thread…

I wish Gerry well, and hope he takes some good advice.

But, is this story all that it seems? If you drill into the treatment programs above, the one for addiction to pain management medication is a minimum of 45 days.

I sincerely hope that whatever program he is on, and he does seem to be a bare minimum length of treatment, that he has not curtailed it for professional or social reasons. It does not matter one iota what anyone, especially your fans, thinks or would like you to do.Time to put your health first, dear boy.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 » Show All