Jennifer Lopez Exits 'American Idol'

Jennifer Lopez Exits 'American Idol'

Jennifer Lopez has officially announced that she plans on leaving American Idol.

“I honestly feel like the time has come for me to doing the other things I do that I’ve kind of put on hold because I love Idol so much,” the 42-year-old singer said to host Ryan Seacrest on his radio show this morning.

“No matter what you guys need over there, I’m always going to be here. I feel there’s that tie there. I just can’t be there every day like I was for the last two years,” Jennifer added.

News of Jennifer‘s departure comes just one day after Idol judge Steven Tyler announced his leave from the show.

As for who will be replacing the judges, Miley Cyrus, Adam Lambert, and Mariah Carey‘s names have all been tossed into the mix.

ARE YOU SAD Jennifer Lopez is leaving American Idol?

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

I’m going to miss jlo and tyler on the show

This show needs to end!

lexy hates bilson @ 07/13/2012 at 12:56 pm

She got her foot back in the door and now she’s dumping this nonsense. Probably better for the contestants. Who is this talentless hack to decide someone has no talent! Steven Tyler is an actual musician.

BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD ALL DAY!!!

she’s sooooo beautiful

I guess this demanding aging delusional old hag didn’t get her way when the Idol producers refused to give her teenage gigolo boyfriend a job. Good riddance know one wants to see you anyway although Steve will be greatly missed. They should have hired Britney for this role in the first place and they wouldn’t have lost viewership by the millions.

Little Monster @ 07/13/2012 at 1:04 pm

WOW!! look at that honker time for a new nose job JLO now hit the road.

Wow are they all leaving AI now? That’s crazy, but it’s high time my eyes had some rest from seeing her all over in her ridiculous outfits…

OMG!! THANK YOU!! THERE IS A GOD!!!

@Maria:

Tyler ‘Yes’. JLo — HELL NO!!!!

JLo will be missed on Idol but on the good side we’ll get to enjoy more movies, we have yet to see her in an action movie.

Big Mistake @ 07/13/2012 at 1:09 pm

It won’t be the same without Jlo and Tyler.

It won’t be the same without Steve but it will be better without no talented JLO.

Happy Days @ 07/13/2012 at 1:13 pm

Jennifer LOpez has been Box office poison since Ben dumped her all of her terrible movies go straight to DVD. Hopefully, now she will spend more time with her abandoned children.

interesting @ 07/13/2012 at 1:15 pm

Please she got fired, her and Tyler. When the ratings didn’t go up hell if anything they went down and they lost $171 million in ad revenue they said they failed to deliver so they droped BOTH of them. She is so full of crap, just like when she got dropped by Sony in the middle of promoting her album, “I ve decied to leave blah blah blah. Woman knock it off.

Best looking 43 year old woman I’ve ever seen and Orange looks very pretty on her.

I hope that from now she can focus more on her movie career. I like her as a singer but I think she’s actually a better actress. Starring in one movie per year is not enough

All the delusional anti-JLo paid trolls on this site are hilarious.

who's that @ 07/13/2012 at 1:20 pm

I’ve heard they are considering Mariah which is what they should have done in the first damn place. Having a judge with an actual octave range would be refreshing. A singer that knows how to sing, what a concept. Newscorp is letting her save face by saying she’s leaving, it was either leave or get fired publicly.

@Jealousy: Yes everyone who doesn’t like Mrs. Lopez for whatever reason is jealous. It’s not like they have their own opinions and can see through the bullshit. Some people eat it up some don’t.

Good Docs @ 07/13/2012 at 1:30 pm

Lots of cosmetic surgery will make any 43 year old look better.

Adiois JLOW @ 07/13/2012 at 1:37 pm

Poor thing has been in the music business for 20 years and never won a single Grammy or even an Oscar nomination.

seriously miley cyrus!?! what were they smoking

20 Million plus must be hard to walk away from but on the other hand she has more time for Movies and Producing other show.

I just did a cartwheel, now I’m clicking my heels three times, please go away mediawhore PLEASE!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All