Nicole Kidman to 'The Edit': 'I've Been to Hell & Back' in My Personal Life

Nicole Kidman to 'The Edit': 'I've Been to Hell & Back' in My Personal Life

Nicole Kidman keeps coy in her trench coat on the cover of Net-A-Porter’s The Edit magazine.

Here’s what the 47-year-old actress had to share with the mag:

On her friends’ reactions to Keith Urban‘s confessions of love on stage: “I had two girlfriends sitting with me [at the concert] and they were like, ‘Bitch!’ I went, ‘Hey! I’ve been to hell and back!’ Keith always says, ‘We’re lucky we met late in life,’” the Grace of Monaco star continued. “‘The sadness of that is we can’t have six kids together, but the greatness of that is [we are done] with all the other stuff, so now we are totally present for this.’ That’s a great thing to hear from a man.”

On having a family: “They say your art gets affected when you have a family, but I’d much rather have a family. Having experienced the greatest awards and accolades, the idea of being alone with that doesn’t work for me. It may for somebody else, but it’s not for me.”

For more from Nicole, visit Net-a-Porter.com. Bigger cover inside…

nicole kidman the edit magazine 01

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All
Love Nicole @ 08/29/2014 at 4:55 pm

The shoot is amazing. Great interview too!

I love her hot full round ass so much !!!! I wanna lick and squeeze it and *** in it !!!

MOD FANTASTIQUE!!!!!

“The Grace of Monaco” star? Couldn’t they think of something better?

I like her but I feel like she talks about the same thing in all her interviews lately: Keith and her family and how much she loves them and how happy they are. Maybe it’s just the questions they are asking her but it’s a bit dull. I doubt most 47 year old men who have been acting for over 25 years would get those types of vapid interview questions.

Artistlike @ 08/29/2014 at 5:44 pm

@Cate: probably not, but men also aren’t usually put on the cover of fashion magazines that typically only deal with fluff. Unfortunately, it comes with the territory.

I want her butt to sit on my face and I want her to rip a smelly one !!!!

I wonder what she will says to her girls when they ask why she abandoned her two other kids. (Please don’t tell me they walked away from her) She is the adult. She left them and ran to AUS and then to TN.

Maybe married male actors should be asked about their partners and kids. They’re human too you know. There’s nothing wrong with Nicole Kidman being proud of her family. Keith and other male country artists when asked are just as proud.

whatever. @ 08/29/2014 at 5:52 pm

@allison: She never abandoned them. Her son made a statement that the media’s misinformation and lies about that are just that. Lies.

Connor and the girl were not particular hard workers. They also were kind of not her kids. It’s better for those that they are away from Hollywood. They weren’t up to the game !!!!

@allison:

Nicole didn’t run away to Oz. She remained in LA. Actually, that’s where she met Keith. As far Connor and Bella are concerned, their aunt (Tom’s sister) raised them as Scientologists, and they weren’t encouraged to see their mother. Tom Cruise had the money and power to make sure he called the shots as far as they kids were concerned. It’s a shame that education wasn’t included in his agenda.

Oh,noese! @ 08/29/2014 at 6:47 pm

Never heard of “Edit.” Kidman keeps bombing and bombing at the box office. And can someone PLEASE tell her not to act with her mouth open all the time? Even a critic wrote about her failure to close her mouth in her “performance” *cough* of Diane Arbus.

Oh,Noese! Your statement proves you have no clue what a real actor is. Nicole’s been nominated for 3 Academy Awards she won one. Actors are not nominated unless they are proven to be superb in their field. You don’t like her movies fine that’s okay but just don’t say things that you have no clue what you’re talking about.

one of the few actresses that 1) has genuine talent 2) is not starving for attention and 3) has good values

hats off to NK, she’s brilliant :)

They also were kind of not her kids
@Dieter: What kiind of bs answer is that. Kidman was the only mother they knew.
@Lizzie:
The only way the aunt could raise them as anything is if Kidman abandoned her responsibility as their mother. You do see the Katie has her child. right. Katie fought for her child. Those two kids were Kidman’s kids and she left them. Left them in a position that she says was hell for her.

” Actors are not nominated unless they are proven to be superb in their field.” – Tom Cruise has been nominated for 3 Academy Awards and 3 Golden Globes, but some wouldn’t see him as a ‘superb’ actor.

Also, there are pictures of Nicole and Bella (here on JJ) holding hands in Australia during visits as late as 2007 when Bella was age 14. I wouldn’t say that Cruise’s sister had raised them if Nicole was still involved with her daughter at least as late as her teens. (Connor age around 11). Cruise may have gradually gained more influence and time with his children, but that wasn’t until Bella was at least a teenager and Connor a preteen.

What a cunning woman. Still trying to convince the masses she gave birth to Sunday and she works constantly, yet preaches family comes first. Is it any wonder nobody likes her and nobody sees her movies.

I really appreciated the interview link, especially the “Memories” video at the end. Nicole is so happy and grateful for the life she has with Keith. Their relationship is what she is proudest of. Just lovely.

Kidman’s girlfriends (wink wink) are correct. She is a “*****” in the true sense of the word, despite what her paid puppet Urban regurgitates on stage.

NK went to hell and back ... @ 08/29/2014 at 9:42 pm

when Tom Cruise decided not to extend her bearding contract.

She has it all. An incredibly loving, devoted and gorgeous husband who happens to be talented and filthy rich. Plus two beautiful biological girls and two adopted children. She may have found happiness later in life, but she struck gold. Worth the wait. She must be a very nice lady to have gotten KU to devote his life to her.

Before I Go To Sleep @ 08/29/2014 at 10:22 pm

I must remember to video tape an imitation birthing scene in case Sunday Rose wants to watch it one day.

Bitter skeptics hoping for the worst for the Urbans for almost a decade go crazy reading these great upbeat interviews with a radiant Nicole. Expect lots more of the same old predictable nastiness from the usual suspects. You go, Nicole!

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All