Kanye's Backstage Meltdown @ VMAs 2007

Kanye's Backstage Meltdown @ VMAs 2007

Watch. this.

Kanye West, whose album drops today, had a complete meltdown backstage at the 2007 Video Music Awards. The rapper goes completely haywire, hating on MTV for using Britney Spears to open up the show and losing in all five categories that he was nominated for. Kayne‘s so fumed, he even canceled his appearance on TRL today, missing out on a chance to hype up his new album.

Here’s Kanye‘s rant transcribed but watch/listen to the video below!!!

“**** MTV. Y’all heard what the **** I said… Five nominations. I ****in’ lost to Black Eyed Peas last year, man. I’m never coming to MTV. Ya’ll find Britney. Get Britney. Get a real ****in’ artist. Get Britney Spears. I ain’t ****in’ with this pop ****. God****. Give me a ****in’ chance. Give a black man a chance. I’m tryin’ hard. I got the ****in’ #1 record. I’m tryin’ man. I don’t even get a ****in’ chance. They don’t want a ****in’ black man in that position.”

Kanye West‘s Backstage Meltdown @ 2007 MTV VMAs

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All
Patmycrotch @ 09/11/2007 at 4:12 pm

what a loser, way too full of himself.

ROTFLMAO!! talk about a bad loser Hmmmmmmm i wonder if he’s a Troll?

Wow, he was angry indeed.

Benjamin Buchloh @ 09/11/2007 at 4:13 pm

kpnt rl, jgb, da’rt, mofo n edy

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL now that’s a sore LOSER!!! LOLOLOl

I thought the fans voted for mtv awards? I didnt think MTV took it upon themselves. Am I wrong?

I LOVE HIM!! HES A WINNER FOR ME!! HES COCKY BUT AT LAST REAL.. FIFTY IS A POSER..

HE IS A LOSER

[~Famous~] @ 09/11/2007 at 4:24 pm

he’s keeping it real, and acting like a complete biish. lol he cry’s about winning way to much.

sadly this is the only way a black man can get a thread on this site. lol

Poor Kanye…He only made $20 million last year…He’s so right…Black men do need a chance…How is he supposed to live off of $20 million?…I don’t know how he has the number one album when his album came out today, not on Sunday…But that’s neither here nor there I suppose…

At least he speaks his mind and let MTV know how he feels. What a load of $#!+ that show is anyway. Hardly plays videos and plays the same all the time.

Kanye is an artist who is competitive and in his mind he feels that he is deserved of an award. Come on he performs on the show and to be snubbed two years in a row? He has very good videos for his music and not idiotic portrayals.

Who can blame the guy for wanting to win a man on the moon. Ahh c’mon

OMG! BEHIND THE SCENES ARE ALWAYS BETTER! CELEBRITITES HAVE SO MANY SECRETS! lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[~Famous~] @ 09/11/2007 at 4:29 pm

kanye’s saying exactly what all losers think, he just says it out loud.

I LOVE ME SOME Kanye!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[~Famous~] @ 09/11/2007 at 4:30 pm

Jeff23, and you repeated it! really?!?

ugh. i hate him. get a life. he needs to go away. He doesnt have the #1 cd!! and i surely hope he wont. jeez.

I think hes referring to what he puts into his work compared to other people. I mean he should know he is in the industry.

Like someone said earlier, Don’t the fans vote for who receives the awards? If so, then I guess he should be directing that race-card rant toward the fans. Geez, it’s not like an MTV moon man is a freakin Grammy. Get over it.

Britney Spears as the opening act attracted WAY more viewers than Kanye West would have. MTV knew that, and they are going to go where the ratings are. Once again, Get over it. Last time I checked, a VMA didn’t represent an artist “making it”. I’m sure he will get a Grammy this year which is all he should really care about anyway. I love his music but he is a titty baby. Makes me like him less and less.

Brit Chick @ 09/11/2007 at 4:33 pm

Im not surprised seriously MTV have to be taking the p.iss when they let that idiotic Britney open the flaming show, then Kanye isnt acknowledged with an award? he has worked his **** off to get to where he is, and when you think about it, it is a bloody travesty he hasnt won one award, what the hell is that all about? at least he speaks his mind, and tells it like it is! Kanye was robbed of 5 damned categories he was nominated for, and he doesnt get even one? that is an absolute joke! same thing happened to Craig David over here, he was nominated about 5 times for a Brit Award, simply because his record company werent well known!! I dont blame Kanye one bit!

I would comment about Kanye being a total ***** but #7 Vic is the real ***** you ******* ************!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jett-lass @ 09/11/2007 at 4:38 pm

I am tired of this race card crap… If you flip it and make him a white guy in this industry–he wouldn’t be where he is now. Maybe your music just sucks kanye… what do you think about that?

wow. he is really pissed. it’s hilarious!

I HATE HIM HES SO FULL OF IT!!

Oh and another thing ****,oh I’m sorry Vic ,thing that “porch monkey” as you called him is a ******* successful millionaire while your still living at home in your mothers basement with one hand down your pants jerking off to Kanye’s videos

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 » Show All