Abigail Breslin and Cameron Diaz Are "Sisters"

Abigail Breslin and Cameron Diaz Are

Cameron Diaz and Abigail Breslin film scenes for their latest movie My Sister’s Keeper on a beach in Malibu on Wednesday.

During one scene Cameron, 35, and a male co-star were play fighting and kissing while Abigail, 11, was filmed holding an umbrella as she walked along the ocean.

My Sister’s Keeper is a movie about a young girl (Abigail) who sues her parents for the right to make her own decisions about how her body is used when a kidney transplant is planned in order to potentially save her older sister. Cameron Diaz plays Sara Fitzgerald, Abigail‘s mom in the movie.

More pics of the two “sisters” filming scenes at the beach…

abigail breslin cameron diaz 01
abigail breslin cameron diaz 02
abigail breslin cameron diaz 03
abigail breslin cameron diaz 04
abigail breslin cameron diaz 05
abigail breslin cameron diaz 06
abigail breslin cameron diaz 07
abigail breslin cameron diaz 08

Ethan Miller/Getty

awww yay! love them! abby is a cutie!

ashleyxoxo @ 04/10/2008 at 7:07 am

i want to see this movie!! first!!! betches!!!

jen is the real fraud @ 04/10/2008 at 7:08 am

Can’t wait to see this movie. love Cameron and Abigail.

Jared, I’m pretty sure that Cameron plays the mother in the story, not Abigail’s older sister. The girl that plays Abigail’s older sister is Sofia Vassilieva.

Pictures look fun! I dont know the book too well but Im pretty sure Cameron is playing Abigail’s mother in the movie..

Armadillo @ 04/10/2008 at 8:10 am

Cameron Diaz : Gerard Butler’s horizontal slot machine.

God Bless Butt-Cam.

Abigail is today what Dakota Fanning was a few years ago.

We dont seem to hear anything about Dakota now.

She’s playing her mother, not her sister!

desideria @ 04/10/2008 at 8:52 am

Abby is super sweet!

remember da truth @ 04/10/2008 at 9:01 am

Doesn’t it SAY she’s playing her mother?

Good for Cameron to be transitioning into playing “mom” roles. She can’t be the cute giggly girl forever or she’ll be trapped in Meg Ryan’s career, without anyone being able to see her as anything but a silly rom com girl. It’s too bad for Meg — she only made a few rom coms, but was so good in them that’s all anyone wanted to see her do and now her career is kaput.

washing09 @ 04/10/2008 at 9:16 am

She’s pretty. I think she is beautiful. But there are many more beautiful women on richkiss. com. I have been a member on that site. My friend told me about it, I hesitantly joined not sure what to expect, and got a lot of response, I dated ten nice girls and became friends with most of them. My current girlfriend is the best one among these girls. She is a model, young, hot and beautiful.

I think Abigail Breslin will go very far in the film industry.

Pingy-ponga @ 04/10/2008 at 9:46 am

Cam plays the mom. Gerry the dad! Mmmmm

krung krung @ 04/10/2008 at 10:00 am

Nicole @ 04/10/2008 at 7:17 am Cameron is not the sister she is the Mother. The sister is played by Sofia Vassilieva.

==============================================

thanx, that’s what i thought too, Jared’s short description of the movie confuses me in the end in the part but whatevs.

neway, i like Abigail she’s cute, she’s very entertaiing in the movie “lil miss sunshine”.

Yeah, I noticed that, too, I’m guessing he just did that to fit it in with the title.

They don’t play sisters.

Ha. This must be a bit of a shock for Cameron. She has to play the mother rather than the big sister. Maybe she’ll finally grow up and realize she’s 35 not 25.

Kikigirl101 @ 04/10/2008 at 10:07 pm

I love Abigail! Her career must be really successful if she’s working with big shots like Cameron Diaz!

I thought Cameron was playing the guardian ad libem (or whatever) not the mother???

LOl never mind

remember da truth @ 04/11/2008 at 8:04 am

Jeez, are all of you illiterate? The headline Jared has is in quotation marks, meaning it is the title of the movie, not the literal meaning that they are sisters!! Then he goes on to explain the plot and you all are STILL confused??

I should have known from the stupid comments most of you make all the time that you also don’t know how to read! Common sense saying that Cameron and Abigail are too far apart in age to be sisters would be too much to ask, but at least READ!!

I don’t buy her as a mom for a SECOND.

this is me talking abigails official #1 fan.
i reckon all those ppl who made negative comments about abigail u guys go get a life!!
And to everone who wants to argue that they are her #1 fan be quiet cause i am i am the same age as her and her bday is on mine!!

I love Abigail, she is so professional, and only 12. I only can dream of a life like she has. And I’m looking forward to the movie, I read it’s kinda sad, but from all the picture’s I’ve seen, it doesn’t look sad at all. And I love the pictures! Thanks Jared!