Matt Damon is Rugby Ready

Matt Damon is Rugby Ready

Matt Damon walks to the set of his new movie, The Informant, in Los Angeles on Wednesday.

Earlier this month, it was announced that Matt will play the role of Francois Pienaar, captain of South Africa’s 1995 World Cup-winning rugby team, in a film called Human Factor. Shooting will begin early next year in South Africa and Clint Eastwood is directing. The film is a look at life for Nelson Mandela (Morgan Freeman) after the fall of apartheid in South Africa during his first term as president.

Damon and wife Luciana Barroso‘s 2-year-old daughter Isabella Damon turned two yesterday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ISABELLA!

matt damon rugby ready 01
matt damon rugby ready 02
matt damon rugby ready 03
matt damon rugby ready 04
matt damon rugby ready 05
matt damon rugby ready 06

Credit: Andrew Shawaf; Photos: PacificCoastNewsOnline
Posted to: Matt Damon

Getty

Pages: [1] 2 3 » Show All
ElenaBelle @ 06/12/2008 at 3:25 am

Did he have to gain weight for the role?,he looks a little pudgy!

he’s definitely gained weight..
not very good looking

VIP INFO :
nourris au cortisone sur forme liquide pendant un mois..

wow now I bet PEOPLE mag feels stupid to choose him as sexiest man alive.

Please let it be that he HAD to gain weight for this role. Not a good look.

He was a little heavy in the last Bourne movie too. He may have deliberately gained weight for The Informant, but he’s starting to show the effects of age.

wow finally a film about the best sport in the world: rugby!! :)

Yeah! Go Springboks!…even though it’s a movie… ;)

Anastazia @ 06/12/2008 at 5:00 am

thankfully he looks like william shatner. nothing wrong about it
except that less food and more work makes you look
just like me :P

He looks different. Did he dye his hair too?

He has a toupe and pleated dress pants… Even without gaining weight, pleats add pounds (I’m a woman!). He’s dressed up for a role.

Pleidiol wyf i'm gwlad @ 06/12/2008 at 6:14 am

Yay a movie about rugby! :D

Who cares if he put on weight? He’s not there for you to oggle at.

The incredible edward! @ 06/12/2008 at 6:37 am

Really bad photos, but he looks like he is also under heavy make-up. Must be for the part…

I think he is in the character.

Did any of you ever see Christian Bale in “The Mechanist”? Or Matt Damon in “Courage Under Fire”? Both of them looked like junkies in those films. You would have not liked them.

They are not themselves anymore when they are in films. That’s what differs a good actor from a wannabe actor pretty boy!

[☆I n F a m o u s☆] @ 06/12/2008 at 7:17 am

#3 – stupid ass question.

It says he is walking to the set of the film, so of course he is dressed for the role. His hair is done for the role, his clothes, the extra weight etc. It is all for the role….that is acting. You must separate the actor from their movie characters.

Rugby players are usually very muscular so lets hope it’s muscle and not just flab he has put on. If he has to wear a short sleeved shirt and shorts in the movie we’ll soon see if he has bulked up.

*rien+

I was truly shocked when I saw Christian Bale in The Machinist. He was so painfully thin and had lost so much weight to play his role.

The incredible edward! @ 06/12/2008 at 8:14 am

Can’t you ppl READ?
It says that rugby film will start shooting next year!
This is from “The Informant”…

#22 Raichill

We should have seen it together! I was shivering the whole time to see him like that. And when he finally was able to close his eyes and sleep, oh, what a relief! I am not sure how many packages of tissues that I used that night….

original jpf @ 06/12/2008 at 8:50 am

My guy Matt. Adore him. I wonder if he’s on the Paramount lot (or whatever lot ) and I ask this because I’ve seen not only Brad Pitt, Don Cheadle and George Clooney in photo’s with her, and I’m 100% positive it was during the filming of the last Ocean’s movie.

Did I mention I adore Matt?

jpf