Michael Jackson's Cirque Du Soleil Show Debuts 2011!

Michael Jackson's Cirque Du Soleil Show Debuts 2011!

Michael Jackson will be getting the Cirque Du Soleil treatment!

The French-Canadian acrobatic troupe will be putting together an arena-touring show for fall 2011. A permanent Las Vegas show will arrive in 2012.

“Having attended Cirque du Soleil performances with Michael, I know he was a huge fan,” John Branca, the co-executor of Michael‘s estate, said in a statement. “We are excited to be partners with Cirque du Soleil to give Michael‘s fans a truly unique way to hear, see and feel Michael‘s music.”

The King of Pop‘s mother, Katherine, added in a statement, “Our family is thrilled that Cirque du Soleil will pay tribute to my son in such an important way.”

Cirque Du Soleil recently built successful shows around music from the Beatles (“The Beatles LOVE”) and Elvis Presley (“Viva Elvis”).

Michael Jackson-Cirque Du Soleil Show Debuts 2011!
Credit: Bob Strong; Photos: AFP/Getty
Posted to: Cirque Du Soleil, Michael Jackson

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

mimes are creepy

omg i can’t wait. this is gonna be awesome!

Oooh could be fun! I bet the music and costumes will be phenomenal.

This is gonna be amazing. I might have to go to Las Vegas to see a show.

One word. = Epic

@Jo:

I’M WITH YOU!! CAN’T WAIT TO SEE THIS. SAW ‘LOVE’ AND IT WAS SPECTACULAR. I’M SURE THEY’LL DO MICHAEL PROUD.

Awwww…..wonderful. I’m sure it will be amazing!! Too bad he isn’t around to witness all this great stuff…..We miss you MJ!!!

carrienae @ 04/20/2010 at 3:25 pm

exciting!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see this. Vegas, here I come again on 2011…..

After the King of Rock got his own show in Vegas, it was clear that it would be the King of Pop’s turn next. This will be a phenomenal show, just like VIVA ELVIS is. The trailer and more: http://bit.ly/9GWGmj

LeviKlein @ 04/20/2010 at 7:05 pm

Aww it’s exciting to see that people are starting to include MJ’s music in nice and fun ways. Great to remember him as an artist.

AWSOME…this will be groundbreaking and original…just like MJ was.

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL….cannot fathom that it’s been 10 months…really 10 MONTHS!??!?!?! crazy-if you agree can i get a “hehe” from yall

This is going to be epic!!! I seriously can’t wait! :D

IamBW-BWisme @ 04/21/2010 at 9:12 am

I wish he was around to see all of this!

Brian Quinn @ 04/21/2010 at 9:53 am

I would not go and see anything to do with Michael Jackson. I never liked his style of singing or dancing. Too immature.

Thats a real circus… the one that can make you have fun with its clowns, mimes and acrobats without torturing poor animals.

ALL GET OFF SO GO AHEAD @ 04/21/2010 at 2:19 pm

I said it before and I will say it again… THE MAN IS WORTH MORE
DEAD THAN ALIVE..!!! Wow permanent .. eh.. Like Celine Dion
Get the show on the road and have the Jackson Estate pay for it..!!

Yeah in honor of all the drug addicted deaths in the U. S … Go ahead.
He died in his own bedroom in his own bed and had the drug delivered to his house.. and put into his own arm.. so you tell me how
great it is that a drug addict right up until he died in his own home.
Gets his own show…

smile to me,it’s the king !!! See here http://www.popkingmichaeljackson.co.uk

THIS IS TOTALLY AWESOME, I AM DEFINITLY GOING. THATS HOW YOU KEEP A LEGACY ALIVE!!! (well besided the fact that they’re gonna cash in like crazy)

Ohhhhh,It’s Michael Jackson !!! I see Michael Jackson shopping yesterday in a store,he smile to me,it’s the king !!! See here http://www.popkingmichaeljackson.co.uk

Lauren Adams @ 12/05/2010 at 8:38 am

@Brian Quinn: Immature? You must be a very BORING and lame guy.

my name is Brianda and i am going to cirque at the concert of michael Jackson i going on April 3

michael Jackson whatever where you are we love you so much there is love I be there will you there michael Jackson I Miss you MJ :-) :-)

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All