Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Portraits at TIFF

Gerard Butler: 'Machine Gun Preacher' Portraits at TIFF

Gerard Butler poses during a portrait session for his film Machine Gun Preacher during the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival on Friday (September 9) in Toronto, Canada.

The 41-year-old actor was joined at the session by his castmates Michelle Monaghan and Michael Shannon, director Marc Forster, and Chris Cornell, who lent his musical talents to the film’s soundtrack.

PHOTOS: Check out the latest pics of Gerard Butler

Machine Gun Preacher tells the story of Sam Childers (Butler), a former drug-dealing biker tough guy who found God and became a crusader for hundreds of Sudanese children who’ve been forced to become soldiers.

gerard butler machine gun preacher portraits at tiff 01
gerard butler machine gun preacher portraits at tiff 02
gerard butler machine gun preacher portraits at tiff 03
gerard butler machine gun preacher portraits at tiff 04
gerard butler machine gun preacher portraits at tiff 05
gerard butler machine gun preacher portraits at tiff 06

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All

wtf hap’d to chris cornell, he was hot? Gerard looks better than him at least……..

curious cat @ 09/09/2011 at 8:38 pm

Just had to be #2. Just hope the film is successful and brings attention to the outrages in Africa.

Handsome man. Good luck, Gerry!!!

Can'tGetEnough @ 09/09/2011 at 8:45 pm

Looking good Gerry!! Handsome as ever!

Michelle is such a cutie and she has high praise for Gerry and he of her. I think you will see just how good they were in this movie. Gerry my dear you picked a winner with MGP. I can’t wait to see it.
Have a wonderful night JJer’s and a happy weekend.

Red Dress @ 09/09/2011 at 8:52 pm

Gerry looks good even though he is too thin. He is thinner than he was in the Red Death scene in Phantom. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was a natural thinness, but it’s not. I bet he is hungry all the time. I think Hollywood is demanding that men be lollypop heads, too.

Did anyone see Daniel Graig in Cowboys and Aliens? You can see his shoulder bones he is so thin. Surprising because I can’t imagine what he or Gerry looks like off camera without that artificial 10 pounds.

Nice to see Michael Shannon, he is a very good actor.

justjared has become a gerard butler fan site

O, Gerry! You’re beautiful!

Harrietta @ 09/09/2011 at 9:10 pm

Wish The Machine Gun Preacher a big success as it deserves it!

Gerry looks great and so are the rest of the cast and director and the musician. Can’t wait to see it.

He is thinner but I have come to accept this new Gerry look. It’s fine with me. Still a handsome devil.

redOctober @ 09/09/2011 at 9:12 pm

@lolita:

Hi girl! I’ve answered to you in the other thread…they are so fast lately that I can’t keep up with JJ *O*

The Noise In The Walls @ 09/09/2011 at 9:23 pm

I agree Red Dress..
I think Hollywood is too weird for words..I mean..getting men to lose weight as well..It’s bad enough with the women there…These people are hungary all the time..and for any of them who claim otherwise are lying through their teeth..

I think Gerry looks okay but afew pounds on the man wouldn’t hurt…Still love ya Gerry :)..I wish you much success with this film!! So far it’s getting very positive reviews :) Best Always!!!and chin up :) :)

i hope machine preacher is in a movie close to me! i’ve been looking forward to seeing this movie!

He looks absolutely amazing in these pics!

Sorry here’s the 1st one.

some one cry and want gerad where are yo Anna?

curious cat @ 09/09/2011 at 10:21 pm

Know sumpin? all the talk about thinness. I think GB looks fine. When you see him stripped down you realize he was carrying a lot of fat before. Sorry, ladies. Since 300 he didn’t look too lean. That #2 picture here is breathtaking. Anyhow, it’s his business what he weighs and why. He looks as old as he is and great.

Anna butler @ 09/09/2011 at 10:28 pm

Shut up @17

omg i Love you my gerard he makes me swoon

Dragonette @ 09/09/2011 at 10:48 pm

Aw he looks nice ! That shirt looks fresh out the package too LOL.

In other news: CHRIS CORNELL?!!!! O_O LAWD AMIGHTY I NEED A HUG RIGHT NOW. OMG THE TEARS, THEY WILL NOT STOP.

Love the shoes @ 09/09/2011 at 10:51 pm

I like him less physically.

Earlyautumn's Eve @ 09/09/2011 at 11:02 pm

@ridic:

And we shall call it “JustGerard” and all will be well with the world! LOL!

@Dragonette:

is it the fact that he’s aged horribly or are you a Soundgarden fan and are glad to see him? I thought he was a god at one time, but neither his present music or looks has passed the test of time…..

Pages: [1] 2 » Show All