Emma Watson In Talks for '50 Shades of Grey' Movie?

Emma Watson In Talks for '50 Shades of Grey' Movie?

Emma Watson is the latest actress whose name has been thrown around to play Anastasia Steele in the upcoming film adaptation of the best-selling book “Fifty Shades of Grey“.

The 22-year-old actress is in talks to play the coveted role, according to the New York Daily News.

Actors such as Ian Somerhalder, Ryan Gosling, and Alexander Skarsgard have been suggested to play Christian Grey, though nothing has been confirmed.

Emma has already departed from her Harry Potter roots with a role in The Perks of Being a Wallflower, in theaters September 14.

WHAT DO YOU THINK of Emma Watson playing Anastasia Steele in 50 Shades of Grey?

Jamie McCarthy/Getty

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All

I don’t get why everyone is “excited” about this movie? Am I the only one who didn’t like the book?

Cruizin596 @ 07/24/2012 at 1:58 pm

@Krista: Uh…WRONG. He is soooo wrong for the role on so many levels.

Emma is great but she`s definitely not my Anastasia Steele. I really like her but ,frankly, I can`t imagine her playing that role.

What?! Okay no offense but I read the first book and Im not a fan but shes so classy! It would totally go against her image. What what what? I cant see emma watson doing the nasty on screen. Shes so wholesome

MATT BOMER + ALEXIS BLEDEL are made for the roles in my opinion.

Jesminde1 @ 07/24/2012 at 2:08 pm

Ella no, no se parece en nada a anastasia.

i really hope she isnt that stupid! c mon that book is trash and the movie will be even worst. i doubt an a-list actor will do this trashy. its a caree suicide!

@Ev:

I know the feeling… this badly written fiction isn’t worth the time or effort, BUT, there is a large group of obviously sexually frustrated folks out there who have made these books best sellers.. and there was no way the studios were NOT going to make them into a new film franchise. MAYBE with the right screenwriter and director on board, they can elevate this crap into something better than what it is and that seems to be their primary focus now.

no, no, no…..She is NOT right for this role. ANd Matt Bomer is the PERFECT Christian Grey!!! Google him…..BEAUTIFUL!!!

EMMA YOU’RE SO ABOVE THIS **** BOOK PLEASE NO

This CAN’T be legit. She went to an Ivy League University and Oxford, she must know this isn’t good literature.

The Fifty Shades Trilogy is far amazing! Why so much hate? There is sex? obviously yes but it’s not all about sex. It is a beautiful novel. I recommend it to everyone.

Not A Fan @ 07/24/2012 at 3:24 pm

At this Point i dont think they will find anyone thats right for these roles.

what?! no Emma!! You had just finished one of the best series ever and now you want this?! She’s too much to fall that low.

God, no. She’s too good for that crap. And she has said that for now, she’s not looking into doing another movie series.

No. She is not Anastasia Steele. My favs are Armie Hammer and Olivia Wilde, but I think the pathetic autor of this crapy “fanfiction” saga would prefer Edward Pattinson and Kristen Steward. This saga is good for a movie, but like a book is very ******.

lol.......nice! @ 07/24/2012 at 5:05 pm

@pup:

I like your match up but I Think, COLIN EGGSFIELD AND ALEXIS BLEDEL would be good too. #opinion

lol.......nice! @ 07/24/2012 at 5:10 pm

@lol…….nice!:

sorry egglesfield

dakjfhjdf @ 07/24/2012 at 5:34 pm

Emma would be perfect! she’s not incredibly beautiful, she’s just the amount of pretty to play anastasia. If you get someone like alexis bledel, or whatever it becomes unbelievable.

In my opinion, they should get an unknown actress and actor to take on these roles, it would make it more fun.

People have to see young Hermoine be whiny about her heiny in bed?

Maybe they’ll get Ralph Fiennes to be Christian Grey, then we’ll be able to see Hermione getting naked with Voldemort.

@Alaia: YOU haven’t read the books either, have you?

cleoapatra @ 07/24/2012 at 7:35 pm

Emma ! , NOOOOOOOOOOO!!
Well, I adore Emma so much , But she is not suitable to play the role “Anastasia Steele” , Sorry Emma :)

Why are they even bothering to make a movie from this book? Wasn’t all that impressed with it…..

Emma as Anastasia is not innocent enough to play the role. But if she will be cast to play Anastasia it will be a good move for her.She needs to have some balls to take some kind of racy roles .This girl haven’t done any challenging role so far.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 » Show All